Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PRIVILEGEWOLF (written and directed by LL)

132 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Players:

•That1Guy

•Pheonix561

•SilverAlchemic

•Brodongo

•Ganny

•Cirt

•Teto

•Linox

Terminology:

Please read this and try to stick to the terminology as much as possible in order to create immersion. 

The Brave  - This term is for anyone who would normally be called Town. They are trying to defeat The Privileged.

The Privileged - This term is for anyone who would normally be called Mafia/Wolf/Scum. The Privileged are the opposite of the The Brave.

Microaggression - This is an "attack". If a player is the victim of a successful microagression, they will become triggered. 

Triggered - This term is to describe a player who is out of the game. If you are the victim of a microaggression, you will be triggered and therefore out of the game. 

Lynching - Lynching is still lynching, because you know, social justice are like that.

It's the first day of class at the university. Students gradually fill up the classroom and begin to set up their iPad 4 Minis and iPad Pros so that they can properly take notes. These young minds eagerly await their professor's arrival, as they had heard rumors of her around campus. Professor Seraphina Thompson-Clarke was known for her unusual teaching methods and was often the center of controversy in the department. Her classes were said to be highly experimental and students were always encouraged to challenge the status quo. 

Soon after all of the students settled in, The Professor made her entrance:

0JHZkIK.jpg

The wisdom of her face was complemented by her old soul. Her aura could immediately be felt throughout the lecture hall. She embraced her naturally graying hair and wore her slight wrinkles with pride. Professor Seraphina Thompson-Clarke, head of the Women's Studies and Photography departments, was a goddess. By merely walking into this classroom, she was not only challenging existing gender roles, but rewriting them with her every footstep. Her very existence is a gift to this world. 

"Welcome to Sociology 101 everyone", she said.

Before the students could even wrap their heads around a teacher with dreadlocks, the class began. The professor explained that some of the topics that would be discussed might be slightly controversial, but that everyone was Brave enough to handle it. Well, almost everyone was Brave... Professor Thompson-Clarke (who told you that you could just call her Seraphina), explained that in our society, there exist different levels of privilege. 

"The Privileged are among us", she warned cryptically. The students began to nervously shift their eyes around the lecture hall, attempting to stay alert. 

"Let's do a social experiment on the topic of privilege. I think we would all benefit from opening up a conversation about privilege in our society", said Seraphina. This was it. This was Real College©. Anything goes. All of the students summoned their courage and their Bravery. Things were about to get interesting. 

Eliminate The Privileged and protect The Brave!

-Day 1-

gre_1449864000.png

(extended) 

8 Active players:

•That1Guy

•Pheonix561

•SilverAlchemic

•Brodongo

•Ganny

•Cirt

•Teto

•Linox

5 votes to lynch!

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

Um, what the puppy??? Where is my PM? These exclusionary tactics are such an obvious jab at my anxiety. I might have to sit this one out.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Okay I got my PM. So! I guess we should open the game by all of us checking our own privileges to make sure we're not the wolves.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Yes, please all confirm that you have received your PMs and understand your roles. 

Posted

This is hard to read, hot damn.

Posted

I feel really claustrophobic being cast as such a specific archetypal role. Why can't all town members just be the same, and then we can decide our night action abilities organically as the game progresses? It's such an outdated system of categorisation that disallows anybody to develop a self-orientation outside of what has already been decided for us by the system.

Cirt and Ganny like this

Posted

Well, first day of class means that we should all do an ice breaker, right?

Let's all go around the room and say something interesting about ourselves. I'll start!

I love this class and I'm really excited to be here with all of you!

Posted

I'm good friends with people who are heavily into this stuff. I don't really get it to the extreme they do. Once in our group chat two of them were talking about some study, and one of the two got their facts wrong, to which the other corrected them, in good will. One of the other guys joked "she schooled you!" and both of them jumped on him at once, submitting essay style replies breaking down his comment to display it as latently misogynistic. It was like one of those scenes in a crime drama where the mentally unstable drug lord pulls out a gun and shoots someone without any provocation. It was brutal. And when he tried to rrwason that it wasn't meant in I'll will toward anybody, they broke him down with eye-rolling accusals of 'mansplaining'.

He was just making a joke. Albeit a bit of a daft one; the context not really allowing for a joke like that made it come off as disrespectful, since both of the people talking do courses which rely heavily on their ability to research statistics. Don't treat peeps like that as you would someone posting a baseless political meme on Facebook.

Still though. Brutal.

They would probably flay me if they saw me talking about them like this. I only fear their claws so much because I have so much to hide.

I love this class and I'm really excited to be here with all of you!

You have to wonder about someone who thinks a college education is something so entitled to them that they can use the word "excited" to describe it. None of us think this is fun. Our society is a sick and twisted mess, and I for one am not "excited" about it. I worked all through senior year at high school to pay for my flight here. I gave up my time and energy for this. I hope you recognise that.

Posted

I think I'm going to like 100% of the posts in this thread 

Teto likes this

Posted (edited)

You have to wonder about someone who thinks a college education is something so entitled to them that they can use the word "excited" to describe it. None of us think this is fun. Our society is a sick and twisted mess, and I for one am not "excited" about it. I worked all through senior year at high school to pay for my flight here. I gave up my time and energy for this. I hope you recognise that.

Well, I appreciate the fact that you can recognize the world for what it is, but the difference between me and you is that I for one realize that we have been given an amazing opportunity today to engage in honest discussion and that yes, although we live in a messed up world driven by greed and corruption, the thought of engaging with open minded individuals fills me with hope that we can use our collective conscience to start to bring meaningful change to today's world.

It's a bit funny to see someone like yourself already so beaten down by your first world problems, you do realize that you just complained about having to pay for your own flight, right? When I went on my service trip to Angolia last semester, most of the women and children that I gave sponge baths in the village had never even seen a plane before. Think about that the next time you cash in your next paycheck.  If anything, my endearing optimism speaks volumes to the fact that despite the adversity that I am forced to face on a daily basis, I can still hold my head high and act as a pillar of strength in the battle against today's matriarchal society.

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)
Teto likes this

Posted

I don't know why you want to fight me on this. You're being incredibly unfair.

Posted

This is stupid, and why I don't come here anymore.

Posted

Love you Cassandra. I don't even disagree with the politics, but having a good pisstake can be refreshing now and then.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted (edited)

If you're not playing the game but still posting in our thread, then we are glad you lefttumblr_nsb7xeVTWt1sztyb3o1_1280.png

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

Annnnyway, we don't have a ton of time here and I'm in the LL school of lynch an inactive on day one. I don't want to start a bandwagon against someone that has yet to confirm their role, though. 

Is there any way we can have the counter reset to start as soon as everyone confirms their roles, if they have not already?