Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

E3 2015 Discussion Thread

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey now, Starfox Command wasn't bad. Just the story was really really excessively stupid no matter which path you took. But the gameplay was their adaption of Starfox 2's gameplay to DS. It did some pretty interesting stuff ultimately, with all the different ships you could pilot. I remember panther's wolfen was basically a sniper rifle laser ship, for instance. I regard it in the same ways lots of people seem to regard Zelda 2; a good idea poorly executed.

It's not that any of the starfox games that came after 64 were truly bad, just not good enough. Adventures wasn't supposed to be a starfox game to begin with, it was just starring krystal until they were worried the new IP wouldn't sell so they put starfox on it. The game itself isn't bad, but it's not the starfox game everyone wanted, and so they ultimately ruined two different IP's with it. And Starfox Assault was pretty good, but I think a lot of people really wanted fox and Co. to stay in their arwings and tanks and not be as anime as that game was. Of course, I haven't played the original starfox or downloaded starfox 2 anywhere, I should really get around to it one of these days.

Anyways I'm just really hoping they try to make Zero really really good.

Posted

I was disappointed how they talked about how you could fly into the boss battlestation after destroying part of it, but then didn't go and do it.

Posted

Right so Shin Megami X Fire Emblem looks like it is going to be kinda dumb. Like if Persona was more steeped in idol culture, which I despise

Posted

Really excited for both LBX and Yokai Watch, but I'll probably just get the later. In a perfect world though, both would be played by me.

But honestly if Watch is as god as it looks I think I can finally say good-bye to Pokemon. Only problem would be finding people to play with, as Pokemon is still obviously the king of that genre.

Right so Shin Megami X Fire Emblem looks like it is going to be kinda dumb. Like if Persona was more steeped in idol culture, which I despise

Squid

Sisters

???

Posted

Yeah thankfully the inklings are charming enough to counterbalance that. Plus they haven't done any actual idol shit so far

Posted

Sold

tumblr_nq5ud2fKIM1qft31ko1_540.png

Posted

tumblr_nq4vkofQXT1u32ouao1_540.jpg

Posted

nobody gonna talk about the last guardian okay

Posted

The Last Guardian was great, and it made me really happy to see it, but it's like "about time".

Pizzza and T1g like this

Posted

My friend and I thought it looked amazing but his boyfriend, who only recently got into gaming, thought we were watching a movie trailer and didn't "get it". He only plays games like Diablo and Dragon Age and threw lots of shade on the Nintendo direct. Like puppy I just wanted to get high and watch puppets and learn about new games that I ENJOY and he made me feel so bad that I jux turned it off. What a douche.

Also there is so much hate for this game but i actually think it looks really really fun! If i can get some friends to play with, this will def be on my "to buy" list.

Posted

filthy casuals ammirite

Pizzza likes this

Posted

Lol he did say that StarFox looks like a Dave & Busters' game, and I cant disagree tbh.