Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What is the point of your life?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

What makes you happy? Why do you do what you do?

Asking for a friend.

Posted

have fun, get high, live life and get my dick wet, also pizza

there is literally no point in dwelling on life to the point of depression. If something sucks, change it. if you hate your art class, try to keep in mind that it'll lead to better classes which will lead to even better classes which will end in a developed skill trait that you can use however you see fit.

Posted (edited)

I think my life goal is self improvement. I'm not saying that I'm 100% proactive or that I'm not often lazy. But I feel immense guilt when I feel like I'm stagnating. Even if I go very slowly, I like to be moving towards something. 

If I am moving especially slow towards a goal, in my opinion it means that I'm serious about it. I like to think that I have a large scope when accomplishing goals. At the same time, it's very slow and I get bummed out. 

I don't know what the end goal is. I'll probably be really boring at the end of it, if there is an end 

Sparks-- the light borne in the clash when two swords meet. They serve me as well.

Throughout my life, the moments and people that have defined me-- they have all been illuminated by sparks.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

This is it. All I am. I don't know my dream, but from this day forth, I wield my sword for no other man. I will seek. And sparks will light my path.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

My goal is to become an elite marrow master in the skeleton wars tbh

Knuckle and Teto like this

Posted

To know, love, serve, and enjoy my Creator to all eternity. To do good, to do no harm, and to attend to the ordinances of God.

It's true, I believe that my purpose is to be a servant to the world. My role is to do everything I can to improve this world and the lives of those who live in it, and I'm doing it within the context of the church. Even if I can only make a difference in a few lives, it won't be for lack of trying!

Teto likes this

Posted

To make art, frankly

Posted (edited)

To know, love, serve, and enjoy my Creator to all eternity. To do good, to do no harm, and to attend to the ordinances of God.

It's true, I believe that my purpose is to be a servant to the world. My role is to do everything I can to improve this world and the lives of those who live in it, and I'm doing it within the context of the church. Even if I can only make a difference in a few lives, it won't be for lack of trying!

This post is more moving than pheos. "To make art" feels somewhat like an easy answer, like a business card you pull out of your wallet. That sounds rude, but it is rude. Your frank answer does not satisfy me pheo. Everyone should live with shadowknight's conviction, in whatever they do.

Not that I'm saying that I have that conviction. But I don't satisfy me either.

Shadowkights answer satisfies me, because it sounds like it satisfies him. This is inevitably existential, but pheo: your answer doesn't sound like it satisfies you.

Edited by Werewolf (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah puppy you pheo 

Teto likes this

Posted

yeah I'm a dick

Teto likes this

Posted (edited)

Go to hell you cunt

Cunt is the queen of curse words

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

Hurry up and answer my life-defining question. Like, what's the point of your answer if it doesn't sum up your personal eternal truth? Ask the universe for your answer and give me a response which will sum up the final ultimate truth of the universe. Come on.

The most apt description of 'life' I can think of is trying to keep a balloon from touching the ground. You don't see the point, but you feel compelled to keep it going.

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Christ, that was a miserable post.

Posted

I think you are looking at things the wrong way.

To ask what the point of my life is would be a petty question. I'm one person that, at most, will live on this planet for a little less than a century. A paltry wayfarer on this planet of quickly expiring mortals. One day everything that is genuinely me will be gone from this world.

Since I'm so temporary and the other subject of the question (life) is not, let's turn the question around; what is life's purpose for me? That might sound absurd to someone who doesn't see life as living (an ironic deduction), but to me I can't see it as any other way. The life force of this world (and whatever designed that life force) must have created me to pursue some end. Before I go into what that purpose is, let me clarify a certainty I have touched upon just now; putting the ego of the self before the will of life is a faulty way to observe things.

So then! One could stop here and say the "purpose of life" is to deny the ego of the self and let life give you a purpose. I'd say that's a very good conclusion to stop at, but for the sake of philosophy I'll go a bit further into speculation. What then, does life say is my purpose for being alive? To know this I have to think on it constantly, and I suspect I won't really know until I'm already gone, but right now I feel that life (actually let's just drop all pretenses here, I'm talking about God) is telling me to be a lot of exciting things. I've been directed to love everyone I can, to deny that the world is as bland and straightforward as people say it is, to be thankful for my gifts and stay humble, to stand by what I believe in despite doubts while still accepting I don't have all the answers, and that's just what has been revealed to me so far. I cannot be thankful enough for the purpose of existence I have been granted, really. :D

To conclude, forget what you think the point of your life is, and ask yourself; what is life's point for me? I think you'll find this releases you from a lot of confusion and dreariness as you realize it was never really about you, but the world you are a part of.

Teto likes this

Posted

you could have said that in one sentence