Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Phantom Pain is a 10/10 Masterpiece

68 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it acceptable to say that she's just a slut?

Can that not be an explanation?

Posted

Quiet dresses that way because she breathes by photosynthesis. She's like a plant. If she wore more clothes she would die from suffocation. 

Also, yes, she is absolutely sexualized and I'm absolutely okay with it. She has nice boobs. That jiggle. 

DR SHRUBBERY! likes this

Posted

I feel like they kind of dropped the ball when they made her so sexualized. The fact that she can't talk kind of draws attention to it also lol. They could have made her average by MGS standards and she'd still be considered attractive. 

Posted

yeah i am pretty sure they just made her into the ideal woman for otaku. She just sits there being sexy and doesn't talk ever

and yeah I know about the breathing through her skin thing. But if that were the case, why cover up her legs? and why does she need so much skin showing? We don't have a wind pipe the size of our bodies, so naturally she shouldn't need so much skin showing to get the same effect. There are a lot of things wrong with it, when they clearly could have just pulled out the "clothes are restrictive" excuse and it would have felt way less scummy and pervy as it is right now

Wanna know who else had photosynthetic skin?

End_MGS3.jpg

I think this makes my point pretty nicely

Cascade likes this

Posted

Yeah, Quiet's outfit is just too much even for me.

Posted

And I heard Quiet also dresses that way because she was raped or whatever? I mean that's just, a ridiculous justification. Yoko dresses that way because who the hell cares, thats why.

Regardless of the current topic, Pheonix once again gets false information online. Classic.

I don't really care for the sexualization of Quiet. The only time I'm like "That's far enough" is when, in the chopper, during this one idle animation where she just gets up, looks at you, and then turns around and puts her butt practically in your face and waves it around for five or so seconds. I'm just like, please, let me assign my soldiers to dispatch missions in peace.

T1g likes this

Posted

Okay but couldn't she just, you know, wear clothes that breathe? I mean if I put a shirt over my head its not like I'm going to suffocate. Cloth isn't air tight. And sure maybe it might be a bit more difficult to breathe if it were conventional clothing, but why not just get something designed to be breathed through? I'm completely confident there exists fabrics which someone can put there mouth against and breath through and be fine. She's not even wearing underarmor, she's in fishnets and a bikini. It's putting sexualization in front of everything else.

I mean when you get characters like that fury guy who are weird and confusing, at least it's because they're weird and confusing for the sake of being weird and confusing. This isn't confusing at all, it's completely clear they were letting their boners do the drawing.

Cascade likes this

Posted

I don't really care for the sexualization of Quiet. The only time I'm like "That's far enough" is when, in the chopper, during this one idle animation where she just gets up, looks at you, and then turns around and puts her butt practically in your face and waves it around for five or so seconds. I'm just like, please, let me assign my soldiers to dispatch missions in peace.

Yeah, but gotta remember this is after you have quite a bit of bond with her. So she really, really likes you at this point and I think she's trying to be sexy. That little look back is funny and I laugh every time she does it lol. Like "Oh, is my butt in your face? Oopsie..." 

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Yeah, but, man, I just wanna listen to my cassettes, not look at the booty. The stretches are fine and some of the other animations are cute. I'm even fine with the rain cutscene, because that was cute in its own way, too.

But just putting her butt straight up in my face?? I dunno, man. She hasn't even told me her name. We're not on a butt-in-the-face-while-I'm-trying-to-do-stuff basis yet.

T1g likes this

Posted

Wanna know who else had photosynthetic skin?

End_MGS3.jpg

I think this makes my point pretty nicely

The End also a had a perfectly good pair of functioning, non-barbecued lungs.

Cause you know. 

maxresdefault.jpg

that happened.

Posted

I can't tell who is in the picture lol

Posted

That's Quiet. It's hard to tell because she's on fire.

Posted

I don't think this changes the amount of skin required to be showing though

Cascade likes this

Posted

If she breathes through her skin, and she's entirely on fire, wouldn't that suffocate her too? I mean, fire eats up oxygen and its consuming every inch of her skin, so her skin has no way to breathe, right? Does she suffocate in this scene?

Cascade likes this

Posted

Okay, since Shrubbery is already spoiling everything, I'll explain Quiet's situation... but in a spoiler tag.

Quiet is seen at the beginning of the game where she's ordered to kill you. She fails, as Ishmael throws a flammable liquid on her and then lights her on fire. She then falls out of a window from a several-story building to her assumed death. It's then explained later that she was experimented on after that incident with parasites that keep her alive by supplying oxygen through air, water, sun, etc, anything that relates to plants because her lungs have essentially been burned entirely. Thus, she wears the clothes that she wears to accommodate for it.

But that doesn't matter, she's just there to sell figures. None of it matters. Who cares.