Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who's th new Villain/PH Plothole

48 posts in this topic

Posted

The Forlorn, a mysterious race that takes over Hyrule with perviously unseen magic powers. Their King Magus holds all of Hyrule under his dictatirship say for Link who is travling elsewhere. Through the corse of the saga it is revealed that the Forlorn are not of this world and are in fact aliens from Hyrules sister Planet Marcelus. A kind of Legend of Zelda/War of the Worlds thing.

Posted

Yes, we know that ganon dies in wind waker, but what about Vaati? he's possibly still alive? Like in phantom hourglass, his symbol the eye is everywher. like on the boss key door, and the phantom ship?

Posted

A game with vaati as the villain could continue from PH - click the link at the end of my sig to find out more about the idea.

Posted

I have never been a fan of Vaati. For one, he is a very shallow character... He started out as a Minish, right? Well, just to be a jerk, he decides to rule the world. At least Ganondorf had a reason. His tribe suffered because of its inadequacy and horrible placement, even though they were noble and only stole from the rich. (Under Nabooru's rule, at least.)

Vaati was just like, "I'm bored, I'm going to steal this magical hat that grants ultimate power because it has ABSOLUTELY NO SECURITY"... He really just seems like a spoiled child.

We need something more cynical and psychological. I loved Majora's Mask because, yes, it wanted to destroy the world to just be a jerk, but it wasn't to the point that I was tired of trying to find out its motives. It went deeper, in fact. At first, it seems like it was possessing Skull Kid just to have a few laughs as it brings the Moon down, but afterwards, in the Moon, the different incarnations of monsters were playing in the field. The only one not having fun was the incarnation of Majora. It was lonely.

So, in theory, Majora wrecked things because of the evil in its heart because of being lonely. All the other children represented something. A warrior, a goat, a fish, a bug. What did Majora represent? Majora is the odd one out.

Thinking of this, maybe Majora was human after all? But then, why the representation of loneliness?

It left many mysteries and a possible backstory to delve into.

Vaati was a Minish. They didn't have any problems besides being small. Maybe he was frustrated about feelings of inadequacy? But it's not in the emotionally unstable way that I was fond of in Majora's Mask. It really just seemed like he wanted to just be a jerk to everyone else for no reason, or power hunger.

My memory is hazy, so I can't remember Bellum's motives, but I think it was also just for some unexplained reason.

I'm not saying we need a new villain, I'm saying we need an interesting one. Not a boring one. I mean, they could make a new villain, but if it's as shallow as Vaati, then I'm probably going to enjoy researching and observing the culprit less.

Also, since many games actually, in theory, come after the Great Flood, (A majority of them, actually, have excessive proof pointing to postflood placement) then it would be safe to assume Ganondorf is not permanently dead under the waves. He is most likely resurrected. Heck, he was reborn during the events of Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Link uncovers Old Hyrule Castle at that time.

In any case, I'd like more character development. That's all I'm saying.

(And please. I mean, the final boss battles in TP and WW were epic, don't get me wrong, but they were way too easy. Seriously, they were EPIC... But it always boils down to the one-man army that is Link. We need an epic battle sometime or another. >=D)

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ganon was resurrected by Twinrova in the Oracles, so it could possibly happen again. But if it doesn't,

I'd like a...humanlike enemy. Really, any villain that's just pure and unyielding evil is too shallow, as Sahaqiel said. It would be better to have a humanized one, someone with a moral conscience and views of right and wrong. This raises the conflict beyond hero vs. villain, and adds an element of intrapersonal conflict. If Link had a bit of jealousy and greed in him, it could contribute to the entire story.

The Forlorn, a mysterious race that takes over Hyrule with perviously unseen magic powers. Their King Magus holds all of Hyrule under his dictatirship say for Link who is travling elsewhere. Through the corse of the saga it is revealed that the Forlorn are not of this world and are in fact aliens from Hyrules sister Planet Marcelus. A kind of Legend of Zelda/War of the Worlds thing.

Lawlzig at King Magus. Oh no, the evil King Magical is going to rule Hyrule! =D Don't know where you got Marcelus, though. I think that one's just a name.

Posted

ah, your spoiler tag has led me to rethink part of my timeline theory, due to the fact I didn't know that's what happened (there's some games I REALLY need to play)

Posted

"Could have been reborn" <-- I apologize for that mistake, it should have been, "was reborn".

I normally don't proofread my posts after I've stayed up for long periods of time.

Anyways, yeah, possibilities and such...

Sahaqiel

Posted

Seeing as Ganon can be reborn/revived, I don't think it's necessary or likely that a new "main" villain will be created. Sure, another villain like Vaati or Bellum may arise, but it's unlikely that a another villain that pertains to the entire series rather than a single game would be created.

I doubt Vaati would return as a villain... he was basically just a spoiled, selfish minish brat, and in the end, got a whoopin'. To be honest, I found him pretty silly. What would be neat, though, is if another Gerudo (or rather, somebody with Gerudo blood, seeing as the race eventually vanishes in both sides of the timeline) became involved in the story. If you remember, Gerudo women would frequent the market to meet boyfriends, so it's highly possible and very likely that there are people running around with Gerudo blood in them. It'd be interesting to see the whole villain thing and different races interact.

Still, if there is to be a new villain on TWW/PH's side of the timeline, I'd assume that it'd be Ganondorf resurrected, or some new character that ends up being possessed or governed by him (like Zant, who saw Ganny as a "god"). Bellum was a pretty random villain, but that's to be expected with PH's story. What would be nice to see is a character who is seemingly good at first and turns out to be evil. Those who've played ALttP know that Agahnim was actually Ganon's puppet who came to Hyrule and helped the King. Because he won over the King, he had a lot of control, which allowed him to make Link seem like the enemy of the people. I think seeing something similar to that would be fantastic, because characters and stories have a lot more detail these days.

In any case, I still doubt another main villain will be created anytime soon, but I'm sure we'll see a number of villains significant to single games.

Posted

HOW DID YOU GET SO SMART!!! :o

YOU MAKE ME JEALOUS!!!

>>

Knowledgable people.... grumble grr.... grr grumble... mumble mumble...

The greatest enemy of all time, would be Link's VERY OWN PET!! :o

Seriously. Epona turns out to be some godlike person, who was evil, and was defeated, and punished, turned into a horse, and only befriended Link to find a way to turn back...

Seriously, that would be the coolest thing ever :'D

OR. 'gasp'

You go through the game, it's all suspensful because nobody knows who it is or anything, and then... you enter the boss room.... AND IT WAS MIDO ALL ALONG!!!

Then he goes through some huge speech, and he explains he was always jealous of Link, and he liked Saria, and was always nice to her, just to find out about Link.

The more he learned, the more rage boiled up inside of him, HE wanted to be the hero.

Then, some dark figure appears, and grants Mido his wish. The power to destroy Link! :o 'gasp'

Then after he explains, and you defeat him after this massive crazy sword, magc, whatever battle.. Mido disappears, AND OUT COMES MALON!!!! :o 'DOUBLE GASP'

Because really, she liked you and all... But you never visited!!! So she grew angry, and all the rage gave her power, and then she decided she wanted to kill you, and then you fight... THE SCARIEST LOOKING GIRL EVAR D:

Bad plot for Malon.. but i can come up with millions more in a few hours :'D

Posted

Oh, you think I don't have a satisfactory reason for attempting world domination?! Ah, but you don't understand, do you? You are clouded by the impression that love is above all the most wonderful feeling. You are WRONG, Zeruda, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POWER is the greatest emotion man can ever achieve, NOT LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HUMANS?!?!?!?!?!

Posted

hbkzxhjbch Your post makes no sense, since power is not an emotion. It's like saying that your toenail is your most prevalent emotion because it's so hideosuly long. This is not a good thing.

Anyway, Phantom Hourglass was really made to get some new people into the series with innovative stylus controls and such, because you don't need to know anything about Zelda to play it. Seriously, it's all explained in the beginning with state-of-the-art flashcard storytelling, and Ganondorf isn't even mentioned as Ganondorf. He's "the evil king". So naturally, they made a new villain (sort of at random, regardless of how cool Bellum is. "BIG...SQUID THING"). I don't think Bellum will return.

Oh dear, this post makes it sound as though I don't like Phantom Hourglass. Great game. Tanfastic. (Fun fact: "bellum" is the Latin word for "war".)

Posted

Sorry, I meant the feeling you have when you have power. My bad. :embarrassed:

Posted

I didn't like PH. It was too short, and too easy. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CEL-SHADED GRAPHICS BECAUSE YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW THAT I HATE THEM ANYWAY!

Posted

This topic is not about liking/hating Phantom Hourglass. Just because it has to do with it doesn't mean that saying this is a good thing. I'm going to expect that you try not to do that anymore, all right? =D

Posted

This topic is not about liking/hating Phantom Hourglass. Just because it has to do with it doesn't mean that saying this is a good thing. I'm going to expect that you try not to do that anymore, all right? =D

Ok. Sorry. Well I guess if there was a new game of Zelda that follows PH, I hope it would be the enimy at the end of Four Swords adventure that isn't ganon. It was... I don't remember who it was.