Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pheo hell

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry for allowing myself to reply entirely emotionally. Even when I was trying to reign in my feelings, I was still trying to tear you down. But that's just grief. For the sake of everyone here, I'm sorry I made you feel/look like an ass. Just so everyone is on the same page. You were replying to a certain view, and your reply is fair.

pheonix561, Pizzza, T1g and 1 other like this

Posted

i appreciate and accept your apology. i dont think anything more needs to be said about this in this thread.

Cascade, LLmao ?✊? and Teto like this

Posted (edited)

@Teto, there are sensory deprivation chambers where I live. I wanna go to one. It's like $70 :(

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

I'm embarrassed by my rant lmao.

@LL I was really intrigued by the book The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K Le Guin which is set mainly in an unlit underground labyrinth that, due to it's sacred history, has remained in absolute darkness for untold time. It struck me that this is the kind of movie book that would be impossible to adapt for the screen effectively, and it's definitely a story which only really works in writing. But it did get me wondering how you would go about trying to animate it at least. I think it'd be an interesting experience to go to some dark cairn, which I could probably find in Scotland, and hang out for a few hours. Somewhere very old, very dark, and made of stone.

I come up with these ideas for art-related outings, but they're all things which I feel may be better left to when I feel more competent. The only one that I feel I could do and properly make use of the experience is my idea to go to IKEA for a whole day and draw a load of their display models.

I don't know how common IKEA is for you, but theyre just these very large sprawling furniture stores which take a couple hours to have a proper look through.

Posted

That'd be fun, especially if there were no people in the IKEA.

The coolest place I've gotten to hang out was this abandoned hospital in this creepy, tiny backwoods town. It also has this giant red brick hotel in the center of the town that's abandoned. It used to be a big deal but it died when the town stopped having visitors because the adjacent military base shut down. (The hospital is on the base). I'm jealous of Scotland's castles :c

Posted

There is an IKEA a few hours away from here, but they also announced to build one at the Mall area that I usually go to (over the other malls nearby. Central Ohio has a lot of malls lol)

It'd be neat to draw in, yeah. But i think it'd be even better with other people there. It would encourage breaks between furniture drawing to practice, what are those called? like quick sketches of people, as they walk by. I remember in the few art classes I took, they'd have a model pose for about two mins before reposing. Contours? I think they were called contour drawing? But yeah the passer bys might be fun to sketch super quickly too!