Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) coming to NA/EU in January!

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just found out about this game today, as the news on it's Western release was recently announced lol. I'm hoping it's everything I was wanting/expecting Fantasy Life to be. So far it looks that way! And with a combat system that looks super fun, like a more accessible Monster Hunter, kinda.

Quote from Wikipedia

Final Fantasy Explorers is an action role-playing video game featuring single-player and multiplayer modes. The player starts the game on an island featuring various locations, but can access other areas beyond the island on foot. The main aim of the player is to collect crystals scattered across the world. Unlike other narrative-driven entries in the Final Fantasy series, Explorers follows a quest-driven structure similar to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Capcom's Monster Hunter series. Quest difficulty can be manually adjusted. Unlike previous entries in the series, chocobos, a recurring galliforme bird in the series, will not be available for riding. Player characters engage in fights with classic Final Fantasy enemies and summons including Ifrit and Bahamut.

There are eight character slots available, with monsters defeated in battle assigned to four of them. Characters are assigned character jobs as with early Final Fantasytitles, including the White Mage, Black Mage, Monk, Paladin and Dragoon among others. Aside from these, there are also character jobs exclusive to the title. Players start the game as a Freelancer, able to adapt themselves to various skills before choosing specific jobs. There are over five hundred different pieces of equipment available for creation from material that is either found on the field or won in combat. The characters are given a maximum of eight skills to be used in battle, and can learn skills for certain jobs which can be used with other jobs when mastered. Using abilities costs a certain amount of magic points, but costs less if a character uses a skill linked to a specific job. Skills can also be cancelled in battle. For multiplayer matches, a maximum of four players can use both the Nintendo Network and conventional Wi-Fi to enter a playing session.

I'm super excited!

Edited by PizzaGirl 420 (see edit history)
Teto and Michael like this

Posted

I saw Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and I'm already on board. It's been too long since we've had that kind of game, and even if it's just a little like that, I want it.

Michael and Pizzza like this

Posted

At first the name made me think it was the one they announced at E3 with the bobble heads or whatever. This one looks a lot funner.