Do you want Midna to return?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

for the love of god no

I've been debating this for months on the nSider2 forums and I'll debate it for months here if I have to.

Midna was a great character. She played a good role and helped move TP forward. But her role is finished. She's done. To bring her back would just be tacky. Someone here give me a good scenario to justify bringing her back. Anyone. So far, the only one I've gotten is "Zant finds Majora's Mask and starts causing trouble in the Twilight Realm!" and I think that's a puppying horrible idea (fan-fiction writers need to stop being retards).

Give me a way that won't be "Link! I need your help!" or "There's this horrible thing that's connecting our worlds that everyone failed to mention until now, but it was ALWAYS common knowledge! I mean jeez!"

People asking for her back aren't "helping the franchise be better". No. They're hurting it by forcing back a character who's role is done. It'd be no different than if suddenly Lord of the Rings part 4 was announced. It's a horrible idea, it's completely unnecessary, and there's no way in hell it could turn out well.

Not to mention Nintendo's writers for the most part suck, and it's WAY beyond their skill to bring her back and have it not be the worst possible excuse.

Well, since Midna can't return to Hyrule, like a few other people mentioned, maybe she could make an appearance in a new game taking place in Termina or something or a game about the interlopers being sealed in the Twilight Realm.

The Midna Project had the best idea in my opinion.