A Song of Ice and Werewolves (GoT)

448 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmm. Okay. So I've been thinking a bit and I think I'm going to make my first vote all game (lol).

Linox and Teto seem most suspicious to me. Linox, being a townie, with a kill ability, is pretty weird as far as I know, and the NPC thing just seems suspicious because to everyone else, they're useless. We can only go by what he says he found out from them. Me, I don't deal with NPCs, they seem like a big distraction from the meat of the game. Whatever they've said to me is completely irrelevant to everything that's happened. It just seems like a wolfy distraction.

Teto being suspicious for the obvious Jaime the NPC/Jaime the player confusion. I can't make heads or tails of it because Jaime the NPC tells me nonsense but Jaime should seem like a player character. It's all very weird.

As someone pointed out earlier, I can't prove that I'm independent. I've tried to stay out of the limelight to avoid being a wolf target or a townie suspect. I will say that Littlefinger, in the series, usually has motives that are separate from everyone else but has to mingle with everyone in order to get where he wants to be (this is a general thing). But anyway, I can redirect, and I recognize that Town has the power at the moment so townies, whatever you want from me during the night phase, I'll try my best to make it happen though it's not really much other than mingling.

Right, a vote. I've only been able to be confirmed to do anything via NPCs, but Teto's wrong that I'm aligned with Linox. I feel like it's just wolfy, as if he's trying to get me to side with him when he's the only person that can legitimize my receiving of the NPCs, but also suspecting me? I've been trying to sit neutral this whole time and I'm not gonna let that ruin my rep here. Does that even make sense? And the kill ability really doesn't sit right with me. 

So, Linox.

Posted

Alright then, so if I vote for Linox, I get put down by 20%? Because I'm about ready to make a decision, if that's the case.

Posted

Okay then, well I guess that's incentive enough for me to cast my vote, for reasons I think I've well ironed out.

Linox

Posted

Well, I guess it's up to me to hammer it in. I hope we're right about this one.

Linox

I'm worried I might be killed tonight since I'm fairly active so at least i probably get to have revenge on a Lannister for the death of Elia

Posted

A lynch has been reached. Linox, you have THREE HOURS to try to convince the town that they should remove those votes from you, before the vote locks.

Posted

Am I supposed to vote for someone to take my lynch risk down?

Pheo.

Anyways, I have to say I really, honestly don't know who to vote for anymore. Linox and Teto both seem suspicious to me like I said, but I really, really don't know who to suspect. I feel awful. Even if the town manage to succeed in this and survive to the end, I still feel like I've lost this game. :(

Posted (edited)

END OF DAY 5

Teto had only devoted about half his attention to the council meetings. The other half of his attention had been comitted to whispering to his sister Cersei, jesting with Littlefinger, testing his wits with Tyrion, or casting his execution votes on whims. Throughout the proceedings, he always wore a lazy smirk, as if he felt that the entire proceedings were being held for his amusement.

But today was different. He seemed focused and driven, and had spent the entire meeting relentlessly pushing for the execution of his council rival, Linox. To Linox's dismay, the council was following suit.

You cannot be serious.” Linox said in disbelief. “Me, try to assassinate the King, my own grandson? And you believe this, you fools? I was the one that called for this damn audience!”

We all know that you murdered those council members, you damn Lannister!” Knuckle yelled from across the room.

The stare Linox returned Knuckle was icy enough to freeze one of the torch flames illuminating the chamber.

You all seem to be under the impression that today's council decision would follow a democratic process,” Linox scoffed. “but I regret to inform you that I am still in charge of the entire royal guard, and as such, this is not the case.”

Like hell!” boomed Knuckle. Before anyone could react, he launched himself at Linox. Linox froze in shock, not even trying to defend himself as the warrior sprinted towards him like a charging bull. "This is for my sister, Elia!" Knuckle yelled, and he buried his sword deep into Linox's chest. Satisfied with his work, he turned to face Teto, as Linox's lifeless body fell to the floor.

You, Jaime Lannister! I love killing Lannisters. You die next,” he said, as he began to walk slowly towards Teto's seat.

Teto's smirk faded. He closed his eyes, and took a deep a breath, placing his head in his hands. As he did so, his shoulders began to shake and spasm. Knuckle looked at Teto in confusion. He suddenly realized that Teto was shaking with laughter. Teto lifted his head from his hands, wiping tears of mirth from his eyes. Composing himself, he met Knuckle with a vacant, delirious gaze.

Knuckle, you foolish man, if you try to kill me, then you have to failed to realize the greatest advantage about being Jaime Lannister.”

Knuckle raised his eyebrows, and Teto continued. The pitch of his voice had raised in a way that made him sound slightly feverish.

You see my lord, I can't be killed, because I am already dead.

As he said the word dead, a hooded council member from across the room dropped to the ground. Teto smiled through a pair of pale blue lips. Pheo rushed over to aid the fallen stranger. Several other council members rose from their seats in confusion, but Teto continued to speak, his voice starting to rise.

For what is dead, can never die,”

The torch flames flickered. At this, the council members noticed that the shadows from the light were beginning to dance across the walls of the circular chamber in a peculiar fashion. They looked roughly like human shadows, each one matching a council member, except that the limbs looked abnormally long, and thin as paper. Perhaps it was a trick from the light, but they seemed to moving, even though most council members sat frozen in their seats.

But rises again, Harder, And STRONGER.”

Pheo crouched down and removed the hood of the fallen council member. The unmistakable face of Jaime Lannister fell out of the hood of the cloak, lifeless and grey. Pheo looked back at Teto in shock. Teto now sounded completely mad.

For I am the first storm,”

The shadows began to grow larger and darker, growing so large that they threatened to envelop the entire wall of the room. The torches in the chamber began to extinguish in unison as the shadows eclipsed them, slowly swallowing each council member into darkness.

The first storm, and the last.”

The last thing that could be seen in the hall was Teto's maniacle smile. His right eye had turned completely black, while his left had turned bright blue, shining like a beacon through the growing void of darkness. The flame of the last torch died, and the chamber went black.

All was silent for one, horrific moment, and then one could here the sound of a sword being drawn from its sheath. There was an audible swish, and a barrage of screams and panicked yells erupted from the silence.

KILL HIM! KILL TETO!” a panicked voice screamed.

More screams. Footsteps. The squeak of boots on marble. A clang of steel on steel. A spark of light from the clash illuminated the room for a brief second, to show that the shadows were now swirling about the hall like frenzied demons.

DO NOT LET HIM LEAVE THIS CHAMBER ALIVE! PROTECT YOUR KING!” another voice boomed.

I AM THE KING'S PROTECTION! COME JOFFREY, YOUR KINGSGUARD HAS ARRIVED.”

In the chaos, strange cries began to sound from within the hall. They sounded like strangled moans of agony, coming from an abomination that was part human and part beast.

One shrill scream of pain knifed through the caucophony like the wail of a banshee. And then, as suddenly as it hard started, the nightmare ceased, and all was quiet.

Panting, Pheo burst out of the room, and light washed over his face. To his relief, he turned to see his council ally, Cirt, waiting for him outside the door.

Thank god Cirt, you made it out alive!” he gasped. “We have to head to the throne room immediately. If we hurry, we can save the King before Teto gets to him!”

Cirt gave Pheo a pitying smile. In his haste, he had failed to notice that she was holding a crossbow, which was now trained on him.

You know nothing, Jon Snow,” she said mockingly, as she pulled the trigger and let the bolt fly. It dug itself deep into Pheo's chest, and he toppled to the floor.

Pheo looked up at Cirt, his eyes widened in disbelief. “Why?” Pheo managed to mouth with his dying breath.

Cirt bent down to lower herself down to Pheo's level.

Why, you ask? I'll tell you why, you poor, sweet fool. You must always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next.” She pushed another bolt into her crossbow. “Now, if you will excuse me my lord, I have an urgent matter to attend with the King.”

Cirt opened the council chamber door. Teto, now the only man alive in the chamber, exited the room wearing a wolfish smile. Together, Petyr Baelish, the Redirector (Werewolf), and Euron Greyjoy, the Roleblocker (Werewolf), made their way towards the Iron Throne, just as they had planned many moons ago.

Congratulations Werewolves, you have seized the Iron Throne!

Better luck next time Town! When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die.

GAME OVER!

Linox was Tywin Lannister (Town/Independent), NPC Influencer and Vigilante, lynched on day 5. He nearly killed Euron Greyjoy on Night 4, but changed his mind at the last second. The next day, he was unable to gain enough support to lead a lynch on Teto.

Knuckle was Oberyn Martell (Town), Lynch Survivor, and he was slain by Euron in the council chamber. He died doing what he loved, killing Lannisters.

Pheo was Jon Snow (Town), Town Protector, and he died at the hand of Cirt. He will be remembered for leading a successful lynch on the man that cared for and raised him as boy, Eddard Stark, and calling Tyrion Lannister a Queef Chief in court.

Brodongo was Khal Drogo (Independent), Game Manager, and he remains alive and well, commanding a khalasar of 40,000 riders. He plans on confronting Teto and Cirt once he teaches his horses how to cross the poison water. It is known.

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)
Teto likes this

Posted

Heh heh heh heh

it was a good game, guys. seriously some really good laughs we got in here. Bro, thanks for your hard work with the whole game! 

Posted

How the heck did you guys not kill me like 2 days ago? Wild. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Posted

I knew I shouldn't have focused on trying to kill all the Lannisters :sadlink:

Teto likes this

Posted (edited)

So did you have an unlockable ability related to killing Lannisters or something? Or were you just faithful to your role?

Edited by Werewolf (see edit history)

Posted

Role faithfulness. I figured if I were sent to avenge my sister by bringing justice to the Lannisters I should probably be trying to kill at least a few of them. Too bad there wasn't a single Lanniser wolf :X

Teto likes this

Posted (edited)

Win or Lose, thank you all for playing! Overall i thought there was a lot of player activity and discussion which seemed to make the game more engaging for everyone. 

Special shout out to Pheo for entering the game as a sub one day phase late and heading a lot of the discussion, which made the game more enjoyable for both sides. Sorry it didn't work out better for you bro. 

I plan on doing a little game summary write up and posting roles, either tonight or this weekend if I don't have time. 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

My biggest point of luck in this game, besides everybody being unwilling to agree to lynch me, was that Pheo targetted Linox on Night 4. On that night I straight up blocked Pheo, and then the next day I unwittingly said "Uhhh, I guarded Linox last night", forgetting that would make Pheo's blocking seem inconsistent. But by sheer dumb luck, Pheo happened to target Linox anyway. Who knew. 

Also the fact that I was jailed on the one night where no kill happened, because I was trying to kill Pheo that night. And when day phase rolled around I said stuff like "nobody died, and therefore I didn't kill anyone, because if I did kill someone, someone would be dead". Like that's surely just talking in circles. I said nothing, and somehow it flew? Knuckle must have been scandalous that nobody raised an eye to that behaviour. How did I get away with that? I threw caution to the wind because I figured I was going to die anyway. But nobody made the call to lynch me proper.

And yeah, I was a straight up role blocker. I figured guarding would make sense, and I was never really specific about how that role worked. Like "I guard people", what does that even mean? I made it up as I went along. Brodongo gave me an achievement for telling a bare-faced lie at the beginning. I should have had a lot of those if they stacked. 

I didn't lie about not knowing who had claimed what though. That was honest. As well as my mind numbing fatigue, although I did ham it up a little for sympathy.

Role faithfulness. I figured if I were sent to avenge my sister by bringing justice to the Lannisters I should probably be trying to kill at least a few of them. Too bad there wasn't a single Lanniser wolf :X

Posted (edited)

Teto had so many close shaves that it was unbelievable. LL tried to id-seer him night 1, and if he hadn't been killed, then he would have seen Teto's true identity, Euron Greyjoy, AFTER he claimed to be a Lannister. 

Day 2, he seemed like the most likely  lynch candidate but the town couldn't rally together any kind of vote. 

Day 4, Linox basically had put the pieces together and had Teto cornered for lying about his character claim, but his admission of trying to kill T1G seemed to damage his credibility, which is why I assumed T1G passed on hammering Teto. 

Night 4 was hilarious. Linox was not lying about being the id-killer, and he actually sent me the command:

Kill teto, id=euron greyjoy. 

Five minutes later he changed his mind, and sent jaime to visit Cirt, to make sure that jaime was truly an npc. 

Then on Day 5, all three townies had voted for Teto at one point, but never in unison. Cirt and Teto finally blitzed the vote last night, presumably while Linox was sleeping, and secured their victory.