Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SPLATOON

153 posts in this topic

Posted

Both look dope af. Deff gonna try out that Zapper. Fits my play style much more than the original, though ive become accustom to it as well. And that brush is sure to be super popular!

So iv'e so far showed this game off to two of my big nintendo friends. They both own Wii Us but for some reason missed the news alert about this game lmao.The first person i showed, Amy, was really bad at it, but is slowly becoming better as she plays it at my house. She still hasnt bought it but every time i mention it or she plays it, it's hype. She's just afraid to ruin my score since she's not very good haha. I tell her to keep trying, it's got a learning curve for sure. My other friend, Jason-- i put the controller in his hand for 2 secs and hes already complaining lol. I put him in the "try out your weapons" mode. He tries one gun, and then another gun (both fairly similar to a non shooting game person, someone who doesn't understand the tactics involved with each weapon plus their set) and says "these are basically the same. it's just a boring shooter" like dude you tried out TWO main weapons lol. Had to show him the roller to shut him up lol.

oh and i got a new power cord so i can play again!

It'd be really nice if there was a website that told you what stages and ranked game modes were available in real time. Sometimes I get on and it's just boring stages, and i still havent been able to play Moray Towers! I'd like an app that alerted me when certain stages and modes popped up. How cool would that be?

*looks down at phone*  

oh cool, looks like a good time to play splatoon

*plays splatoon*

instead of logging on every 4 hours just to see!

Posted

There's this site that shows you what the current maps are, amount of time til the next rotation, and when the rotations are in your timezones. But it's only accurate for Turf War... the Ranked Mode ones are usually not correct, lol. I think the site assumes the previous turf war maps become the next Ranked stages but they stopped doing that as more maps were added. Still, better than nothing tho I guess!

Posted

Did they calculate it or data mine the game for it? The former sounding way more fun

Posted

I think it's the former one... I'm just the messenger I just provide the links I don't know nuthin'

also EU Splatfest results:

IfDzgSF.png

Really did not expect that much vote difference between Eating and Sleeping. But I guess little kids don't like being told to go to bed. Oh well I picked the right team clearly. Too bad I couldn't play for as long as the last Splatfest. 

Posted

i played like hjalf a match and was not feeling it

Posted

There's this site that shows you what the current maps are, amount of time til the next rotation, and when the rotations are in your timezones. But it's only accurate for Turf War... the Ranked Mode ones are usually not correct, lol. I think the site assumes the previous turf war maps become the next Ranked stages but they stopped doing that as more maps were added. Still, better than nothing tho I guess!

Oh thanks so much! SO the adapter i got for my gamepad only worked one time. puppy.

Posted

We have updated art of the Octoling without goggles! They are so cute oh my god I want them to be playable

tumblr_nrz9fdwwMs1u3akyno1_500.jpg

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Yep! just confirms that those hackers who made octolings playable where legit. Same eyes and stuff!

Posted

THEY ARE TOO GOD DAMN ADORABLE puppy THIS GAME

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Camp Triggerfish is an... interesting map. It's okay in Turf War, I like the gate mechanic, it makes for an interesting last minute of the match. I'm not too used to the layout just yet, but I'd say this is probably one of the less predictable maps? The fact that it's a circle makes for less chokepoint-ey games. The enemy team can always be invading your base whilst you invade their base, totally missing it. If you never check the map like I do lmao! I like the map, though. It's a nice, fresh setting as well away from all the industrial/urban maps.

Tower Control on it is super fun though. Super puppying tense, the tower is always floating over the water for 90% of the game. And I finally got to A- Rank thanks to this stage wooooooop woop. I hope Splat Zones is like, somewhat fun, at least on this map. There aren't many where it is... lol. Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall and Port Mackerel and that's basically it.

Also this image from the current Japanese Splatfest... the teams being Lemon Tea and Milk Tea... the latter team's ink colour... I feel bad for laughing at this put this colour in our versions immediately:

0qEHR8f.png

Knuckle, T1g and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

I was expecting this update to be at the end of the month, so the fact that it's gonna be only a week on Thursday makes me very excited! Looking forward to all the new gear and weapons going to be added, the bucket and Gatling gun sound amazing and hilarious. And there can never be too many clothes obviously. 

Defs need to have a Hnet Squid Squad. Who plays this game???? Me, Skyler, T1g, Eka, Ganny... anyone else? I might also try to see if any of the people who I friended during Splatfest teams might wanna make a squad with me. You can never have too many squads right? But yeah it'll be so fun to play with all you guys as a squad and in that 8-player friend mode! If we can find 8 of us to all play at once lol. I'm super excited for this update. 

Pizzza likes this

Posted

i was waiting for this update so i could again start playing splatoon in earnest!

Pizzza likes this

Posted

I'm going to get this game after I get my first proper paycheck at the end of the month. Although I think I ought to get more experience before joining any squads so I don't end up being the one noob who ruins the game for everybody else.

Posted

Lol don't worry about it Aethix, just play with us!