Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Princess Will Become Best Selling Zelda

30 posts in this topic

Posted

According to Nintendo's latest software sales reports, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has sold 4.59 million copies worldwide on both GCN and Wii as of March 31st, 2007. A Link to the Past, according to Nintendo's own published numbers, has sold 4.61 million copies and is the current third best selling Zelda title.

------

Twilight Princess sold 128,000 copies in March for the Wii in the US according to NPD's published figures, meaning with probably just two more month's time from US sales alone, TP will surpass ALttP's mark.

Still, TP would have to have a big second wind if it hopes to catch the two titles that will be ahead of it; The Legend of Zelda with 6.5 million copies sold, and the king, Ocarina of Time, with 7.6 million copies sold.

Pundits might be quick to point out ALttP bundled with Four Swords sold an addition 1.35 million copies, but because it is a revamp and features a new title added in, the game is not considered a "re-release" and shouldn't factor into the original ALttP's figures - if anything they should be solely used to track Four Swords' sales data.

Source: [url="http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1177659773&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&"]The Hylia[/url]

Posted

Ha, OoT Pwns.

Posted

OoT rocks is the best zelda game ever!!!!!!!

Posted

I dont think TP will outsell the top selling Zelda games, yes it is a good game, but I really dont think it could beat OoT.
Last time I saw the sales figure's, TP's was almost pitiful against games like OoT & Lttp.

Posted

I think Tp will get about 6 million sold in a year or two.... I don't think it will beat oot...

Posted

[quote name='hyrulean soldier' post='41010' date='Apr 28 2007, 01:27 AM']OoT rocks is the best zelda game ever!!!!!!![/quote]

'EY!!!!!!!!!! :angry: JUST BECAUSE ZELDA OoT [size=60][b]SOLD[/b][/size] MORE COPIES THAN TP DOESN'T MAKE IT [size=60][b]BETTER![/b][/size]

JEEZ, HOW HARSH YOU CAN BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and just to make a comback at you, You spelt "It's" wrong.

JEEZ, to that, too.

Posted

Once the Wii is more available I think that TP has a chance of passing up OoT

Posted

the above comment is prlly right, idk tho still a long way to go, but as far as how good TP is compared to Oot, well, Oot is still the best zelda ever released lol, i'd say TP is second best

Posted

Hmm, I would of though that OoT would of been the best seller.
Defo my favourite LOZ game.

Posted

I doubt that it will surpass OOT.
But TP has still achieved a respectable sales figure.

Posted

errr OoT IS the best seller at the moment.

Consider that OoT isn;t selling anymore and twilight princes has only been out 5 months, i think you need to wait until at least after next christmas to decide whether it will overtake ocarina of time in sales or not.

Posted

TP still has a long way to go if it wants to outsell OoT.

Posted

[quote name='LoZFan1989' post='41295' date='Apr 29 2007, 01:51 PM']TP still has a long way to go if it wants to outsell OoT.[/quote]

OK! I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two - Four times is enough for me to get the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that guy was still harsh!

Posted

TP is a good game, but OoT is better (sorry Hylian Twili). I don't think that TP will supras OoT

Posted

That is so awesome, my theory was correct.