Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Darkscape

16 posts in this topic

Posted

2pWKQuz.jpg

So, recently the makes of Runescape released a surprise new version of their game out of the blue: Darkscape. It's runescape, but with a few key changes:

1. All members content is free to play. Member's bonuses are instead that you gain xp much faster than f2pers.
  2. F2pers still gain xp at a faster base rate. I thiiiiink it's 50% more xp, and members get like 3x or something.
  3. The entire world is pvp, at all times. No where is safe, but in different cities there are high level guards patrolling who will attack aggressive players.
  4. There's three different "economies" in the game, and thus 3 different bank systems. So stuff you store in your bank in Varrock wont be accessible in Ardougne, and visa versa.

And then there's a few other minor changes too, like it's night all the time, and losing items on death is harsher, and teleportation takes longer. And you can't do home teleports if you're carrying items with you. Just lots of things that make transportation more risky. There's also a few small map changes, like varrock's castle walls are a bit further out west than they are in the main game to encompass the cook's guild and Gertrude's house in the safety of Varrock's guards and patrolling. Also, even if you're using an account you've had for years, you start out as a level 1 noob. It doesn't erase your old account or anything, don't worry.

Anyways, I've been playing it with t1g. Advancement through the levels is pretty quick, and its nice being able to play member's runescape legally without having to pay for it. I made this thread because I knew other mmebers here like Tappy played Runescape, and I thought other people might be interested in this? It gets pretty fun and intense when you leave the safety of civilization to go skilling or questing and other, stronger players who might be interested in your loot are nearby.

Posted

someone killed me while i was ordering shit in grand exchange and i lost 10k puppy this game

Posted

PLAYING THIS GAME IS RISKY BUSINESS

I should also add: so far its buggy as fuck. The game has crashed for me twice now, and menus will bug out pretty frequently. For any other game I might say these would be patched soon, but this is jagex we're talking about.

also ALSO: T1g and I have not actually played together yet because I'm 100% confident he's going to try to kill me as soon as he meets me

T1g likes this

Posted

Probably because I am

Posted

My guild in Rift has basically gone MIA since I took a hiatus so puppy I'll play

nevermind i dont even like runescape

Posted

I made a new account called Pheo Killer.

I am a ranger (since pheo is mage and arrows beat magic). My sole purpose is to hunt down pheo and murder him, wherever he may be

Knuckle likes this

Posted

WHAT PHEO IS A MAGE

Posted

JOIN ME KNUCKLE. JOIN ME IN THE HUNT.

Posted

That's mighty tempting but I really want to have my Ultimate Showdown With Pheo in another game :X

Posted

this isnt a showdown, it is literally a massacre

Knuckle likes this

Posted

i just became a wanted criminal over some redberries

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

That's mighty tempting but I really want to have my Ultimate Showdown With Pheo in another game :X

A. Mages in Runescape are good and I always do melee anyways so I figured why not

B. I have no idea what other game you're even talking about unless its like tf2 or something

C. I am unkillable, no one has killed me yet, I dare you to try

Posted

i was going to but you didnt log in.

Posted

Wrong? I was online for like an hour last night? I even pmed you a few times? We were in the same world? You Fool?