Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Princess Will Become Best Selling Zelda

30 posts in this topic

Posted

i think twilight princess is better...

then again, i don't seem to take offence when people say ocarina of time is better

I just die a little inside instead

Posted

I personally believe that Twilight Princess is better, and it is by far my favorite Zelda game. Even though I thought Ocarian of Time and Link to the Past were pretty good too.

Posted

TP wont ever be better than OoT. Even if it sells the most, it just doesnt live up to it, and it probably never will.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='41582' date='Apr 30 2007, 11:53 AM']i don't seem to take offence when people say ocarina of time is better
I just die a little inside instead[/quote]

Haha, sorry Gingerlink!

Posted

What is it that makes OoT better? I think it is because of the time it came out. if Twilight Princess came out when Ocarina of Time did, and the Ocarina of Time when Twilight Princess came out, Twilight Princess would be considered better because of the time it came out, in 1998.

I am completely for Twilight Princess, and I am for Ocarina of Time. I hold no difference between them. Except that I like Twilight Princess more.

Posted

i've just had a brainwave about something else TP was lacking

MAGIC!!!!

Posted

Even though it didn't have magic, (which in a way made it more realistic) I thought it was really well done with the characters and plot (compared to OoT).

Posted

Tp won't be souled as much as OoT cause everybody expected more from Tp and OoT was exactly what they've expected.
Tp came just at the wrong time but it has a joker.
It's available on two counsels Wii and GC.
And OoT was only for N64.

Posted

Yeah, so HAH! Ehem, sorry.....*shuffles away*

Posted

The consumers and markets of today are different then back in 1998.

Example (not as significant, but big enough) OoT did not have to face x box 360 graphic engines and blood and gore (which i really don't like... But some do) like Twilight Princess does. They didnt raise the expectations on OoT Like they did on TP... I wonder why? And also, the potential of each game and market sales will vary.

Tp has sold over 5 million copies in half a year. Nintendo 64 had another 2 to 3 (i think) or so years before the next gaming console (X BOX) came out, giving more time on sales.

Just my opinion, I am just defending what I have waited so long for.

(Oh and by the way... N64 was the only Nintendo gaming console out at the time... so OoT could only be on one console.

Posted

[quote name='twilightwolves' post='43841' date='May 12 2007, 10:46 PM']The consumers and markets of today are different then back in 1998.

Example (not as significant, but big enough) OoT did not have to face x box 360 graphic engines[/quote]

That is a good point. When OoT came out it was more of a 'surprise' than TP. We all knew it was coming, but at that point in the gaming world we could have been impressed by almost anything. It was easy to top the NES and SNES, but now we expect these better graphics and there is only so much they can do w/ it now...

Posted

yes, but it was all new stuff, finding genuinely *new* games these days is very hard, guitar hero is a good example, but that's already spawning numerous sequels...

Posted

there are so many more games out and higher quality now then back in 1998... people just won't be satisfied...

Posted

Yep, we're all spoiled now!

Posted

Well Im still happy when i find a really good game, I still think it's hard to find something of really good quality, especially as most devlopers create something good to a selling point, but then get lazy.