Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feeling the nostalgia

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Watching a Twilight Princess speedrun, and feeling pretty hyped for the HD version this year. That game definitely ruled, and I look forward to everybody giving it a bit of love again. It happened long enough ago for it to be falling into the realm of classic Zelda now, to me. It's settled.

Posted

Man, I didn't realize that game was as old as it is. I've been feeling nostalgic about Twilight Princess too, specifically because it was the first game I bought for the Wii. I waited in line with my grandma overnight at Target to get one, and I did nothing but play it for like two days. I can't believe that was almost ten years ago! It's funny, I didn't look to closely at Twilight Princess when it first came out (probably because I was too busy enjoying it), but it actually is one of the most memorable games in the Zelda franchise. It was big, each section had a unique feel without compromising the overall tone, the characters were great, the music was great, and it had so many moments that felt epic without becoming quicktime events. Remember the sword fight on the bridge? Me too. It was awesome.

I don't have a Wii U, though I may get one soon, but I'll definitely be busting out my copy of Twilight Princess this weekend.