Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure [Spoilers]

28 posts in this topic

Posted

By request, this thread is for people who want to talk about all things Jojo without worrying about the fact that not everyone has realized how great Diego Brando is

I am currently caught up with part 8 of the manga, and a lot of my friends have started reading through parts 4 through 7 since Stardust Crusaders ended, so its great being able to talk about that with people. Necro, Zako, and Pheo have all read part 4, and part 5 too

My favorite part is Part 7, Steel Ball Run. I recommend you read it because its wonderful.

Posted

My favorite part is 4 so far. Favorite character from 4 is probably Okuyasu. The Hand is suprisingly powerful with the right application

Posted

I liked part 4 a lot, but part 3's gotta be my fave (because it was animated mainly). I've read up to part 5 but part 5 is so goddamn boring i cant even read past it.

Posted

The last part I've read was 5. Vento Aureo is pretty flawed, but I wouldn't call it remotely boring. It takes a bit to get started, but once the main plot gets going the action absolutely refuses to stop and there is so little down time. I actually wish it had one or two less Stand battles and just some fun screwing around misadventures not unlike part 4. I did like part 5 by the end though, even if it had major problems. The fight against the users of Beach Boys and Grateful Dead is one of my favorites in all of Jojo.

I'd say part 4 is also my favorite so far, but I also have a super soft spot for Battle Tendency.

T1g likes this

Posted

I'm actually glad to hear that. I've been stuck slogging through part 5 for a while now, I only just got to the point where they're looking for treasure on a boat or something.

Actually, if this is a jojo spoilers thread, then I really shouldn't be in here, haha. I completely skipped over everyone's post except for Zako's to post this. I'm a wild man.

Posted

Not only was Steven Universe comic vol 1 released on my birthday (July 28th) but apparently so was season 1 of JoJo on DVD (unfortunately not on Blu-Ray though).

91MOs1LMV5L._SY606_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X5UIUEU/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p74_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1CGZB3VM39GAEPQX75S4&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

It contains all of season 1. 26 episodes I think it was? The first two parts combined, for sure. We can reasonably expect season 2 to contain the first 25ish episodes of Stardust Crusaders, with season 3 being the next 25ish episodes, i.e. Stardust Crusaders: Battle in Egypt. 

This came as a huge surprise to me, as I heard getting rights to anything JoJo is almost impossible due to all the IP infringement featured very prominently throughout the story. You know, every other character's name or power being based on various western musicians, albums, songs and lyrics, as well as all the art the author referenced in the original comic, which a lot of people find questionable (personally, I'm judging his "references" on a case-by-case bases. But that's for another post lol). Not to mention how some Muslims have found parts of the story to be more than problematic (i.e. the scene where Dio is [accidentally] reading from the Quran, and the fight scene(s) in which the characters fight over and destroy mosques) which I don't blame them for. The combination of those two offenses, whatever the intention was, is still kinda a big deal here, in America 2015. Basically, it's just a cluster puppy, especially when trying to pander to the current fan base while using other resources to make it appealing to a new, larger, more general audience. Keep in mind that the original series was a commercial failure. But this is a new generation so it should be a pretty clean slate in my opinion. I'm really okay with them using the name spellings featured on Crunchyroll, which i'm pretty sure Warner Home Video collaborated with to promote the show in America. It kinda sucks that the music references get a bit watered down (though I really thought Esidisi was a great cover for A.C.D.C lol) but most of these references don't mean anything to the new target audience, which is even younger than we are! Like, if my dad wasn't always listening to old psyche/progressive rock and classic metal all the time, I probably wouldn't even notice most of these haha. However, It was part of why i found the series appealing at first, kinda a bit of nostalgia mixed with a more mature and slightly less ignorant taste in music, as opposed to when I was young and couldn't appreciate what my dad was playing on the radio. Haha what was I talking about? Oh yeah its great to know this is being dubbed! I heard that they premiered the English dub of the first 3 episodes of Stardust Crusaders at an anime convention a few years ago, but I hadn't heard anything about it again until recently. Those 3 episodes can now be found online too! But I'm glad they are starting with the first season, so hopefully it'll become popular enough to warrant a Blu-ray release of season 2+! 

PS- I hope there is a feature where only the text is subtitled, but the voices are still dubbed. I absolutely ADORE

"M M M M E E E N N N N A A A C C C c i i i n n n n g g g g . . . .   "

T1g likes this

Posted

I think Araki either chose or approved all the name changes

Posted

Yeah he did

Posted

that's cool. A shame that he  had to change them at all though. but i completely understand why

Posted

The weird thing was how Polnareff had to be changed to Eiffel for All Star Batlte. it is the only time that they have had trouble getting Polnareff's name, and it is only in All Star Battle. Heritage and both Anime got it as Polnareff

Posted

Yeah, that felt like an over reaction...

Posted

What is Polnareff a reference to?

tumblr_nsw3l7ZzQI1qft31ko1_540.jpg

This is my Stand, No Love Deep Web. He can summon swords from his mouth and his tail is a venomous snake so watch out I guess lol

Posted

We were going to run a Jojo tabletop rpg at one point and my stand was going to have LEGO powers. Can't remember how they worked but they were LEGO POWERS

Pizzza likes this

Posted

Sounds cool! Like that guy from Shaman King--

latest?cb=20140504200314&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20110628173522&path-prefix=en

He like, put the ghosts of rats into individual Lego blocks which allowed him to control, assemble, and reassemble them at will.

That wouldn't work well Jojoverse, but your stand still sounds really cool! Maybe I'll sketch some ideas for you tonight.

Posted (edited)

By all means go right ahead. I always imagined it with a top hat but that was just because my character was a Zeppeli (remember that Caesar had several younger brothers and sisters so this isn't that big of a stretch)

Edited by T1g (see edit history)