Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

so there's this new furry game on steam

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Rivals of Aether is a dubiously-named game where you can play as any of a number of animal creatures from each of the four elements. The reason they chose such an embarrassing title is beyond me, but I suspect it had something to do with trademark issues over a more suitable one, Pretty Much Super Smash Bros. This betrays the premise of the gameplay, which is pretty much Super Smash Bros. It recently hit Steam early access for no less than fifteen dollars so if you're a fan of purchasing unfinished software, here's the newest in your collection of things not to mention in mixed company. It can go right next to League of Legends.

A lot of smash players have been super into this, which is where I learned of it. I've played it for a couple days and the verdict is still not out, but it has some pretty good online play that I've been having fun with. Some of the fighters' gimmicks are cool, and the game itself is quick and combo-heavy. If you wanna get game we can highlight fist and play and watch how much I suck. (Did he just kill himself twice in a row?) The end

Edited by Ganny (see edit history)
Teto likes this

Posted

It can go right next to League of Legends.

First of all, how dare you.

This game actually looks pretty cool. I like how quick and snappy it seems, and especially the cute art style. I might have to look into it more.

Posted

this is pretty much just super smash bros. you even flash yellow when charging a smash attack

i mean an aether attack

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I should be clear that they've made no secret of that ("The Melee-Insipred Fighter!"). There are a lot of little changes that make it play out differently (no shields, no grabbing, can't hold ledge) but I think ultimately the point is to have a game that fits into the smash `genre'

that said it's a little weird to play this because there's no ganon in it

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

No shields is fine, but I hate no grabbing. You should be able to grab and throw. Boo, that noise.

Posted

My friends at this tournament were talking about it today. I don't know about it. I mean I'm sure it's fun but I'm just like "why"

Posted