Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pirating: Your Onion

13 posts in this topic

Posted

This is rather simple, what is your onion on pirating games?

Posted

Like, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag? Not played it.

Pizzza likes this

Posted

I don't think I've ever pirated a game because I know it's pretty difficult for studios to get by as it is, and I typically frown upon it if it's something I can buy on my computer. I have no problem with pirating something like Pokemon Emerald for an emulator, or maybe a game that was exclusive to XBOX or something, and now both XBOX and the Game's studio aren't being made anymore, etc etc etc. The only game I'd ever conciously pirate that I could buy on a computer instead would be King's Quest, because that game was made with funds embezzled from Andrew Hussie. I don't care how you feel about homestuck, those guys are assholes.

SilverAlchemic, Knuckle and T1g like this

Posted

I personally only pirate games that companies or game studios no longer profit on, e.g. Pokemon Emerald. I'll also do games that don't hold much relevance any more, older games for PC and such.

Posted

Money is fake.

Pizzza likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't really pirate games, unless the occasional visual novel counts. Not game related but my piracy policy changes depending on what media we're talking about. I've plundered quite a lot of anime in my time, but it tends to be stuff that either has no official western release, or is extremely difficult to find. If there's a legal streaming option I rarely turn it down, as my Crunchyroll history will attest.

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)

Posted

the issue is that by the time i warmed up the crunchyroll I had seen pretty much everything it had to offer lol

Posted (edited)

Well, unless you mean literally watching every single thing on the website, that sounds like a matter of personal taste. I still have a lot of things on Crunchyroll I want to watch, including super long anime like Galaxy Express 999, Slam Dunk, and Fist of the North Star, so I won't be running out of things to watch legally for a long time. And in the mean time I'll continue to torrent whatever either isn't available legally, or whatever I don't want to wait a week to see in my entitled impatience.

Also part of the reason I haven't pirated many games is a lack of a decent gaming computer. That has changed however, so we'll have to wait and see if I change my kinda law-abiding ways...

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)

Posted

I only do this with older games that aren't being made anymore. If I can't buy it somewhere for a reasonable price, then I'll take this route.

Posted

Generally, I am very against pirating games except in cases of really old games on emulators and the like. The other scenario I find it acceptable is if a game has no demo and you pirate it to see if you like it and then buy the actual game. But I think I'm probably the only person that does that. : x

At the end of the day though, I always pay for games if possible. Same with anime and the like as well.

T1g and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

I did that with Long Live the Queen, actually

Posted

I've only actually pirated a couple of games, long time ago. I did so because I didn't have any money but really wanted to play the game. It was back when I didn't have a job, and now that I do have a job I've since bought the games even though I no longer play them.

I think if you like something, you should try to pay for it.

T1g likes this

Posted

That is 100% how I feel. When I have a job, I actually plan to go buy expensive anime blurays/dvds of all the anime i like.

this will bankrupt me