A Song of Ice and Werewolves (GoT)

448 posts in this topic

Posted

ughhhh can we make this go faster I just want to leave and get one of those hot babes this series is full of

Necro I've never  read the books but I do know historically people kill their relatives all the time to claim a throne soooooo that kind of makes me put an FOS on you know since you're a Lannister and Joffrey is like, part Lannister or something.

Posted (edited)

Okay, I'll make a few disclaimers.

60 second Lannister Lore:

-Cersei has sex with her twin Brother Jaime, while married to the current king, Robert Baratheon.

-Cersei has a son named Joffrey, and Jaime is the father.

-She pretends Joffrey is King Robert's son.

-King Robert dies, and Joffrey becomes King. Joffrey is still a boy, and defers most important decisions to Tywin Lannister, his grandfather, and head of house Lannister.

This is the basic plot of the first season of game of thrones. Other things that are common knowledge to most people who watch the series/ read the books:

-Houses are always quarreling and looking to overthrow one another

-Lannister house is pretty much in power, and universally hated.

-Traitors are everywhere, and backstabbing happens on a regular basis.

And that's about it as far as what you need to know, for those not too familiar with the series.

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)

Posted

Honestly I am not sure how to approach a lot of this. Day 1 is always just awkward because nothing has happened quite yet

Posted

yeah its true and i always feel like a dick for lynching someone before anything happens in game

I vote to protect Cirt because she is a precious cinnamon roll who did nothing wrong

Cirt likes this

Posted

yeah its true and i always feel like a dick for lynching someone before anything happens in game

I vote to protect Cirt because she is a precious cinnamon roll who did nothing wrong

Has no effect. Blue votes must be for CHARACTER roles. Cirt is a PLAYER name.

Posted

I'm going to get the ball rolling on a vote for 2 reasons:

1. playing it safe makes werewolf boring and kills the game.

2. being super aggressive last game was the most fun I've had in one of these things since GM-ing Yume Nikki Werewolf.

So yeah, I'm just gonna vote for Necropolis because he's a Lannister and requesting that we role-claim could possibly be a way to gather information that would help the wolves kill us more efficiently.

Posted

We must protect Tyrion Lannister, for he is a precious cinnamon roll who did nothing wrong.

Also, who is Guy Targaryen? Just generic placeholder?

T1g likes this

Posted

Current Polls:

Ammonsa - 1 (LL)

Necropolis -1 (Knuckle)

Tyrion Lannister (Ammonsa)

Posted

Now hold on a moment. I was just extrapolating Linox's idea, which I happen to think is a good one. After all, we aren't role, or even character claiming. Just partial character claiming. A small act of unity. If anything, Knuckle, your extreme reticence to this idea is more suspicious to me.

Posted

Claiming in this game seems a lot more risky than previous games. Roles will be fairly well tied to their character. Like Lord Varys could easily be a seer. There are sensitive roles to protect. Claiming on day 1 is a good start, but in this game I don't think it's advisable.

Being either for or against claiming can be seen as suspicious, I suppose. By 'partial claiming', what are you proposing? What would a non family character like Varys or Littlefinger say? Maybe if we divided the roles into 2 halves, and each person claimed which half they were from? That way we can potentially put pressure on the three mystery roles?

Edit

Well actually maybe not so much pressure, since there are 15 roles. Maybe split it in 3 sets of 5.

Varys (although he's a potential conspirator, I'm betting he's town, or indy)

Posted

Ok, how about we divide it like so:

Lannisters: Necropolis

Tyrion Lannister

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Tywin Lannister

Northerners + Baratheon: Ammonsa

Jon Snow

Roose Bolton

?????

Stannis Baratheon

Riverlords:

Edmure Tully

Walder Frey

?????

Unaffiliated/Misc:
Lord Varys
Petyr Baelish
Guy Targaryen
?????

The 3 mystery characters are also in 3 different categories.

At least this way you can claim a certain category without giving away potential powers.

Posted

The mystery characters can puzzle out how to not trip over each other and blow their cover I guess. I'm a Lannister.

I'm with Knuckle in not playing it safe, so I'll risk this much for now. I'll stand up for necro though, since he's supposedly a lannister and a conspiracy against the crown wouldn't serve the house.

Ill vote for Knuckle. I like the idea of playing less carefully.

Posted (edited)

Current Polls:

Ammonsa - 1 (LL)

Necropolis -1 (Knuckle)

Knuckle -1 (Werewolf)

Tyrion Lannister (Ammonsa)

Lord Varys (Werewolf)

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)

Posted

I will also vote to protect Tyrion Lannister

Posted

I will also vote to protect Lord Varys if only because my role mentions him specifically. I will also change my vote to Knuckle so we can lynch someone. 

Anyone who doesn't vote on Day 1 is just fat that's going to be trimmed very soon. Inactivity and hesitation helps wolves so you're if we have to kill town to find wolves, then I want to start with the people who don't vote Day 1.

We all know the drill and that Day 1 lynches suck, but are necessary. This is town's "turn" so let's not skip it.