Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Some of my hand made Zelda Stuff

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Now, only geeks make this stuff *bows* and I'm proud lol I did the crafting and painting myself!

These are some of the link stuff that me (and some help with the power saw from my bro) MADE!

I'll give ya a FULL list of how to make them!

I (Brother did all the work, its really his) have a life-size Master Sword too, I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. XD

their all doll size in case your wonderin

link002.jpg

Theres them all on a shelf above my pc lol

more pics

link003.jpg

link004.jpg

link005.jpg

I made an Owl too from one of those foam things you find at craft stores lol

I HAND PAINTED it. ^^ the before is on the left =3

link006.jpg

link007.jpg

much cuter than the one in the game right?

You saw the little pink fairy in a bottle in one of the other pictures

heres some more that hang from my sealing light, Navi and two little healing ones

fairy.jpg

Ok time for the how-to list

Lets start with the Deku Shield, Its my favorite =3

First, on some plywood wood (I used plywood on all the stuff, its cheap and pretty sturdy) Draw, how ever big you want a deku shield outline, cut it out, then sand it, angle the light-brown part like I did for extra detail. Then draw the red mark on the shield with a pencil.

If you have a burning tool (click for a pick of the one I use) and, this'll take a while, burn like HUNDREDS of small burn lines into the wood to make it look like dark. After a few hours of burning.... stain the wood, be light on the edged like I did, and don't stain the part where the red mark will go. After dried. paint the mark red, and if you want, seal the would so that it'll last long.

The Hyrule shield is just drawing the shape on wood, cutting and sanding, and painting it very well lol, then sealing it if you want.

The Kokiri sword is cutting it out of wood, sanding, and painting. use dif shades of gray to make the blade look a little more realistic :D Add a little red jewel if you want to.

The Deku stick is the easiest of them all, just find any ol' stick, sand it, and stain it, if you want to add a Leaf bead like I did lol.

The Boomerang is simple too I guess. just cut it out, sand, paint it with a steady hand and seal it.

The sling shot is the same as the Deku shield, use the burn tool to burn lines, then stain it. Use some string to make the handle and other little details. Last, just some felt for the part that holds the deku seeds.

Deku seeds are just tiny walnut shells glued together and painting yellow. I added a little bell inside so it tingles when you move it lol

The Deku nuts are also walnut seeds, a little bigger. These can be tricky so listen close. First make sure you have a lot of tiny bells you can buy at any craft store. Fill your walnut shell with the bells until the walnut shell is cracked open alittle, now get out your glue gun and basically fill the walnut, with the bells, with glue. hold it together till its dry. You can now paint the glue yellow. (I hope I explained that well.. just look at the picture I'm sure you'll figure it out.) Before you paint it yellow, stain the walnut shell.

The magic beans are just peanut shells painted (many many coats of green paint) then colored beads glued in.

The little bag, could be a bomb bag or for rubees. It's just felt sewed together, and a string with wood beads on the end

The lens of truth is a magnifier glass painted purple, (or just bought if your lucky enough to find the right shade of purple) The tip of the handle painted a yellow color, and the middle of the glass a diamond painted the same color purple, this might be hard, you hafta seal it just right or it will chip off, or make the glass look bad. Use 3 wood beads and glue them on. and for detail a little red bead glues on too.

The Bombs are kind of hard to find the right stuff for. Go to a crafts store and buy foam Balls, foam Sticks, and Foam disks

I'll try my best to explain how to make them, if you don't understand I'm sure you'll figure your own way out just by looking at the pictures above.

First paint the foam ball a blueish collor, Might take a few coats. Then with your foam disks (if you look in the first picture you can see that the bombs are being held up but the foam disks.) Cut a ring out in the middle of them to the shape you want. then paint them orange, might also take a few coats. Then with your foam sticks cut them (one end at an angle) and paint them a yellow-grey. then glue them all together. remember to seal!

The bottles are just bought anywhere. I ironically couldn't find ROUND bottles, so I bought a triangle shape :D:wacko: lmao

And last the fairy's that go IN the bottles. just tiny foam balls painted pink (or left white) then use pipe cleaners and bend them to the shape of the wings and stick em in the foam balls, if you wanna be fancy like I did with Navi, add detail with more pipe cleaner.

I Think that covered them all. if you have any questions ask

and remember to seal them all so they last a long time, you can spray paint seal or brush it right on for a shinier, thicker look.

hope you guys can have fun making these like I did. I didn't look any of this up on the internet, I just went to the craft store with a list of weapons and bought anything that could bu used. and with some wood cut out shapes. =3

I'll show you a picture of our Master Sword tomorrow (its 4am >> lmao)

Posted

l love the eyeoftruth :D

Posted

those are awesome, nice work! lol I love the fairies in bottles on your shelf.

I think having navi hanging from my ceiling might give me nightmares, though...

Posted

Wow, thats really awesome! Love the boomerang, so lifelike :)

Posted

those are awesome, nice work! lol I love the fairies in bottles on your shelf.

I think having navi hanging from my ceiling might give me nightmares, though...

haha, yea... the first their nights seeing a white ball floating in your room in kinda freaky but you get used to it XD

Posted

haha, yea... the first their nights seeing a white ball floating in your room in kinda freaky but you get used to it XD

:huh: Wicked

I loved the bombs! and the bomb flower! :D

Posted

:huh: Wicked

I loved the bombs! and the bomb flower! :D

oh I forgot how to say the bomb flowers, just take some of the foam stick and sand it down into the shape

warning.. may hurt yourself when working that close to a sander >.o

ANYWHO

http://engagethis.com/public/link/

all the pictures of the master sword. ^^

sinse it was so well HAND sanded. we didn't paint it, instead stained it and got some rope to tie around the hilt

Theres also a burning Trifoce mark. (yeaa my bro Wil, he took allooot of pictures lol)

Posted

it makes me brother sad no one has complemented on his sword yet XD

Posted

lol i just saw this thread... awsome work :D

all of it... including the MS

Posted

That is some really awesome stuff. You're talented at making them! They all look so real! Make me one!!!

Posted

That is some really awesome stuff. You're talented at making them! They all look so real! Make me one!!!

sorry took me so long to reply haha

well, make em yourself :P I told ya how, get to work! lol

Posted

nice master sword

Posted

Those are awesome.

But I'm a disgrace at crafting stuff with my hands.

Still, those are great.

Posted

If I made any of those, it would be an insult to Zelda :D

Posted

yeah those are cool!

(but just how big is doll size?)

anyway, i've started... *dramatic music* TA-DA!!! Zelda jewelry! can anybody get me a good pic of the goron bracelet? :embarrassed: