Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Questions & Answers - Updated 6/4/07 2:52AM

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Have any questions about Hyrule Online? Post them here and I'll try to answer them. I'll try to add the most common ones into this post for easy reading.

[b]What exactly is Hyrule Online?[/b]
Hyrule Online is a Zelda MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) based on the Zelda game series. It is a downloadable game which you can install and run on your computer. It connects to a server so that you can play the multiplayer game online with many others and interact, chat, and combat.

[b]How much will it cost and [u]when will it be released[/u]?[/b]
It will be absolutely 100% FREE! There is currently not a release date although it is being worked on very hard and hopefully testing versions will be available soon for moderators to test out once the basic gameplay features are more complete (bomb animations need fixed, more items and weapons need added first). The game will probably be made public once there are a couple of quests ready, a decent sized map area made, and the basic game features are all basically working at least enough to not cause people problems. I REALLY want/need to get this public before the end of summer. The sooner the better so the difficult bugs can be worked out before classes start. Once classes start myself and other people helping and focus on the easuer things like mapping, quest creation, and adding features regularly.

[b]You avoided the question! When will it be released?[/b]
I don't know really. Before summer ends is ideal. However, I'm low on staff so any snag will cause problems with it. I need help getting this out and I currently don't have it so the project is hardly moving at this point. I'm burning out since I have no help. I know a LOT of people want to help, but unless you're EXTREMELY talented and qualified, it won't help. Read my post later in this thread about all of this.

[b]How many things will be in the game?[/b]
When the game launches there will be less features than I want but there will be regularly added stuff. Some things the game will have: Quests, monster fighting, bosses, mazes, a story, PVP (player vs player; this will likely be in designated arenas or in certain large areas), spells, weapons, items, experience, HP, MP, hidden secret things, mining for ore which you can sell for rupees or have blacksmithed into items, dungeons, and more as I can think of things or get suggestions. I used to play Runescape so that of course provides ideas too.

[b]Can you see/interact with others in the game?[/b]
Yes! You can see other players and also interact with them. You can fight them in certain areas, work on quests together, fight enemies together, trade, chat, and more.

Any other questions? Ask here and I'll update the list!

Posted

is it everyone that can see the staff section that test it our all moderators (chat and forum) or just forum?

Posted

any questions? ummm, shouldn't we just get rid of the other hyrule online forum now?

lol, no seriously, how many different things will there be to do on the game?

Posted

[quote name='gametap' post='45594' date='May 22 2007, 08:12 AM']is it everyone that can see the staff section that test it our all moderators (chat and forum) or just forum?[/quote]
ALL staff should be able to see the entire staff section. Comic artists can only see that section of the staff forum.

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='45601' date='May 22 2007, 11:34 AM']any questions? ummm, shouldn't we just get rid of the other hyrule online forum now?

lol, no seriously, how many different things will there be to do on the game?[/quote]
When the game launches there will be less features than I want but there will be regularly added stuff. Some things the game will have: Quests, monster fighting, bosses, mazes, a story, PVP (player vs player), spells, weapons, items, experience, HP, MP, hidden secret things, mining for ore which you can sell for rupees or have blacksmithed into items, dungeons, and more as I can think of things or get suggestions. I used to play Runescape so that of course provides ideas too. The game will probably be made public once there are a couple of quests ready, a decent sized map area made, and the basic game features are all basically working at least enough to not cause people problems.

Posted

So are anyone in staff/comic artists allowed to alpha/beta test it, or only staff?

Posted

I actually ment which moderators get to test it?? chat mods and forum mods or just forum mods or chat mods?

Posted

Any and all mods will be able to test it, including news submitters, etc.

Posted

ok thx! keep up the good work!!!!!

Posted

So I can alpha/beta it?!

Sweet.

I beta'd Guild Wars Factions, you know.

Posted

I don't know about you django because you can only see the comics part of the staff section... nes submitter and all mods can see all the other parts of the staff section..

Posted

I have a question,
If you are walking around in the game world, can you actually see and/or interact with other people who are playing the game at the same time as you?

Posted

[quote name='Twili' post='45777' date='May 23 2007, 01:24 AM']I have a question,
If you are walking around in the game world, can you actually see and/or interact with other people who are playing the game at the same time as you?[/quote]

yes you can you will be able to see other people who are playing it.

Posted

Im pretty sure you won't be able to play it Django, because you're only a comic submitter and can't see the rest of the staff section, sorry.

How detailed is the combat going to be?

Posted

[quote name='Twili' post='45777' date='May 23 2007, 01:24 AM']I have a question,
If you are walking around in the game world, can you actually see and/or interact with other people who are playing the game at the same time as you?[/quote]

Yes, you will be able to see an interact with all of the other players. You can fight them in certain areas, work on quests together, fight enemies together, and in some places you may need to do things with someone else or as a team to complete something. You can also chat and trade with others.

Posted

and will this be done by the end of fall?