Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

E3 2015 Discussion Thread

27 posts in this topic

Posted

For some God Forsaken reason there was no thread yet for this? So here it is.

Lets start off the discussion with the two most important facts that I know about, even though I have paid little to no attention to E3 so far. First off, they're finally making a new starfox game and it doesn't look like it's going to be awful:

Second of All, They're making Gears of War 4, a game that for some reason apparently has no Delta Squad or Locust in it:

Anyways Also Dark Souls 3 was announced and I still haven't gotten around to playing Dark Souls 2 lolololololol discuss

Posted

Oh shit, its like a Valkyrie from Macross in Gerwalk mode, thats awesome

Posted

Yeah, it's taken directly from what Starfox 2 would have been. Apparently Miyamoto working on Starfox 2 with the walker arwing was the source of inspiration for how mario moved around and interacted with his environment in super mario 64, according to this video:

Maybe the arwing and new helicopter and things might look really strange at a glance, but I'm confident they'll make for fine gameplay, knowing they're original parts of the series and all. The only thing I'm worried about is that this game might not be like starfox 64, which was easily the best game in the series. I've played every game that came out after 64(except for the 3ds remake) and to be frank, none of them are anywhere near as good. If it's just starfox team flying around on daring missions blowing things up for money, that will fit just fine with me.

Knowing the way Smash bros has been used more and more as an advertising tool with its content lately, I can't help but wonder if they'll do things like coincide new smash bros stages with the release of new games? Maybe like the day starfox zero is released, one of the levels in the game will also be released as a smash bros stage on the same day. Same goes for their other IP.

Posted

Final fantasy 7 remake. I could not believe my eyes.

Posted

The Nier 2 announcement got me pretty excited.

Especially them stating outright that Keiichi Okabe will be doing the music once again. There's also the fact that Platinum Games will be handling the combat system (makes sense, anyway) and all that stuff that they're good at. Nier was a pretty decent experience, but a lot of the gameplay didn't feel as good as it could've been. So, a company as great at doing gameplay like Platinum is just seals the deal, really.

The game also looks fantastic. Quite the upgrade from the first game. Can't wait.

Posted

I don't often watch reaction videos, but this one is brilliant fun. Watching them shit themselves over Final Fantasy VII, and then composing themselves just in time to be hit with Shenmue. I hadn't heard of Shenmue so that didn't have any relevance to me, but I can respect how big a deal it is for a lot of people.

Posted

Especially them stating outright that Keiichi Okabe will be doing the music once again.

Only thing I care about. I never played Nier but I've spent a lot of time listening to the soundtrack.

Posted

Especially them stating outright that Keiichi Okabe will be doing the music once again.

Only thing I care about. I never played Nier but I've spent a lot of time listening to the soundtrack.

Posted

My thoughts on Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam—

Why? Looks cool, but why?

Posted

Mario doing a crossover with his own franchise? Is this Mario Generations?

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Super Mario Maker might as well be Mario Generations.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I heard Square Enix's Conference was kind of a disaster where they just blabbed on and on about games without showing anything. Like having to sit through a boring lecture in college

Posted

Yeah? I didn't catch it, but we got some Kingdom Hearts footage, and tthe FF7 reveal. Those are a pretty big deal

Posted

Looks pretty good. I don't know if it'll live up to 64, but I'd say it looks like it could be one of the better games in the franchise so far.

T1g likes this

Posted

well it wont be the worst. that title goes to Star Fox Command

I think it will be interesting to TRY the gamepad view, but only after playing through the game normally