Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Least Favourite Foods

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Y'all are a bunch of babbies, mushrooms are the shit

Now Asparagus, thats a vegetable worthy of scorn. And Okra. Shit is nasty. And cooked spinach. Way to kill a great ass leafy green, just annihilate it with vinegar, ya asshat

On the neutral scale are veggies that are a pain to eat. Not bad per se, but not worth the effort

So...

Carrots

Salads without a lot of extras

Uncooked Broccoli and Cauliflower

Celery without Peanut Butter

And shit like that. Other than those, I like pretty much everything. I'll eat the shit out of some onions, raw or cooked, and anything spicy is good by me.

I basically made myself like raw broccoli. I adore carrots, and I started putting raw broccoli in my salads and I really like the extra crunch it gives. I do need to have a little salad dressing though, whether it's ranch or balsamic vinaigrette or whatever

I'm particular when it comes to cooked veggies, like I won't eat cooked carrots (too mushy), but I enjoy steamed broccoli. I'm okay with grilled zucchini and squash sometimes, I'm usually just not in the mood for it.

Steamed asparagus with lemon juice or parmesan cheese is yummy, though the skinny little kind is better than the fat stalks. I'll usually forget that I've eaten asparagus, then I'll have to go pee later, and be like "WHOAWHAT-oh yeah, I had asparagus last night.."

Can't stand strawberries or bananas puppying fight me

reasons why i disagree

this is ridiculous, during the school year I have a cup of coffee and a banana every puppying day for breakfast. gotta clean out somehow ya know. and strawberries are just the sweetest and most refreshing and pairs with every puppying sweet fruit. it is amazing.

then I went on a breakfast rant

speaking of breakfast (because it is my favorite and I can talk breakfast all day) I make a breakfast sandwich on the weekends that consists of: one-half toasted cinnamon raisin bagel, whipped cream cheese, fried egg, 3 small slices of fried turkey bacon, whipped cream cheese, other half of bagel. it is sweet and savory and creamy and a little salty and I literally do not care how many calories that racks up to because it's THAT good. I made it for one of my bf's friends once who was visiting and he told me,"I was feeling dead from my hangover but this made it all better. I literally feel alive again"

I read somewhere that when you're a kid you have more salty/bitter taste receptors in your tongue so you prefer sweet food more, and then it reverses as you become an adult. I totally believe this, there are a ton of foods that I really enjoy now that I hated as a kid (like mustard and salsa, more vegetables and savory food) and I used to be the biggest ice cream nerd out there but now I'll only want it if I'm craving something dairy. like after one little piece of chocolate I'm like "yeah that was great I'm good now"

I also don't like milk chocolate, dark ftw. WITH nuts too, but not peanuts

edit: I forgot this was a thread about food we don't like, I am sorry for just completely turning that around and ranting forever so I just put all that shit in spoiler tags because I feel bad ok. I REALLY LOVE FOOD

Cascade likes this

Posted

Not fond of skull.

Knuckle and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Mushrooms were gross but i got over them real quick when i decided to start having fun

Also my friend has a few words concerning mayo-

tumblr_nrltw5a7Nc1qft31ko1_1280.png

Posted

So here's the thing. I love food. I love growing veggies and gardening, I ferment things and age things, I even started making cheese at home for goodness sake. After you make sauerkraut, pickles, or cheese for the first time, you quickly learn to not be grossed out by anything. Continuing, I love most types of plants. Arugula is the only leafy thing I have a hard time with, and that's simply because I prefer spinach. Give me weird, exotic foods, give me bizarre looking plants or strange meats, give me things prepared any which way, and I'll probably find something to like.

But I absolutely cannot stand cilantro. It makes me want to vomit and die. It has such a strong flavor, a disgustingly clean kind of spice, that it overwhelms everything else in the dish for me and kills any appetite I'd previously had. I'm pretty sure cilantro is 100% of my problem with most Mexican dishes. And being from central Texas, I can't escape it. Everyone else loves cilantro! They think it's the spice of the Lord, sent to deliver us from culinary boredom. My friends put it in everything. I knew a guy who put it in his rub for smoked brisket and I nearly committed murder over the sacrilege. I'd eat a ghost chili before I'd voluntarily use cilantro in a dish.

Also, okra has about the worst texture imaginable. When you boil it, the water turns the consistency of mucus. But fried okra is delicious, so there's that.

Knuckle and SilverAlchemic like this