Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reddit

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I was always skeptical of reddit. It was one of those sites that I underestimated and thought would die with time. However, I have come to respect it. Still, I wasn't ready to join it. I already felt guilty for spending so much time here and on other distracting websites. I was hesitant to join because I knew that I would probably spend too much time on it. I recently joined, however, on the condition that I never post anything. It would be too easy for me to get carried away and start posting actual opinions, etc.

Do you guys like the site? What are some cool subreddits that you like?

Posted

I think it's a pretty cool place with a lot of chill people on it. My favorite subreddits  ate usually fan-based things, like r/HarryPotter or r/civ. r/OutOfTheLoop is one that I almost feel should be default, it's so interesting.

LLmao ?✊? and Teto like this

Posted (edited)

My flatmate uses Reddit and 4chan a lot (boards like r9k I remember her talking about). I got an account on Reddit to post on the BoJack Horseman subreddit, because I'm a BoJack nerd. I'm listening to music from the show as I type this, incidentally. Not even intentional. Otherwise I don't really care to contribute anything. I only post here because I feel an emotional connection to the site. I don't have anything like that with Reddit yet, and so I don't really care about talking to the people there. I've just posted a couple things I noticed in the show, so I could get upvotes and feel good about myself.

I thrive on universal praise and acceptance, and so I don't really get involved with new places (although I'm not saying that with pride)

Edited by Werewolf (see edit history)

Posted

I used to go on reddit a lot, however left after the mass exodus of users due to censorship.

I switched to https://voat.co however haven't been visiting it much recently.

Posted

I know that cunt censored stuff, but I never knew specifically what got censored or why

Posted

I've been redditing frequently for about three years now (wtf) and honestly I just use it for news kind of stuff now and to find interesting articles. I also use it for like communities like r/cycling and r/teachers. It's a source of reading for me. I've come to view reddit with a pretty thick lens for bullshit though and I've learned to skim comments quickly to find quality stuff. I like that if there's a niche for something, there's a reddit for it, and usually some pretty quality things to find

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

that's cool that there's a teaching one. For a second I thought you said you go to the recycling subreddit and I was like "what"

Posted

i only use reddit when it comes up in my google searches