Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Wii did it.

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, so as I'm sitting here typing this, my dad's playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves in the living room. And I ask myself, How on earth did that happen? He HATED videogames. They were the reason for everything bad to happen. He despised my N64, my PS2 and my GC.

But he loves the Wii.

Now is when I realize that Nintendo achieved their goal: To bring non-gamer to the videogaming world.

A few years ago my dad used to play with me sometimes, but he got ticked off because of all the buttons to memorize and stuff. He stopped playing after 5 minutes. But and hour has passed and he's still playing Wario Ware.

It's almost incredible to hear him laugh and scream while playing.

Oh hell yeah. The Wii did it.

Posted

lol :D Yeah, the commercials also changed the way my parents think about Video Games, too. This is what they said: "Porque te interesa esos juegos, si neo te ayudan en la vida real?" (Why do those video games interest you? They aren't going to help you in the real world...)

Well...they might not be of much help in the real world, but that can't be enough to give video gas a bad name. Now, my parents actually WANT to buy it for me....though I'm probably guessing they want to play, too. :D

Posted

Lol same here.

My dad hates video games too but when I got the Wii and Twilight Princes.

And I was at the point at the game where you can go fishing my dad got fishing lol.

He hates video games but for some reason he likes to go fishing with the Wiimode. :D

But I'm still catching the bigger fishes :D

Posted

Now he even created his own file. ^_^

Posted

I got my mom into it. When I got my Wii, I made her play Trauma Center and she wouldnt stop playing!

She beat it...BEFORE ME! And my dad's the one who plays games with me, lol.

Now she pesters me to play TC and Rayman.

But, its good to see that the is doing its job. More players means more sales! ^-^ And less sony.

Posted

I Just got a Wii. Today. Yayz.

Still have yet to see if my famliy members will try it out. My sister asked me if I'd mind her playing it a bit. I said no. But I can't use it. YET :).

WII.

Posted

My parents hasen't really shown any interest for it.. I played a couple of rounds on wii sports with my dad though... anyway, I play it with my brithers and my sister also wants to try it when she comes home...

Posted

My mom obsesses over Fishing on the Dreamcast with the rod.

The Wii was /meant/ to bring non gamers into gaming.

Less buttons=Easier gameplay.

Posted

Exactly.

And WW: Smooth Moves is the pwnage.

Posted

I don't have wario smooth moves... I have Rayman though...

Posted

I'm loving this.

Now my dad's hooked on Red Steel, too.

Oh, and Eyeoftruth, you shoulg get her to play Rayman and see if she likes it.

Posted

lol awesome... maybe it's wario that is making him laugh lol idk...

Posted

I am sorry to say that my parents really don't give a crap about my wii. The only thing that they actually liked about the "little white box" was that it included the mii channel. They spent hours making characatures of their friends. Wii really did it! But not too much.....which gives me plenty of time on the Wii for myself.

Yours Truely,

:triforce:

Mr.Triforce

Posted

I'd be willing to bet there's going to be a game that will capture almost anybody's imagination, maybe it's only the wii channel for your parents, or that particular game hasn't come out yet/ you don't have it.

But i think it really works. It can be made simple to use, but can require skill at the same time, in many sense it takes things back to basics, which is the appeal.

I still havn't managed my dad to play on it yet, I've got my mum playing tennis and my older brothers playing bowling (he beat me first time :()

One of my older brothers is coming down at the beginning of july and he's REALLY looking forward to playing on it. We'd been talking about it before and he'd said something along the lines of "you sure you still want it despite the fact it doesn't have hi-def graphics?". He was trying to impress me with the fact he knew that, turns out he didn;t know anything about the controller :D

Posted

I got my Wii 7 days ago :D (Yay!!) :D but only have Wii sports and sonic.

My dad played Baseball when I was away, and when I got home he said "I got 5 home runs!" lol :D