Worst Mistake You've Ever Made In Zelda?

96 posts in this topic

Posted

What is the worst mistake you have ever made in a Zelda game?

Mine /has/ to be when I forgot Saria's Song and became an adult and then I could get to the Forest Temple, which means Sheik would not move, which means I couldn't go back and learn it, darn

Posted

...I can't really think of any... :unsure:

Posted

I added 'In Zelda' to the end of the title, Just to be more clear on the topic.

I once somehow screwed up a dungeon in Lttp, by using all my keys in the wrong places and therefore couldnt go deeper into the dungeon, so I couldnt complete the dungeon, and the game.

I tried walkthroughs and everything - but I think eventually I had to just start over. (the entire game - not the dungeon)

Posted

ouch that's harsh, i gotta watch out for that as i go through the game, which dungeon was it?

As for saria's song, couldn't you just open the menu screen to see it there? where was it that you needed to play it and sheik wouldn't move? im confused :S

Posted

...Let's see...I think I had pretty muh the same problem as Zuzu, but in LoZ OoT. I had just become an adult (awesome, all happy and junk) And I went to my first dungeon (the Forest Temple) Everything seemed to be workin' out fine, until I used the wrong keys for the wrong doors and ended up at a dead end with all the locked doors I was supposed to go through :embarrassed: After that, I restarted it and got it the second time through :)

Posted

I remember when I first played OoT, I thought I made a mistake in the Water Temple where I had no way out ;so I deleted my current game, and started a new one, only to find out I didn't have to later on!

Posted

oh... that sucks... i've been stuck in zelda games many times but i eventually always find a way out :D

Posted

ouch that's harsh, i gotta watch out for that as i go through the game, which dungeon was it?

As for saria's song, couldn't you just open the menu screen to see it there? where was it that you needed to play it and sheik wouldn't move? im confused :S

I didn't learn the song, I completely skipped it by going to the Spirit Temple as a kid getting Bombchus, thereby not having to learn Saria's Song to play to Darunia to earn the Goron Bracelet, but since when you get the Silver Gauntlets, you automatically get the Goron Bracelet, so you can skip Saria's Song >_>:embarrassed:

Posted

oh that's lame...

Posted

I once used the bottle glitch in OoT and accidently replaced The Lens of Truth with a bottle. This was right after I got it too. . .

Posted

That... If I may say so..... Sucks as well......

Yours Truely,

:triforce:

Mr.Triforce

Posted

I think it was in the Water Temple in OoT... I always screwed up everything the first time... :embarrassed: Like using my keys in the wrong door and getting the water level up and down all the time... :embarrassed:

Posted

I once used the bottle glitch in OoT and accidently replaced The Lens of Truth with a bottle. This was right after I got it too. . .

You didn't really need the Lens of Truth in Ocarina of Time, Bongo Bongo's strategy is the same, hit both hands, and he comes slamming at you, when the hands get close, you him with your bow, very easy... and to find out where the invisible things were, just use a speedrun video to help you out there...

Posted

I accidentaly wandered off into the wrong temple in the first zelda game and ended up with a key,but realized that I was in the wrong f***ing temple,and went to the forest temple and had to deal with the fact that if I used my "extra" key in this place,I would end up with no more keys and would be stuck in the dungeon I got it from,with no way to go on,and would have to start all over again.

Posted

What is the worst mistake you have ever made in a Zelda game?

Mine /has/ to be when I forgot Saria's Song and became an adult and then I could get to the Forest Temple, which means Sheik would not move, which means I couldn't go back and learn it, darn

You have to have gotten it because you can't get the Goron Bracelet Without it.

I once somehow screwed up a dungeon in Lttp, by using all my keys in the wrong places and therefore couldnt go deeper into the dungeon, so I couldnt complete the dungeon, and the game.

I tried walkthroughs and everything - but I think eventually I had to just start over. (the entire game - not the dungeon)

I'm guessing that was the Dark Temple that replaces the one where you get the first pendant. I got stuck there too, but eventually found the key.

...Let's see...I think I had pretty muh the same problem as Zuzu, but in LoZ OoT. I had just become an adult (awesome, all happy and junk) And I went to my first dungeon (the Forest Temple) Everything seemed to be workin' out fine, until I used the wrong keys for the wrong doors and ended up at a dead end with all the locked doors I was supposed to go through :embarrassed: After that, I restarted it and got it the second time through :)

That was probably the one in the first room, on top of the tree.

All Zelda games are made in a linear way, so you can't stuff up with keys anywhere but the Gerudo Training Grounds.

Anyway, the place where I stuffed up/embarassed myself is in the Shadow Temple in OOT. For a while I was actually too scared to start it. :embarrassed: This was when I was like 8 though.