Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

School Closed Down

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, basically my school was closed down at 2:30 pm because there was a chemical spill in one of the classrooms. That's not the problem though.

Sorry if this is rambling and hard to understand but it is a very complicated issue.

The problem is that I had to abandon my bag and pencil case; both of which contain very expensive equipment, like my $200 calculator.

Now, as my school has 2 campuses, and I attend 1 three days a week and the other for 2. I had to leave my things at the 2nd one because we weren't allowed back in the school grounds to collect them. And there's no way I can possibly get them until my second day there, on Friday. But I have an essay due tommorow, and I can't get to any of my books I need for the rest of the week.

So I am basically stuck. I can't do anything until Friday.

It's times like this I'm glad there's a Rants and raves section.

Posted

surely then you have a good excuse for not having the essay done?

it sucks not being able to get your stuff back until friday tho.

Posted

Man, that really sucks. At least you have a good excuse for not having your essay done.

Posted

well if anyone has heard of the san simeon earthquake in the year 2004 december... this is what happened to my middle school.... it was a 6.6 earthquake on the richterscale... anyway read on

PASO ROBLES EARTHQUAKE-DAMAGED MIDDLE SCHOOL

TO RECEIVE EMERGENCY PORTABLE CLASSROOMS,

ASSISTANCE WITH FUNDING ISSUES

SACRAMENTO

Posted

WOW, I actualy read all of that.

It sounded pretty bad.

Anyway, my english teacher is not the kindest person in the world, so I have to get marks deducted for it being late. Very annoying for something that I had no control over.

Also, I found out that what was spilled was mercury. That may not sound so bad, but there is a kit that you are supposed to put over it, but it expired 5 years ago, so some of the ageing chemicals reacted with the mercury to make a mild nerve gas. That was why it was evacuated.

Posted

yes it was pretty bad... our town clock tower collapsed... but it's finished being put up... we got another one... but there is a hold big hole in the parking lot of our library which releases sulfur gas... there is a hot spring underneath the library

Posted

Okay, basically my school was closed down at 2:30 pm because there was a chemical spill in one of the classrooms. That's not the problem though.

Sorry if this is rambling and hard to understand but it is a very complicated issue.

The problem is that I had to abandon my bag and pencil case; both of which contain very expensive equipment, like my $200 calculator.

Now, as my school has 2 campuses, and I attend 1 three days a week and the other for 2. I had to leave my things at the 2nd one because we weren't allowed back in the school grounds to collect them. And there's no way I can possibly get them until my second day there, on Friday. But I have an essay due tommorow, and I can't get to any of my books I need for the rest of the week.

So I am basically stuck. I can't do anything until Friday.

It's times like this I'm glad there's a Rants and raves section.

ohhhhh.... that sucks...

Posted

Both of you,Twili and Gametap,seem to have it pretty rough.They might say that you could have gotten information off the internet,Twili.Internet sources aren't as good as textbooks,but it's better than nothing.If they don't excuse you for the chemical spill,I guess the internet is here for you.Gametap,that just pretty much SUCKS.your school was oblitherated by an earthquake and you had to use portable classrooms?I didn't even know portable classrooms existed :huh: .That must have changed alot in your school.The screenshot looked like some one picked it up,ripped it apart,twisted it,and put it back.

Posted

Thats pretty bad...i'm sorry that happened to you gametap...