Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Was TP's delay worth it?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you guys think that that long, painful, one year delay of TP was worth it? It seems they really didn't change that much during that time. I know they put it on the Wii. The Twilight Realm was converted to color. Midna's hair was changed, and the way Link tranformed into a wolf was different from the E3 2005 trailer. That's all they seemed to do during the delay. For those of you, who have played TP, like me, would it make any difference whether or not the game was delayed?

Posted

It didn't make a difference at all.

I remember reading in ZeldaBlog: Each time the game is delayed, the fans' expectations increase a lot more.

That is very true. I was expecting the best game ever, and TP failed.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it just didn't live up to the hype.

Posted

i somewhat agree and disagree.

if all that had been in the e3 05 demo was in tp it would probably be a better game. maybe the long time to wait made them decide to take some parts out

Posted

I think you're getting the wrong idea by thinking everything else was finished the year before, it clearly wasn't, they;'ve done a lot of work to make the whole thing really good, i reckon it would've disapointed a lot more people if they'd brough it out the year before.

Posted

Remember the wise words of Shigeru Miyamoto; "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

Posted

i don't really mind. I think it's good they made it for the wii, without it the wii would have been a lot less interesting for me at least.

Posted

It didn't make a difference at all.

I remember reading in ZeldaBlog: Each time the game is delayed, the fans' expectations increase a lot more.

That is very true. I was expecting the best game ever, and TP failed.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it just didn't live up to the hype.

First of all, no offense Relean, but....

1: WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

2: WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

And

3: WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

I agree with Miyamoto. A delayed game is.....(Whatever he said) A bad game is bad forever.

Look at Silicon Knights. THEY delay THEIR games and (as far as I know) THEY coem out good.

SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT TRUSTING THE WISE MIYAMOTO.......:angry:

Posted

They promised more of Ganondorf that we could ever expect. Ganondorf appeared two times in the game.

They also said that the main story would be 70 hours long and that the sidequests would take 30 hours to complete. I beat the game, with most sidequests done, in 45 hours.

They said this was going to be the best Zelda game ever. It wasn't.

They promised more dungeons than in any other Zelda game. There were only nine in TP. (I think ALttP had 11, so TP should have had 12 at least.)

After being delayed for a year, don't you think it could have been a lot better?

I don't like OoT too much, but the sidequests in it were very fun to complete. Wind Waker's sidequests owned OoT and TP's sidequests in every single way.

But didn't you read my post carefully?

I still like TP, and in fact it's one of my favorite Zelda games. But, just as many people around the web, I was dissapointed with how it turned out.

Posted

I still like TP, and in fact it's one of my favorite Zelda games. But, just as many people around the web, I was dissapointed with how it turned out.

Yeah...it sure didnt live up to expectations. As said a million times in like every TP Zelda blog or website, Nintendo spent more time on the graphics and outlook then the actual challenges in the game. It is a good game, and the graphics are awesome, but it needed more.

Posted

I was dissapointed with the delay,which didn't do much at all.If we get delays for games that need more time to be BETTER,we expect it to be better.I wouldn't care about the delay at all if it had been harder.I hope that,if it's possible,Nintendo can release an update that makes it alot harder.The delay kind of felt like they took out some very good things from previous games as well,like the mirror shield,hover boots,some hard puzzles,maybe the mask abilities,but the masks wouldn't really seem to fit in the game that well,in my opinion.They also took out the ability to crouch with your shield so you could direct light with the mirror shield.TP really could have been alot more,but whatever.All we can really do is hope for a better game.

Posted

They promised more of Ganondorf that we could ever expect. Ganondorf appeared two times in the game.

They also said that the main story would be 70 hours long and that the sidequests would take 30 hours to complete. I beat the game, with most sidequests done, in 45 hours.

They said this was going to be the best Zelda game ever. It wasn't.

They promised more dungeons than in any other Zelda game. There were only nine in TP. (I think ALttP had 11, so TP should have had 12 at least.)

After being delayed for a year, don't you think it could have been a lot better?

I don't like OoT too much, but the sidequests in it were very fun to complete. Wind Waker's sidequests owned OoT and TP's sidequests in every single way.

But didn't you read my post carefully?

okie dokie...

1) They said we could expect more from ganondorf than you would have expected, they were talking about the final battle, and i certainly wasn't expecting it to work out like that, sure i didn;t think it was over when link got teleported out, but still.

2)In my opinion it was, but people have different opinions

The other comments are fair enough other than the fact of, were you able to play the whole game before it was originally delayed? NO, so you can't say that they didn;t make it a lot better in that year, because you just don't know.

Posted

My point is, after the delay I expected a better game. I dunno how the game was back then, but I sure expected omse better stuff.

Posted

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

I think Aatch is right. Twilight Princess is a good game (not excellent, but good) and they couldn't have made it excellent with one delay

Posted

Do you guys think that that long, painful, one year delay of TP was worth it? It seems they really didn't change that much during that time. I know they put it on the Wii. The Twilight Realm was converted to color. Midna's hair was changed, and the way Link tranformed into a wolf was different from the E3 2005 trailer. That's all they seemed to do during the delay. For those of you, who have played TP, like me, would it make any difference whether or not the game was delayed?

The damn delay was mostly just to convert the game to Wii (Bad Move!). They just changed small things like the color of the Twilight Realm as an excuse.

The 'Cube version was much better than the Wii version anyway.

Posted

I think the wii version's better, i feel a poll coming on...