Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nervous About High School.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

As the title states, I'm a bit nervious (Even Scared) about going to High School next year.

I was talking to my sister today and found out she's already been high and drunk and its only her second year. . .Her friend has also already slept with a guy.

I guess I'm just afraid of being pressured into drugs, or getting drunk and finding out I ruined my life (Like finding out i got a girl pregneant.).

:nervouslink:

Posted

As the title states, I'm a bit nervious (Even Scared) about going to High School next year.

I was talking to my sister today and found out she's already been high and drunk and its only her second year. . .Her friend has also already slept with a guy.

I guess I'm just afraid of being pressured into drugs, or getting drunk and finding out I ruined my life (Like finding out i got a girl pregneant.).

that's weird, my bro is goin to highschool next year too.

Alls you gotta do is ignore pressure.

maybe listen to music.

I dunno, I've never been to highschool before.

don't worry merchant, from what I can tell of you, I don't think you will do anything like that. (especially the empregnation part)

Posted

Ok, let the voice of experience talk:

Haha, ok, just kiding about that.

When I was about to enter High School I was very nervous, you have no idea how much... And I was afrad of the same as you Merchant, to be pressed to drugs or having sex or anything...

But you have to understand something that helped me when I started: All the people that you're having classes with, and all the people who you'll meet and everything are nervous too, and are afraid of the same things and are living the same things that you

With time you'll get to know those people and you'll manage to get along with people like you.

And, if you don't want to get high, you don't have to. No one can make you do that! Remember!

Posted

it's not bad once you get to know people.. just don't let people toss you around... oh yea the ol' saying that if your teacher doesn't show up in 15 minutes you get to leave... it's a MYTH... well at my high school it is...

Posted

it's not bad once you get to know people.. just don't let people toss you around... oh yea the ol' saying that if your teacher doesn't show up in 15 minutes you get to leave... it's a MYTH... well at my high school it is...

In my school you can leave if the teacher doesn't show up 15 after the beggining of the class :D

Posted

It's really not that bad, the stuff you hear about people pressuring others is absolute worst case scenario's, and will probably never even happen to you.

I was nervous too, but you get used to it. It's... different.. Harder, of course, but not too hard if you're averagely intelligent.

Posted

In my school you can leave if the teacher doesn't show up 15 after the beggining of the class :D

same here, well in sixth form :D

Posted

i wouldn't worry about that. Once you get to know the people around you, they will accept it if you say no to alcohol or weed or whatever. and if they doesn't accept it, then you should just ignore them.

Posted

I wouldn't worry about it so much. I was nervous when I first started high school, but everything turned out okay.

Posted

Thanks guys. . . :D

Posted

hehe no problem=)

Posted

Honestly, I'm a little nervous about High School myself :P I've just got grade 8 and then I'm leavin'...I'm not worried much about peer pressure and beer (Cuz I'm allergic to beer lol, apparently beer has wheat in it, which I'm allergic to) and my brother has never drank or took drugs before (unless they were antibiotic) so I've got a good role model. I'm kinda sad that most of my friends aren't going to my High School, so I've got this sentence in my head that making friends in High School is harder then making friends in Grade School :s

Posted

High school isn't really scary...besides failing. :D The only way you can end up doing drugs and stuff like that is if you hang out with a bad crowd...

Posted

hang out with a bad crowd...

And those crowds always are in trouble, so if you stay out of trouble, you're far away of that crowd :D

Posted

Just as long as you pick your friends wisely, you shouldn't find yourself in bad situations. :)

I just stick mostly with friends I've met in junior high. :D