What song(s) are you listening to at the moment?

3941 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah I was going to mention that htis was clearly the appropriate thread to post in but i thought that was too obvious

Posted

Posted

The way the heart was situated on the left girl's face, I thought she was a Panda girl.

Just thought I should let you know that.

little did they know that that character with the heart on her face in fact IS a panda girl

Necropolis likes this

Posted

I have that Panda instinct

Teto likes this

Posted

wGuTgCj.png

No one should be surprised that a cartoon dog's seal of approval would get me listening to ska. I feel like I'm playing Tony Hawk's again.

Why does this song make me feel sad.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

It's a bit of a melancholy song, at least with what I get out of it. He's happy that he hasn't experienced heavy hardships, and never had to pray or wish for luck or whatever. But he's lamenting the fact that his friends were in bad situations, and is sad that they had to face it. He also thinks he might be a coward for being afraid not of being in a bad spot, but of what he might find out about himself if he does land in a bad spot.

At least, that's the impression that I get.

What I mean to say is I love this song.

Teto likes this

Posted

Is that the impression that I get though? Yeah, it's a good one. Going back to this 90s ska-punk feels a little silly, but it feels good to accept this music, rather than to turn my nose up at it.

Posted

Blue Oyster Cult is the best. Can you think of any other band that would have a song called Veteran of the Psychic wars?

And thats actually what the song's about, its not like a weird misnomer or anything

Posted

classic

Posted

It's a bit of a melancholy song, at least with what I get out of it. He's happy that he hasn't experienced heavy hardships, and never had to pray or wish for luck or whatever. But he's lamenting the fact that his friends were in bad situations, and is sad that they had to face it. He also thinks he might be a coward for being afraid not of being in a bad spot, but of what he might find out about himself if he does land in a bad spot.

At least, that's the impression that I get.

What I mean to say is I love this song.

I'm still loving this song. I'm gonna spend some time listening to TMMB and other third wave ska bands, like Reel Big Fish and stuff. Then I might go back to 2 Tone ska, and whatever other waves, and then reggae, etc etc. The more genres I explore, the more interested I am in the evolution of music.

The subject The Impression That I Get is nice and clear. I forgot how straightforward lyrics can be while listening to acts which purposefully shroud the meaning in riddles and vague references, to add a layer of mystery to their songs. Vague lyrics make more sense when they allow for a greater scope of interpretations, but sometimes they just make it difficult to solve the puzzle instead. I like solving the puzzles, but at least there's always stuff which gives it to you straight. I can appreciate the simple way this song delivers it's message, and it's a good one.

I think it's pretty natural of people who've experienced little real tragedy in their lives, to want to have a taste. To feel that they've been challenged, and to feel that they deserve the respect of others because of it. It seems selfish and ignorant to envy the unfortunate, but people want to have that journey of self discovery. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Posted

My friends are going to a Die Antwoord concert tonight, so we were listening to them a bit this weekend. This beat is dank af 1000% can't stop?

But as I'm listening to it, its coming across as very transphobic. It's very difficult for me to understand some of their language, due to their thick South African accent and vernacular, but the later half of the song sounds like he's ridiculing transitioning-- "Look in the mirror, you can see it's you // You got two nice boobs and a penis too" and other lines. But then i looked up the lyrics in full and lol no he's just describing genital mutilation as part this intense af night of beyond kinky sex.

But yeah this song is too fresh i can't even?

Posted

T1g likes this

Posted

I know this song is an unholy fusion of genres that were never meant to meet, but I can't stop listening. Diablo Swing Orchestra is too powerful...

Posted

pheonix561 likes this