Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW? CATCH UP THREAD

11 posts in this topic

Posted

You lot first. Catch up. How do you spend your days and how've you been getting on? Anybody dead?

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I got diagnosed with a debilitating brain disease a few months ago and haven't been able to do much since. Been doing well otherwise, just trying to find odd jobs to work.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'm dead

Posted

Shit same.

Posted

I'm looking for a new apartment and a new job

Posted

I got laid off sometime before Christmas so I've been using that time to write my book. Other than that, I don't think I'm dead. I haven't actually checked recently.

Posted

I've been trying to program a robot since the last time I was here. I also got into theatrical acting, so I've been taking the class for it in school. I really love acting and improv, so it's great! I played through the Metal Gear Solid series, and boy howdy it probably changed my life, it was so good. 

I have a 4.8 GPA and I'm still scared about getting into college. So my anxiety is pretty awful. I have a girlfriend.

Not sure what else to say, but there's the update.

I got diagnosed with a debilitating brain disease a few months ago and haven't been able to do much since. Been doing well otherwise, just trying to find odd jobs to work.

Oh, shit, that sounds terrible. What disease is it, and is there anything you can do to treat it?

Knuckle likes this

Posted

It's been a rough year or so, honestly. I'm profoundly dissatisfied with my job and my school, which really starts to take a toll after a while. I'm constantly tired, lethargic, or anxious, probably because I'm trapped in what's essentially a six-million person metroplex yet have no close friends or real colleagues. I don't have any coworkers, really, and the other people in campus ministry are so much older than me that it's hard to consider them friends rather than mentors or something. My wife also hates her job, she hates commuting two hours every day, and she hates being so far from her family, which has her pretty on-edge much of the time. We're both very ready to move on from this phase in our lives and actually get settled into where we intend to be long-term.

On a brighter note, I did finish a draft of my fantasy novel. 105,000 words, in need of a good deal of editing. But the fact that I wrote a cohesive story that is, in my opinion at least, pretty good is somewhat shocking to me still. I also got a Switch and Breath of the Wild, which has legitimately added joy back into both my life and my wife's. I could go on and on about why that is, but I'll just say it's more than the escapism that it can provide -- it captures a sense of adventure and, in a weird way, hope in a manner that is carrying over beyond the screen. It's funny, charming, exciting, and so many other things, and it's been a good break from the monotonous dissatisfaction we've felt so much recently.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Knuckle. How are you holding up?

Posted

I have my good and bad days. The meds are terrible, they make me tired and lethargic. The disease itself makes it hard to enjoy things.

Posted

Been away from Hnet for awhile. It's good to see some familiar faces.

I'm mostly doing pretty well, except I'm still not good at socializing or making plans with friends. Combined with my unusual work schedule (work Friday to Tuesday) it's a little isolating. I've been working a lot, selling insurance.

I got back into playing the oboe a few years ago. Mostly in the local community band, which plays a lot of popular music, but other project pop up as well. I'll be playing parts from Vivaldi's Gloria in a couple weeks, which is pretty scary for me but also exciting.

I've also been playing a lot of Breath of the Wild and various games on my 3DS.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I've had my own ups and downs. Lost a job I was at for 5 years and I haven't had much stability with employment since. I developed a problem with my leg called lymphedema so I have to keep it wrapped up which is super annoying. I'm finally out to my family, and I was dating a guy over the summer but he turned out to not want anything more than a friendship, so I've been still trying to get over that. All of my friends moved out of my town, including my closest friend Ryan all the way to Los Angeles. A few family members passed away, as well as a couple friends. I was on a workout spree for a while but then stopped like 5 years ago but now I'm slowly starting to get into the swing of things, I'm gonna try to lose 200 pounds.