Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HELP! I need to figure out what game this was...

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, this might seem kind of crazy, but ever since I was a kid I remember renting this video game but I don't remember what it's called. I'm pretty sure it isn't a dream (though maybe it is haha), so I wanted to post it here and see if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about.

Even if you say "Hey! I think I've played that too, but don't know what it's called" that's okay - I just don't want to feel crazy. If someone helps me confirm this is a real video game and not a dream, then I'm going to search for it :) If not, I"ll give up haha.

Here's what I remember:

The main character was some young hero who lived in this small town with a castle nearby. Kids from town were captured and taken to the castle, so this character goes after and saves them, despite the townspeople saying not to. He finds a weapon in the castle, I think it was a sword. At the end of the dungeon there's a giant you have to fight, and when you win, you're sucked outside the castle in the back. It's some grassland place, and you can't get back, so you continue on a quest.

Later, I think one of your old friends turns into a bird or eagle or something when you run into him in some dungeon. He attacks you, so you have to kick his butt.

I know it sounds weird, but I swear that was an old game I rented with my dad once... it's either NES or SNES I think. Anyone know the name of this, or does this sound familiar?

Thanks,

--Nathan

Posted

I can try to help you since I have a NES And SNES emulator

Posted

it sounds like tp... :huh:

Posted

it sounds like tp... :huh:

Hahaha, you're right! :D

Except for that thing that one of your friends becomes a bird and you have to attack him...

Posted

hmm... maybe he thinks about the time when his friends help him with the hawk...

Posted

Haha, you guys are funny :P

The whole bird part is confusing. I think he gets like brainwashed or something, and he looks kinda like a bird but I don't know what kind.

Maybe it's a dream :(, but it seems so clear to me when I think about it, and I know we usually forget dreams. Since I've remembered this for about 8 years I'm assuming it's not a dream haha.

I'll have to look up game screenshots from NES and SNES and see what I can find I guess. Maybe someone will know what it is based on the whole part where you go rescue people and when you fight the giant and kill him you're magically pushed outside and can't get back.

Thanks for the help so far.

--Nathan

Posted

Check this link: Breath of Fire

It sounds kind of similar to what you described.

Hope that helped. ^_^

Posted

I'm a big fan of BoF, it's not that. I'll just have to look through roms and see if I can find it. If I can't, I'll go through life thinking I'm crazy haha.

Thanks for the continued help.

Posted

:D

sorry never herd of it but sounds kool!

Posted

sounds like...crazy talk to me :P

Posted

hey I have no Idea what you're talking bout is but I have a game of my own that I don't know what is I don't even know the system what i remember is that you are sucked into the ground or something mabey after falling of your horse but when it goes back to you you're srounded by thing thats remind me of deku sprouts and when you can see you aging you have you're body but there head and you can only make a noise that sounds like a full fart. Is it majora's mask or was I just dreaming I mean I can Barley find a trace of this game please help :cat: :cat: :cat:

Posted

^

That was rather... confusing.

Posted

^

That was rather... confusing.

Hey I know I played it

Posted

hey I have no Idea what you're talking bout is but I have a game of my own that I don't know what is I don't even know the system what i remember is that you are sucked into the ground or something mabey after falling of your horse but when it goes back to you you're srounded by thing thats remind me of deku sprouts and when you can see you aging you have you're body but there head and you can only make a noise that sounds like a full fart. Is it majora's mask or was I just dreaming I mean I can Barley find a trace of this game please help :cat: :cat: :cat:

Yes, that would be Majora's Mask.

Posted

cool I'm gonna shove it in my brothers face when he gets home from the boy scouts camp out