Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Unofficial SERIOUS Eats Thread

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm making this really neato mosquito thread because I goddamn love food and so do you, and if you say you don't you are a liar.

So just talk about food you like, good food you've eaten today, hell do a five page review of a food you've eaten!

Just talk about food! Be hungry!

Knuckle and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Do you eat them with milk? I've always had a problem eating them all before they get all gross and soggy so if I eat em, I eat em dry.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I actually kinda like them soggy. I never had a problem with my cereal getting soaked or anything. Maybe I just like the milk afterwards? I dunno.

Posted

my breakfast today was lovely:

1 cup of coffee - caribou coffee k-cup with a little bit of hazelnut coffee cream

1 bagel - cinnamon and raisin bagel thin with whipped cream cheese topped with sliced strawberries

pheonix561 and なべ like this

Posted

I'm eating this like, strawberry rhubarb pie that I ended up buying from the store, and I can't stress enough how much inferior these store-bought pies are compared to homemade. Like it tastes like strawberry rhubarb, but it's so damn dry. The crust is also not very tasty. I usually sugar the crust a bit when making my own strawberry rhubarb.

なべ likes this

Posted

my breakfast today was lovely:

1 cup of coffee - caribou coffee k-cup with a little bit of hazelnut coffee cream

1 bagel - cinnamon and raisin bagel thin with whipped cream cheese topped with sliced strawberries

I'm eating this like, strawberry rhubarb pie that I ended up buying from the store, and I can't stress enough how much inferior these store-bought pies are compared to homemade. Like it tastes like strawberry rhubarb, but it's so damn dry. The crust is also not very tasty. I usually sugar the crust a bit when making my own strawberry rhubarb.

+1

Posted

I don't know how fond I am of peach pie. The peaches are never soft enough and it bothers me.

Posted

Personall I'd rather they be a bit firm. Otherwise they get a bit mushy

Posted

My sweet spot is between firm and mushy. If it's too crunchy it  just feels wrong to me.

Also, who wants to discuss frozen dinners (Banquet, Kid Cuisine or however it's spelled)

Posted

Banquet's not bad

Marie Calendar OP

Micheliena or whatever is shit tier

Posted

I recently had a pan of a little thing called garlic pull-apart bread. It's just bread in a pie pan that's been cooked with garlic butter and shiz. It's so goddamn delicious, and that cooked garlic smell is divine. It's some good shit.

Posted

I recently had a pan of a little thing called garlic pull-apart bread. It's just bread in a pie pan that's been cooked with garlic butter and shiz. It's so goddamn delicious, and that cooked garlic smell is divine. It's some good shit.

There's a city in California called Gilroy which is well known for the garlic it produces. You drive by it on 101 north (or south) and whenever you pass it you can smell the garlic and it smells so good. So so so good.