Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game of Thrones Werewolf Signups

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Game of Thrones Werewolf Signups:

So i noticed that no games of werewolf are currently in progress. Ive had an idea and roles planned for a game for some time. Overall it would be cool to get about 13 players total, but i can adjust slightly based on interest. more details to follow once we have a list of people.

Overview:

At its core, the game will be based on the standard rules of werewolf:

1. Most players belong to one of two groups: the Town and the Mafia. Any player who is Town wins if all Mafia are killed. Any player who is Mafia wins as soon as the Mafia outnumber the Town (equal numbers go to the Mafia). There may also be Independent players who have their own unique win conditions - these vary between roles.

Note: if Town wins at the end of a game, and you started the game as Town but died or were lynched along the way, you still get a win in the rankings. This is the same if you're a Mafia as well. Play for your team, not for yourself!

2. Each player has a name (which identifies their character), and a set of abilities. These abilities are unique to the player, and secret to everyone else, unless the player chooses to reveal them. Note that a player's name can be used to try and infer their abilities and/or alignment...but no guarantees.

3. Gameplay cycles between a Day phase and a Night phase. Day phase lasts 72 hours of real time, but may be ended early if the town decides on someone to lynch after 24 hours have passed at the minimum. Night phase lasts 48 hours, but may be ended early if all players complete their night actions.

4. During Day phase, the players may vote on who among them they should lynch. If any player receives a simple majority of the player's votes, that player is immediately lynched, and Day phase ends. A player's identity and alignment are revealed when they are lynched. Votes should be in bold and red, to make them easier to see when skimming the thread. If the day ends, the player who has the majority of votes cast will be lynched.

5. During Night phase, no player may post (with the exception of such pleasantries as "Good night"). Players with night-time abilities should PM me to let me know what they are doing. Also, every night, the Mafia may choose 1 player to kill. All deaths, and any other noticeable happenings will be reported to the town at the end of Night phases.

6. Players MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the game thread, unless their abilities state otherwise. Mafia may converse between themselves via PM, unless otherwise stated. Dead players MAY NOT post in this thread, aside from a "Bah" post when they die.

7. You may not directly quote any PM I send you concerning this game. You may, however, paraphrase. You also may not edit your posts: just double post if you absolutely must. If you quote a PM, you will be modkilled.

8. If you need to contact the GM to ask for a vote tally, or to ask that an inactive player be prodded or replaced, or to ask for a deadline extension, put these requests in blue, bold text.

At the start of each day phase , I will post TWO lists:

• A list of active players
  • A list of active character roles
Character roles and alignments will be somewhat randomized, so it will be possible that conventionally good characters can be wolves and vice versa. It's entirely possible that Jon Snow and Cersei Lannister could conspire together as werewolfs to take the Iron Throne for themselves. My goal is to make it so that those without any knowledge of the series are not at a disadvantage. If I want it to be clear that two characters have some sort of connection, it will be hinted somewhere in the flavor text.

New Mechanics:

• Each day phase will have TWO separate votes. The first will be a regular lynch, where you vote for a player name to kill at the end of the day phase in bold red text. Ex. LYNCH CIRT
  • There will also be a secondary vote (in blue text) that where you vote for a CHARACTER ROLE, NOT A PLAYER NAME, in bold blue text. For example, during the Day 1, the Town will have to elect a new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, so VOTE JON SNOW would be an example of a secondary voting command. During the night phase, the player tied to that character will receive some sort of bonus. This could be immunity, a temporary night ability, etc. This vote is completely optional, and the identity of the winning character will not be revealed.
  • This game will also feature NPC's. The abilities and behaviour of NPC's will be outlined when they join the game. Some player roles will benefit from keeping certain active NPCs alive in the game.
  • Lynch voting will always be based on the number of active players, so NPC's will have no affect on majority voting.

Good luck, and may the Seven Guide you.

Players:

1. Cirt

2. Necropolis

3. LL

4. Werewolf

5. T1G

6. Chase

7. Linox

8. Ammonsa

9. Knuckle

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)

Posted

PICK ME

My name should already be there

you are slackin brother

Posted

Sure, I'm game

Posted

lycanthrones

I'll play, but you guys have to finish a game for once

(not aimed at you, brodongo)

Posted (edited)

lycanthrones

I'll play, but you guys have to finish a game for once

(not aimed at you, brodongo)

In the spirit of the novels, the plan is for the game thread to run over 1000 pages, and then eventually be split into two separate parallel games to follow all the separate scheming and plotlines.

Cirt, Teto, LLmao ?✊? and 1 other like this

Posted

Oh, have you read the books? Will there be book only characters? That'd be neat

Posted (edited)

Oh, have you read the books? Will there be book only characters? That'd be neat

Yes I have, and don't worry, this werewolf game will include many important book only characters, such as Tommen's other two royal cats, Lady Whiskers and Boots, as well as the return of the TV fan-favorite, Ser Pounce.

Try to contain your excitement.

Cirt likes this

Posted

I'll count myself in

Posted

I'm in, as long as there are no spoilers. I'm only 2 seasons in

Posted

I'm in, as long as there are no spoilers. I'm only 2 seasons in

I'm making up a plotline for the game from scratch, that basically follows a parallel timeline where almost everyone is alive. I would place it as late Season 1. There will be characters from later seasons and the books but none of their actions on the show/books will be mentioned, i will however, give a brief introduction background for roles. Other than that, anything that happens in the game will be determined by player action.

Posted

Sign me up

Posted

I'll sit upon your throne of games.

Posted (edited)

Still plenty of openings left!

I'm going to try to spread the word around a bit, if you guys know anybody that might be possibly interested in playing give them a shout. I'll start handing out roles as soon as all the spots are filled.

Posted

let's goooooo people

Posted

I am in.