Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sigh... *Starts rant*

32 posts in this topic

Posted

:o G333 and Keaton agreeing on something! Now THAT is a first! :D

you noticed they disagree then, good one :D

I tend to disagree with ganondorf a lot too, just out of principle really....

Posted

1337 talk is over rated. I support good grammer but don't hate the PEOPLE who use 1337 speak or abreviations. because I often forget to capitalize, i would be insulting/hating myself :embarrassed: on a second note, why do people TXT when they can get they're mesage out faster by calling that particular person? seriosly, why we made a way to talk to our friends slower is beond me.

Posted

Programs such as Ventrilo, Teamspeak and Skype have been proving quite useful...

Posted

1337 talk is over rated. I support good grammer but don't hate the PEOPLE who use 1337 speak or abreviations. because I often forget to capitalize, i would be insulting/hating myself :embarrassed: on a second note, why do people TXT when they can get they're mesage out faster by calling that particular person? seriosly, why we made a way to talk to our friends slower is beond me.

Its cheaper. also you can give people the details to something which they then have a copy of (if they dont delete the message) whereas if you call them and tell them about something (example a party on the weekend), they may forget the details

Posted

AAGH! DEATH TO 1337 SPEAKERS!

[/rant]

Sorry, but I really hate 1337 speak. All my friends that use MSN etc. use it whenever they're typing.

What's worse, is the fact that sometimes they actually say "LOL" and "OMG". It destroys me.

And then they bag me out for using proper grammar!

Posted

Its cheaper. also you can give people the details to something which they then have a copy of (if they dont delete the message) whereas if you call them and tell them about something (example a party on the weekend), they may forget the details

:embarrassed: well i still think humans are getting stupider by the week :unsure:

Posted

You really do think people get stupider by the week?

I was checking out Attack of the Show; turns out there's a site called, "I hump things" dot com. It's a site dedicated to pictures of people humping objects. They were describing how the internet gets stupider and stupider, and hey, we have, ihumpthings.com...

Messed up stuff.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Sorry but if you think proper grammar is the root of your IQ on the internet you seriously need to stop being a stuck-up **** and i quote this picture xdgs9.gif (at least that's how i see it) Because it makes you seem like you think you're superior to them, which really does people who do have an IQ over 50 or whatever, but they don't type 'correctly' because they are either; joking, or cannot be bothered to type all formal or correctly. And it does sometimes ignite a flame war. I sometimes use '1337 speak/chatroom' typing style because i am bored or messing around. but that doesn't mean i am "stupid" or have an IQ under 50.

Posted

Well, I don't agree 100% with my sig, but I had to have some way to encourage better grammar while still retaining my constant internet laziness. It's getting harder and harder because some stupid stuff happened to my computer and now it sometimes skips letters if I type too fast. It's like someone sent a worm into my computers because he/she's mad at me for my proper grammar. Watch. I'm goig to type at a reglar pae in thissentence nd it's going to skip letters, space, or puncuation.

It's REALLY annoying typing like that. Either way, I don't onsider myself superior because I type better than some, I would only conside myself superior to someone else if they forced me to believe they are a completely crude, idiotic, violent person who has no respect for other beings solely because they think it's funny, (For themselves; not other people) and won't be phased by common sense. In other words, an a**hole.

I lashed out on this person because they thought my time used on typing was a waste. Sure, I could type like I used to a long time ago, but this way of typing has become a habit and a sign that I care for my internet being. I'm not labeled, "stupid", or a"noob". Indeed, chatspeak sounds stupid. I'm not saying the person using it is stupid, but lately I've been seeing friends using misspellings because they were influenced by the ones used on the internet. I don't like sounding like, "this lol omg wut r u gettin mad about"...

Sahaqiel

Posted

I agree completly. It's not stupid to do that or anything it's just that it's a tad annoying. in fact, i play runscape every once in a while and when I really need help or something I use 1337 speak so I get my message out faster.

Posted

AAGH! DEATH TO 1337 SPEAKERS!

[/rant]

Sorry, but I really hate 1337 speak. All my friends that use MSN etc. use it whenever they're typing.

What's worse, is the fact that sometimes they actually say "LOL" and "OMG". It destroys me.

And then they bag me out for using proper grammar!

People who type like that, not occasionally (Inform me NICELY if I'm being a hypocrite) Should take a look in the mirror, but instead if you say that to them, they just go spazzing - Nazi, most likely in Leet.

"Oh, yer not TRUE *Insert Country name here*!" Yeah, and what are you, Japa - Spa - Ger - Fren - Chin - (Etc) Nese?

Man, all this talk makes me miss chat. No. 1 Reason I'm looking forward to Hyrule Online.

And dude (Yeah you may be a girl but I say that to girls AND guys) I say: "lol" and stuff like that, in fact, most us do!!!!!!

Does that make you all hate all of us more?

Think about that.

Posted

I abandoned "lol" for "XD". It serves as an emote for me, so I don't really mind it as much. I never liked the size of the emotes making the text bar space bigger anyways. I still use proper grammar in chat, it's just the, "u r a noob for using proper grammar" part. I am used to reading aloud in my head, so whenever I get to the "lol" part, most of the time I hear, "lawl" in my head, which gives me some kind of, "Message error" feeling... O_o

Sahaqiel

Posted

True,1337 speak is OK,it's just that when you get called a "noob" for it,it can start a large fight.It's offensive.

Posted

He called you a noob because you were typing properly. ...I'm sorry, but the guy is a complete idiot, as I'm sure everyone has said! I mean, for me, I'm a fast typer, and I'm used to typing with good grammer, although I do say 'lol' alot :embarrassed: Basically all I say 'IM or msn-talk'-wise, is lol, brb, and g2g. Then again, I don't go on msn often. (Actually, ever since I didn't go on msn that much, I've typed with good grammar, I used to type like that Swedish guy, dark times...dark times..)

And its funny you should mention lol (when people are saying it as lawl) Sahaqiel, because around two weeks ago, I went to this Camp called Mini University (basically you go to a university and do a whole bunch of activities) and we all had camp counsellors. My group's camp counsellor was a total computer nerd! Everytime he would say either 'lawl', 'rofl', (pronounced raw-flle) or 'zomg' (pronounced zz-awm-geh), I found it really funny.

He even had a shirt that said 'i pwn noobs' (Yes, lower case 'I') Lol :)

Posted

I got really shocked reading your post! but then I noticed that the guy was swedish... :unsure: Never trust a swed.