Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom Hourglass: New Details.

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Recently there were some doubts raised over who the "missing" person was in the game that Link was searching for, even after Nintendo's own descriptions originally said it was Tetra. Weekly Famitsu once again re-affirms that this missing person who was kidnapped is indeed Tetra.

------

Lineback, the captain of a ship and a new character revealed a few weeks ago, appears to agree to help Link only because the two have a common interest, much like how Midna and Link team up at first. Lineback allows Link to come aboard his ship and pursue Tetra. Lineback himself is actually seeking a treasure hidden within the Ghost Ship (this is apparently the same "ghost ship" mentioned in the English description that is the catalyst for the adventure.

Additionally, Link's fairy companion is named "Shiera". The new scan also reveals a new mysterious old man, who apparently is named "Shiwan and he will help out Link in the game.

As for new gameplay tidbits, there are sea charts that will be hidden in the main underground temple that will allow Link to access new islands (this sounds a bit like Tingle RPG). All the time-limited exploration is just inside the temple, and it's all because of the curse.

Another interesting piece of information is the fact that when Link enters a dunegon, he becomes "cursed" and will lose strength until the curse is broken using the powers of the Phantom Hourglass. Link doesn't become cursed per se, it's the temple that's cursed. The curse basically prevents you from spending a lot of time inside the temple, as you gradually lose your strength while you're inside. The Phantom Hourglass cancels the effects of the curse for a certain amount of time, which depends on how much sand of time you've collected. The Phantom Hourglass is powered by the "sand of time", which Link can collect by defeating bosses on each new island. The "sand of time" apparently will extend the duration of the effects of the Phantom Hourglass. The magazine just mentions one cursed temple, we don't know whether there will be more cursed temples, or just plain normal temples, for that matter.

Source: [url="http://www.thehylia.com"]The Hylia[/url]

Posted

What does that means? :huh:

Posted

Link's fairy companion is named "Shiera", huh? Sounds like a pretty name.

Posted

So, as time passes by in a cursed temple, Link begins losing health? :huh: I think I get it. :)

Posted

Sounds good... when was the release again?

Posted

So will link have a set amount of time to beat the temple? :huh:

Posted

sounds like an interesting twist...I wish I could play it now!! now!

Posted

Sweet. . .

I can't wait to play this game.

Infact, I'm gonna go beat Wind Waker again!

Posted

hey, goronmerchant's back!

As far as i can tell from the description, there will be other temples, it says you can gain more sand of time by defeating bosses, as in any other zelda game, i would conclude that these bosses are in other temples.

It looks as though this may be a very open-ended zelda game, which ought to be very interesting to see how it goes.

Posted

[b]LAME[/b]

Posted

I want to play the game to, but I dont want to buy Nintendo DS just because to play one game at the computer. If I hadnt got PSP I would buy DS now. I prefer DS than PSP. It wasnt so good idea to buy PSP :unsure: .
But I

Posted

I take it Flip hated Wind Waker?

Anyway...

Sands of Time = Prince of Persia.

Posted

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]I see.....................
anyways, it sounds really great! In any case, I don't think that they would have it timed for all the temples. That would make for a crappy zelda game that half of the gaming masses couldn't conquer just because of a stupid time-limit...... Plus, the ratings would go way down.... yeah......

Yours Truely,
:triforce:
Mr.Triforce[/color][/font]

Posted

[quote name='Daniel' post='43824' date='May 13 2007, 12:21 PM']But I

Posted

[quote name='Relean' post='43877' date='May 13 2007, 08:55 AM']I take it Flip hated Wind Waker?

Anyway...

Sands of Time = Prince of Persia.[/quote]

You are wrong =)

I liked it, it was the first GC game I played cos I got the limited edition platinum GC which came with Windwaker. But it was too chilidish for my liking, the graphics didn't help.