Do you want Midna to return?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

for the love of god no

I've been debating this for months on the nSider2 forums and I'll debate it for months here if I have to.

Midna was a great character. She played a good role and helped move TP forward. But her role is finished. She's done. To bring her back would just be tacky. Someone here give me a good scenario to justify bringing her back. Anyone. So far, the only one I've gotten is "Zant finds Majora's Mask and starts causing trouble in the Twilight Realm!" and I think that's a puppying horrible idea (fan-fiction writers need to stop being retards).

Give me a way that won't be "Link! I need your help!" or "There's this horrible thing that's connecting our worlds that everyone failed to mention until now, but it was ALWAYS common knowledge! I mean jeez!"

People asking for her back aren't "helping the franchise be better". No. They're hurting it by forcing back a character who's role is done. It'd be no different than if suddenly Lord of the Rings part 4 was announced. It's a horrible idea, it's completely unnecessary, and there's no way in hell it could turn out well.

Not to mention Nintendo's writers for the most part suck, and it's WAY beyond their skill to bring her back and have it not be the worst possible excuse.

Posted

God I hope Midna returns! She was such a huge character in TP. It would be great to have a Zelda Game take place in the Twilight Realm! TwiliGirl your Idea sounds wonderful! I wish Nintendo took ideas from fans. Maybe we at Hyrule.net should all send them emails requesting that idea!

Posted

I want Midna to return :cry:

I cryed at the ending....Laugh all you want...

It would be so cool if they made a game based off Saria's Fan Fic!! :ohmygod: THAT WOULD BE SO FREAKIN' SICK!!! :ohmygod:

Except...bigger....XD

Posted

DUH she like coolest charcter in twilight (not including link or ganon) and I never want to see NAVI again ...................... EVER naa but she annoying as hell( navi)

she is like an awesome cool navi without the HEY LISTEN SO YEAH WOOOT BRING MIDNA BACK

Posted

I wouldn't mind if they did another sequal to MM :D that'd e sick! reverting back to old school graphics! ahh...That's be so cool.... ^_^

Midna definately needs to return though..her absence is sad :cry:

Posted (edited)

for the love of god no

I've been debating this for months on the nSider2 forums and I'll debate it for months here if I have to.

Midna was a great character. She played a good role and helped move TP forward. But her role is finished. She's done. To bring her back would just be tacky. Someone here give me a good scenario to justify bringing her back. Anyone. So far, the only one I've gotten is "Zant finds Majora's Mask and starts causing trouble in the Twilight Realm!" and I think that's a puppying horrible idea (fan-fiction writers need to stop being retards).

Give me a way that won't be "Link! I need your help!" or "There's this horrible thing that's connecting our worlds that everyone failed to mention until now, but it was ALWAYS common knowledge! I mean jeez!"

People asking for her back aren't "helping the franchise be better". No. They're hurting it by forcing back a character who's role is done. It'd be no different than if suddenly Lord of the Rings part 4 was announced. It's a horrible idea, it's completely unnecessary, and there's no way in hell it could turn out well.

Not to mention Nintendo's writers for the most part suck, and it's WAY beyond their skill to bring her back and have it not be the worst possible excuse.

Scenario one: Upon seeing Links deppresion/saddness (you've got to admit, he looked depressed at the end) Zelda tells Link the details of the Long Past Hero (A.K.A. the Hero of Time) who saved Hyrule and of the (probably, seeing as it never showed up) long lost family treasure, the ocarina of time( there's already speculation among the fans that the wolf/warrior who teaches you all the special moves is none other then the Hero of Time himself) After that, this theorie splits in two.

Theory 1.1: Link goes on a quest to find the Ocarina of time and to learn the Song of Healing (possibly learning other songs along the way) after alot of plot complications and dungeons, Link, with ocarina in hand and Song of Healing learned, goes to the Arbiter's Grounds and plays the Song of Healing. All across Hyrule, miniscule (small) shards of the Mirror lift up and zoom/warp their way back to the Arbiter's Grounds and peice themselves back together.

Theory1.2: Link goes on a quest to find the spirit of the Hero of Time, or Link of OoT (this is, of course, assuming that the Warrior/Wolf that teaches you the special moves in TP is, in fact, the spirit of Link of OoT) after many dungeons and lands crossed to get there, and possibly a few tasks put up by the Hero of Time (you know, save the village under seige, beat the bad guys, bring him coffee in the morning...) The spirit of Link of OoT (soLoOoT, for now, though it's not much shorter...) grants Link of TP the Ocarina and teachs him the song of Healing. from this point, insert last two sentences of Theory 1.1.

"It'd be no different than if suddenly Lord of the Rings part 4 was announced" obviously, you're refering to the movies and not to the books, or you'd know that J.R.R. Tolkeins son has (about 7 years ago, though I'm not sure thats exact,) announced "Lord of the Rings 4". He just didn't call it that. he was also, saddly enoguh, considering the quality of the books, wrote LoTR 5, 6, 7 and so on.

None of that really matters though, as J.R.R. Tolkein wrote The History of Middle Earth much the same way a Historian would write a new history book, LoTR is gust a potrayl of one small slice of the history of Middle Earth, much the same way war movies are just small chunks of this Earth's history.

Besides, the end of ESB (Star Wars IV: the Empire Strikes Back) is closer to the ending of Twilight Princess then the end of Return of the King: one of the secondary charecters is lost, but not dead.

So what you're thought process (to me, at least, is this: They never should have made [Retuern of the] Jedi. George Lucas should have stopped his movies there, because theres no sensible way he can bring Han back. Han's a dead issue. (don't get me wrong, there are plenty who say Lucas should've stopped there, considering the Ewoks, but I'm not one of them) ((forgive me for going StarWars, but it's as natrual to me as anything else))

Granted, ESB did end with the Empire still in control, wheras TP ended with the "good guys" (because it's all perspective, as is anything else, and I wouldn't want to offend those who beleive Zant is good) winning, it was inevetable that ESB would have a "Sequel" (It's not real;y a sequel, is it. hmmmm) and TP doesn't need one. But, If luke had defeated the empire in ESB, you can shure as F

antom hour glass. (gottcha!)

bet that there would have been a follow up to rescue Han. Granted, once more, it might have been in the Expanded Universe (that vast black hole of Star Wars sequels), but TP dosen't have an offical Expanded Universe for that to happen does it?

(Whew. I think I've seen shorter works being published :embarrassed: )

Edited by The Midna Project (see edit history)

Posted

I understand yeah good point in ur face make a better point than that

Posted (edited)

Ehhhh. Midna was an amazing character, but I'm going to have to vote no return of Midna or Twilight realm connection sequel. That would be a lot of copying Twilight Princess and messing up the "neatness" of the TP plot. It would also ruin Midna's character to bring her back as "helper" or basically any form. I also question Link's depression. Sure he's in shock and sad that his friend is leaving forever, but not like he was in love with her (you don't fall in love with some one who has been an imp hiding in your shadow for weeks, months). Plus, he's got his whole world back to normal, I think in the long run, missing Midna is fine, but he's fully able to enjoy his life in Hyrule. I think any direct sequel would be really cheesy... But I guess that's up to Nintendo to prove me wrong.

Edited by Twilight Epona (see edit history)

Posted

I would really like Midna to return. I think she is the greatest charecter i know. She has to return. If you have any comments about this replay please contact me at [email protected]

:triforce::sheik::ocarina:

Posted

I don't think something should be made where Midna returns, but I am an enthusiast for the idea that the Twilight Realm should return. Not as a huge plot point, but as a place you need to visit.

Or at least leave some stuff in Hylian lore that points to their existence. Some hints.

Not vague hints like the vast amount of Sheikah influences in the form of the eye symbol, but stuff like stories of the Realm.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Agreed. But unlike the sheikah, the twilight realm has literally been the main part of the game. Sheikah have been seen as a mysterious race throughout all the zelda games and have not yet seen their spotlight in the zelda series as the twilight has.

On the main topic, it would be interesting to see Midna return, but I could not see how she could be brought back. As we all know, she has officially destroyed the only door to either of the worlds. If she did come back, it would probably then mean a completely new villian has risen from the twilight realm and torn open a hole to our world. Actually that could be a good story to bring in Vaati as a 3-D boss, but i highly doubt that's going to happen. Unless Miyamoto is reading this right now and likes the idea, or I'm hired when I get older and have control of these ideas.

Posted

If Midna returned, I'd throw a party. She's probably one of my favorite Zelda characters.

She's mischievous and cool in a mysterious way, and she was a great addition to the LoZ series.

So, my answer is, yes, I'd prefer Midna to return. If possible. ^-^

Posted

Yes. I would love to see Midna return someday. Yes she did destroy the mirror of Twilight and it doesnt look like she can return. However....Ganondorf/Ganon comes back game after game after game. Also after being stabbed through the head like at least once (WW). This guy dies and comes back, not to mention sometimes in spans of like 400 years later after he is killed. I think it would be easy for them to bring Midna back. And, for the record, i think it would be awesome.

I think in the timeline (or on half of the timeline, depending on looking at the split timeline theory etc.) Wind Waker is the last in the series involving the triforce (and possibly ganondorf as a consequence) as the triforce is used and grants its one wish, which would mean that ganondorf didn't necessarily return from being stabbed in the head, turned to stone and drowned. To be fair, that was a very thorough death, none of the others were anywhere near that thorought (in fact the only one that could really be counted close to a death being TPs.

Posted

I like to see Midna return!

and another thing, i think there is more than one way to enter the twilight relam. the mirror couldn't have been the only way...

Posted

Of course, how could you not want her to return? She was 100x better than Navi. She was just cool. I like her in her little form with the mask though, that way she can ride on links back easier. :P Plus, her warp thing was cool.