What song(s) are you listening to at the moment?

3941 posts in this topic

Posted

Trying random Death Grips tracks, recognised this one from Bojack Horseman. Pleasant surprise.

Someone join me in this thread.

Pizzza likes this

Posted

Thats a good one. Their videos only make sense when youre tripping. It's like they've tripped so much that they just know what works visually when in that state of being. Exmilitary and Money Store are my favorite albums from them. Though I havent listened to all of Jenny Death, even though I have it. I like about half of what ive heard from it though. When did you get into Death Grips?

Posted

I don't really like Death Grips, but they've had my lasting curiosity for a while now, and I keep going back whenever there's fresh buzz around them in the music nerd sphere.

When Exmilitary came out I listened to that and thought it was okay. I don't like most of Exmilitary. When I listen to any, it's the top tracks, and I only listen to them because it's some of the little of Death Grips material that I can enjoy to some degree. 

I listened to Niggas on the Moon on the walk home today and liked none of it. I haven't listened to The Money Store but what songs I've tried I didn't like.I've only heard No Love from No Love Deep Web.

I really only like Inanimate Sensation and No Love at the moment, and No Love isn't even that great all the way through. And I don't enjoy Inanimate Sensation enough anymore to listen to all 6 minutes.

I can't really pay attention to lyrics, and sometimes the experimentation is kind of boring. Kind of like when you have an artistic block and you just scribble erratically on the page to no avail. The sounds mostly don't interest me, so the mash of noise is just a pain. Plus, MC Ride's intensity is only entertaining for so long, when you're not actually interested in what he's saying.

Maybe I'm so decisive about how I feel right now is because I'm kind of grouchy lately, but I think it's true to say that my affection for Death Grips is based almost exclusively on morbid curiosity over legitimate enjoyment.

Posted

I'm being harsh, I dunno. I'll keep listening to Death Grips, but I'm not a huge fan.

Anyway, Books (ty LL)

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

No like a few of the Death Grips albums are purposely awful. Its okay if you dont like them they were puppying with people 100% for 2 or 3 albums. Otherwise they are puppying with people like 75%.

Teto likes this

Posted

Further proof that Danny can sing about anything and it will sound amazing

Posted

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS SONG

Posted

Never actually seent the video for this song. Omg it's so great.

Also, I mean, these dudes are gods hands down

Posted

I've been listening to Red vs. Blue soundtrack since i watched a bunch of older seasons in prep for the new one

Posted

I have been buying a lot of songs from Rooster Teeth lately. My rule nowadays seems to be, if I listened to the song on repeat like 10 times on Youtube, then I should just buy the damn song and support the content creators already

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Nowadays I'm the same, since I'm finally slowly starting to get reliable income. I spent like $5 on spiral knights a few weeks ago so I could get the materials I needed for an armor upgrade instead of spending like twelve hours of gameplay to hopefully maybe get them. Now that I'm easing my way into the development side of video games I'm suddenly very aware that micro transactions are actually a very sensible and healthy substitute for the current way game studios make money, so I'm much more willing to pitch in when a developer I like asks me to, instead of turning up my nose at the studio who gave me their game for free when they suddenly asks me to pay them five dollars.

Posted

Oh god i would take microtransactions over preorder/deluxe edition exclusive, overpriced DLC culture any day of the week

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Yeah, I'm planning on giving money to Fable 4 when it comes out, if it's good. I'd really like to start seeing freemium model triple A games out there, and a lot of them will start being made pending that game's success.

Posted

lyrics.png

xkcd is still great btw

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Ratatat are back & I'm hyped