Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Was TP's delay worth it?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

They didn't completely remake the game.

That would mean doing the graphics again, creating a new storyline... They just added the Wii controls and maybe something else.

But they didn't remake it.

Posted

Hmm...I'm gonna have to rent the GC version of TP now, I wanna compare :)

Posted

Plus, it just feels right having link a Lefty. . .

I thought that was gonna be weird on the wii version, but I never actualley thought about it...

Posted

I'm not sure how it would be to have non-lefty Link :unsure:

Posted

i won't doubt the ability to control the camera, that is pretty useful, although the only real reason i used it wind waker was while sailing....

i think there was also a wasted oppurtunity in the fact that you couldn't still control epona while aiming with the wiimote, you should've been able to use the control stick on the nunchuk to steer epona and fire with the wiimote...

Posted

i think there was also a wasted oppurtunity in the fact that you couldn't still control epona while aiming with the wiimote, you should've been able to use the control stick on the nunchuk to steer epona and fire with the wiimote...

yeah i thought about the same thing and that would improve riding alot... but it would be kinda of unaturilly...

Posted

Maybe you could control Epona with the control stick and aim with the C-stick in the GC version. In the Wii version you could control her with the control stick as well and aim with the pointer.

Posted

thinking about it, there probabbly ought to have been a way to work out controlling the camera with the wiimote wile running, then again, they'd need to keep it in the middle and not rest their hand...so that probabbly wouldn;t work...

Posted

What about this:

You steer Epona with the Nunchuck and aim with the Wiimote, whilst the camera follows the pointer so you have a better view of the battle.

It would be kind of hard for the developers to do, though.

Posted

They didn't completely remake the game.

That would mean doing the graphics again, creating a new storyline... They just added the Wii controls and maybe something else.

But they didn't remake it.

they don't have to make a new storyline just to move a game to a different console :angry:

Posted

I'm sure they'll get the controls down and great in the next Zelda Wii. . .

Just imagine how cool it will be with more time to think out the conrols!

I just pray that they don't keep Death Mountain on the left, Lake Hylia on the right, and link a righty in the next game so that new timers to the franchise won't get confused!!

Posted

Ithink that the delay was not only worth it but required because they made the game for the gc and then almost completely remade it for the wii. they had the basic tech. so it didn't take as long as it normaly would to make it from scratch

Um.. you said it was remade, not me.

Posted

if new timers started off with TP then they'd be confused if they went back to the original, wouldn;t they?

I still think they should change it back though, lol.

Posted

If they don't change it back i'll be pissed. . .Lol.

Posted

Link will probably still be a righty in the next Wii Zelda, but everything should be back to normal. Death Mountain in the right, Lake Hylia on the left and all that.