Followers 0

The Phantom Pain is a 10/10 Masterpiece

68 posts in this topic

Posted

*Quiet does literally anything*

tumblr_inline_nv6i4tCQeO1r9lzvo_540.png

DR SHRUBBERY! likes this

Posted

Quiet is the literal opposite of her name.

Constantly humming, running past me at blazing speeds, shooting the place up with her loud tranq rounds...gosh. She can be helpful when it all goes to shit, but damn. She usually causes it to go to shit in the first place. At least she has nice boobs.

D.D. on the other hand is so good. Marking anything and everything around me, stunning enemies, doesn't get spotted or alert; he's the best buddy by far. He's such a good boy. SUCH a good boy.

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

I played exclusively with Quiet for the entire story half of my play session. On the other half where I've just been revisiting missions to get S ranks and mission tasks, I've used D-Dog. And basically, everything you said applies to me. Except for loud bullets on Quiet, since I got the silenced tranq gun immediately. But D-Dog is just leagues above Quiet. It's crazy how good he is.

I hate doing mission tasks though, the ones that involve getting a specific or multiple conversations anyway... or just when the games poops and something doesn't spawn, which has happened twice now. I did a mission where a guy arrives in a chopper (not that one, the other one) and I had alerted the enemy before the chopper came into the area. The chopper proceeded to touch down at a random outpost instead of where it was going. The alert ended and its doors opened... and then it slowly moved towards its actual stop point 500m away. I arrived along with it and the chopper closed its doors and just hovered there. I thought maybe the guy I needed to extract for a mission task was at the outpost from before, but when I RPG'd the chopper, his body and a blueprint were lying there. I realize an alert should certainly mess with these sorts of things, but the guy in that helicopter is part of the mission itself, he's supposed to get out of that chopper after the alert is finished and he's at his destination.

The game is amazing and fantastic, but the amount of glitches I've been encountering is saddening and frustrating, especially for a Metal Gear game. I'm exaggerating a little because of the few missions I've had to restart out of the hundreds, but still.

Posted

D-Horse has a nice butt you guys are dumb

Knuckle likes this

Posted

DaDog is a wall hacking machine who can detect enemies anywhere so long as they are close by. He's incredibly overpowered, absolutely broken, needs to be nerfed, banned from tournaments.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

So the general consensus I'm seeing is:

The gameplay is absolutely unparalleled. There is no game that has ever topped this.

However, the story is nothing.

Posted

This isn't really a gripe about the game, but it's something I've noticed. The missions can be kind of dull because there's no talking. Snake barely talks in the whole game. That being said, his voice actor had grown on me. When listening to cassette tapes, it's sometimes hard for me to distinguish Miller from Ocelot from Big Boss. David Hayter's voice acting was recognizable and his inflections would go up and down. I'm not saying Keifer Sutherland is bad, but all three main characters all have the same tone of voice.

I miss how how stupid Big Boss was in Snake Eater. I mean it makes sense if you consider the spoiler. But yeah  

Posted

About Keifer Sutherland, I like him more than David Hayter as Big Boss, or at least for the Big Boss in this game. I just can't see David Hayter's voice working well with how Big Boss looks now. I think the reason Snake doesn't talk much is that they didn't take into account that Keifer Sutherland is not a David Hayter, but he is a famous actor and costs significantly more.

Posted

I have people who say "head canon" but in my head canon, I tell myself he doesn't talk as much because of the coma and spoiler stuff 

There are times when I feel like he hesitates to say stuff and second guesses himself. People also have to kind of remind him of things that he may or may not know. 

Posted

Here's this I guess

Posted

I havent actually seen or played this game other than basic knowledge of it

Isnt Quiet just a less awesome version of Yoko from Gurren Lagann?

Posted

probably

Posted

I mean at least Gurren Lagann is being honest with the fact that she dresses like that as fanservice, instead of it trying to be dressed up as a "she needs to breathe through her skin" thing.
 Also if that was the case she could easily wear shorts instead because currently her legs are completely covered up

Also Yoko keeps a pistol in her hair so yeah

Posted

And I heard Quiet also dresses that way because she was raped or whatever? I mean that's just, a ridiculous justification. Yoko dresses that way because who the hell cares, thats why.