Neptune's Pride II HNET Group

7 posts in this topic

Posted

http://triton.ironhelmet.com/

It's a online "board" game where the goal is to (by default) take control of 50% of the stars in the galaxy. This is done by creating ships, then fleets and sending them off to claim stars which are either unclaimed or claimed by another player via combat. Everything is real time so it can take 10 hours for your fleet to make it to a star.

You can upgrade your economy, industry and science of each star you have control over. Economy will gain you more money each day, Industry will build ships faster and Science will research technology faster.

Anyone interested in giving this a go? If real time feels too slow we can always change it to a faster speed, though we'll need to start over I believe.

There can be up to 7 other people (8 including myself).

Tutorial:

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I actually don't mind playing games like these nowadays. If it's the kind of thing where I can spend five minutes playing it, then leave and come back tomorrow and spend another five minutes on it, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Posted

I actually don't mind playing games like these nowadays. If it's the kind of thing where I can spend five minutes playing it, then leave and come back tomorrow and spend another five minutes on it, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Yep, you'll get email notifications saying your fleet reached a star, etc. so that you can do your actions.

Posted

FYI this works on modern phones and tablets with an HTML5 capable browser and in your browser on your computer.

Posted

Awesome. I'll take a look at it later today.

Posted

Awesome. I'll take a look at it later today.

Are you still down for this? I've not played this but kinda want to give it a go?

Want to do a test run to see how it plays?

Posted

SHUCKS I FORGOT. You know what, yeah, lets do a test run. How do we go about this?