Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Phantom Pain is a 10/10 Masterpiece

68 posts in this topic

Posted

There are definitely retcons, since it's a series that's been being made for 20 years, but most of them don't harm the overall experience, and most reform a character to make them better.

But like I suggested many years ago, you should actually play the games, Pheonix. You'd enjoy them. Instead of only reading things that have apparently put it in a light you find poor.

Coming into a thread like this without actually knowing the series and saying unfavorable things about it is just in poor taste though.

Posted

I hope a bunch of Phantom Pain stuff gets modded into Ground Zeroes, especially gear and weapons. AND D HORSE. D HORSE IS SICK.

Posted

Speaking of mods, people have already gotten the Gas Mask kid playable as well as swapping Quiet's model with Ocelot's. Both made for some silly scenes.

Also, I think most people will be modding things in Phantom Pain, rather than the other way around, but who knows.

Posted

I forgot to test this when I played the demo, but in Phantom Pain, how does the dive work? The dive is one of my favourite moves in Ground Zeroes because I can tackle an enemy and instantly shoot them to death WHILE BEING PRONE. It's useful, though what I found annoying was is that if you kept holding forward when you dive, rather than stay prone, you get back up to a crouch stance. I'd rather it be like you hold the dive button to go prone and tap it to dive then get up into a crouch.

Posted

I decided to pick up the game, seeing as I love Metal Gear's story even though I suck at Metal Gear games. I am probably the second-worst person at them, ever.

But yeah, one of my soldiers at Mother Base is named Jumping Shark and I'm screaming.

Also D.D. is the best and I will physically fight anyone that says otherwise.

なべ and Cassandra like this

Posted

You don't know the awesomeness of a puppy's paw pads?

Some of the things the guys on Mother Base say are just too much. Too much.

なべ, Agent Zako and Cassandra like this

Posted

You don't know the awesomeness of a puppy's paw pads?

Some of the things the guys on Mother Base say are just too much. Too much.

please don't represent my content as your own just because I don't have internet gosh

Also, Pheonix, basically none of what you stated about the plot is actually in the plot of any of the games, at all.

T1g and Fierce Muffin like this

Posted

PHEO.

PLAY SOME GODDAMN METAL GEAR.

Fierce Muffin and T1g like this

Posted

^

The things Kojima does in his games. As an art student and the kind of person you are, Metal Gear is probably [the] game series you would get the most enjoyment out of playing. And you'd get that from [every] single title in the franchise. (Actual titles, not stuff like Acid or Babel, but I've heard good things about both, so I'm not saying they're bad, just not as relevant.)

And I mean this literally, figuratively, metaphorically, and canonically. You would love Metal Gear, you just need to play it. Buy a PS3, buy The Legacy Collection, and enjoy this wonderful series.

Cassandra likes this

Posted

I would like to take this moment to say i have a ps3 I'm currently not using and he is completely free to borrow it, though he would have to trade me his xbox controller since I use the ps3 controller with my PC

Fierce Muffin likes this

Posted

Metal Gear is totally worth getting into. Not only are they fun to play, but it's an amazing experience watching the conspiracies unfold, the odds escalate, cinematography and gameplay improve, and characters develop over the course of these games. You lose a lot when you just hear or read about Metal Gear instead of getting hands on.

As for Phantom Pain, I'm at about 30% completion right now. One of the last things I've done was

capture Eli

and, yeah, this game is that good. It's not even fair to call MGSV a "stealth" game; even though there are occasionally missions that require stealth, it is almost never mandatory. If it gets the job done, that's enough. And even as far as I am in the game, I'm developing new weapons and items that open up new, crazy strategies, and figuring out creative ways to use tech I've had almost since the beginning. Still a ways to go from the end credits, so I'll save my thoughts on story until then.

T1g and なべ like this

Posted (edited)

Everyone's gay for Pequod. and shrubs is gay for Big Boss

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)
Knuckle likes this