Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom Hourglass Japan Release Date Announced

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Following on the success of bringing Zelda back in the frontlines of gaming with the Wii, Nintendo’s looking to keep the franchise fresh in our minds with the upcoming Nintendo DS release of The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass.

------

The game wooed fans at last year’s E3 with the celebrated return of the cartoony graphics, reminiscent of the Gamecube hit The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

The stylus-exclusive game was recently rumored to not come out until later this year, around the holiday season–and that even seemed to be a rough estimate. Bringing hope to this fanboy crushing news is the latest issue of Famitsu. The periodical reveals the official Japanese release date of June 23 of this year.

While it may not be a definitive proclamation that we’ll be seeing the stateside version around the same time, or even this year, it’s starting to look a little bit better for Zelda fans.

Source: <a href="http://www.gamestooge.com/2007/04/11/phantom-hourglass-japan-release-date-announced/">Game Stooge</a>

Posted

[quote name='Relean' post='38147' date='Apr 14 2007, 05:51 PM']The periodical reveals the official Japanese release date of June 23 of this year.[/quote]
It seems....good. Almost....almost [i]too[/i] good. Too good to be true..... :unsure: I'm not sure if I believe this........if it comes out on that day, I might have to choose between PH or SSBB...... :unsure: Darn.....

Posted

june 23? that seems like kind of short notice, even just for the japanese release.

ah well I'm ready for it NOW so here's hoping they get it out on the market asap!

Posted

Keep in minds it's the Japanese Release date.

No American release date has been announced yet.

Posted

Usually Japan gets the lastest Zelda game first. June 23 seems a bit early, if it's said to come out in America during the holidays. But no official releasedate has been confirmed for PH in America yet. Who knows? They may even decided to delay it! :wacko: Please, don't let that happen! :wacko:

Posted

ph... my bro just bpught a ds so now i will be able to play it! YAY!

Posted

although the date itself seems a bit dubious, famitsu is normally a very reliable sourceso im not sure what to make of this really.

DS games don't normally take too long to localise either, so it's probabbly guaranteed for Europe for christmas, let alone America...

Posted

I might consider buying this game.
But y'know, the graphics put me off.
I'm sure it will be good.

Posted

the graphics put you off?

it's a DS game for crying out loud not a wii game, for the DS those graphics are funkadelic

Posted

I'm A bit pessimestic about this news.. but It would be cool to see release dates confirmed for the rest of the world

Posted

That is short notice.

I'll have to save up.

Posted

Well, this [i]is[/i] a handheld game, so it would obviously take a lot less time to develop. It's not like TP where we were waiting 2 and a half years just for the game to come out. So, short notice, yes, but it's not a huge game. I'm looking forward to seeing the US release dates.

Posted

I like the game for non-portable consoles (N64, GC, Wii) so I'm not that exceited about this game.
But, once I played in a Nintendo DS and was stuck in it. I played an hour in it at school, in a free period.
I'm not sure, I don't even have a DS so probably I won't buy PH

Posted

[b]It was supposed to be released sometime in march. then NINTENDO power put November __, they do that a lot.[/b] :wacko:

Posted

it's because it was delayed, that happens a lot with Zelda games, it tends to be why they end up so good.

Also, release dates like that tend to be purely speculation anyway, very little is often officially announced...