Followers 0

New Zelda

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Thoughts? Getting it? Whatcha think?

images.jpg

Posted

I'm unbelievably excited. It's been a rough year, and I've been more stressed out than I realized, but seeing this video calmed my fried nerves. There's a lot of cool stuff that you can see in other videos, so it's just getting better by the minute.

Posted

I completely agree. I'm super excited and the game looks great. Just wish we had a release date.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I can't even grasp how people could possibly complain about this. This trailer we were given is literally one of the best trailers I've ever seen. The game... Even since Skyward Sword I've been bitching and moaning for a Zelda game that does exactly what Breath of the Wilds is doing now. It's exactly what I wanted down to a T, and I can't wait for the new adventures that await me.

SilverAlchemic and Knuckle like this

Posted

I'm super excited for it. The only thing is, the world is too big. I don't mind a large world to explore, but if it takes 30 minutes on horseback then that's a bit much. It's also very Elder Scrolls like and a bit Dark Soulish, neither of which I'm a huge fan of. Though, I'm hoping the best out of this because it does look amazing.

Posted

I'm sure there will be warping, or some faster mode of transportation. I'm still holding on to a little thing Aonuma said after the Zelda DLC in MK8, saying he wanted to see the Master Cycle in the new Zelda

Posted

That would definitely be interesting! I expect it will at least have something akin to the owl statues in Majora's Mask, which allow you to move quickly between regions once you learn a certain song. I'm hoping for a better musical instrument than we got in Skyward Sword, though I don't feel like that's asking very much. I'm surprisingly excited about this game, and I love it. Like, I remember getting pumped up for Twilight Princess at the same time as the "Revolution" console. When they released the first trailer, I spent the whole day on the phone with my friends talking about how awesome it looked. I may not have done quite that with the new one, but I definitely texted everybody who would care and raved about it enough to annoy my wife. 

I never bought a Wii U, but I'm already tempted to buy the new console even if this is the only game I get for it. 

Posted

I'm looking forward to it. My only concern, like YLA, is whether these vast areas will have enough to do in them, which was one of my complaints with Twilight Princess. If there is enough to do it should satisfy my wanderlust tendencies in games.