Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm Afraid to get a New Boyfriend

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, this isn't exactly a rant, but I need serious help. Another point, I know I'm only 13 and most people will scoff at this, but I need help from those who will listen.

(Part 1)I started out with a boyfriend, let's call him Gray. When I found out he liked me and he found out I liked him, Gray told my friend that he only said he liked me to see me get hurt. I kicked him so hard he bled (Okay, that is a fault on my part) and then cried all the way home. That was just before spring break. When we all came back to school I completely ignored. Next he gave me a note. Gray appolagized (sp) and asked me to be his girlfriend. Still mad at him, I ignored him. To make a long story short, after three more notes he broke into my heart and I said yes.

(Part 2)We went out for the rest of the school year and into the summer. But for some strange reason we ignored each other in public. It kinda didn't bother me. But during the summer I felt that I didn't love him anymore. When the school year started I broke up with him. After that I fell into a state of what felt like deppresion. I stopped eating and sleeping. He asked me out three more times and I finally said yes.

(Part 3) He went back to ignoring me, only this time I didn't want him to. I tried to get him to pay a little attention to me. but he wouldn't. Other big things happened in my life and I felt worse then ever. I started, please don't judge me too hard, cutting. A month later he broke up with me. There had bee a slightly different feeling the 2nd time we went out and i wasn't suprised and that upset. But i accedentally let it slip that i cut.

(Part 4) Gray told me he was going to tell the counslers at our school. After a fair amount of begging i semi-accepted what he was going to do, I had no idea what else he had planned. Instead of telling the counslers he told his friends at lunch one day. I couldn't believe it. I hated him, truely.

(Part The End) Now everytime I see I guy I like and I think it would be cool if he asked me out, I remember all the ways Gray hurt me. The way he ignored me I'm terrafied that if I tell him a secret he'll just tell his friends. :cry: Can someone help me? Maybe some words of comfort?

P.S.

I don't cut anymore, my parents found out....

Posted

No one is rushing you into a new relationship, its natural to take some time off after a relationship fails, particularly if its a bad break up.

Take your time, you will find a new boyfriend somewhere down the road.

Posted

WHOAH... :wacko: My advice may not be very good, but I would say to take 4-12 months to recover from "Gray" and just be single. If you are pressured to date, and you feel secure enough with the boy you want to date, then don't go rushing into the relationship. Ease into it, try to become regular friends first, and if he doesn't think of you as a girlfriend then just stay friends. Then take a few weeks before looking for a boyfriend again.

By the way, I try not to judge people based on what they do or have done. :biggrin:

...And all of that coming from the mouth of an 11-year-old who has absolutley NO experience with relationships!! :D:huh:

Posted

Okay, this isn't exactly a rant, but I need serious help. Another point, I know I'm only 13 and most people will scoff at this, but I need help from those who will listen.

(Part 1)I started out with a boyfriend, let's call him Gray. When I found out he liked me and he found out I liked him, Gray told my friend that he only said he liked me to see me get hurt. I kicked him so hard he bled (Okay, that is a fault on my part) and then cried all the way home. That was just before spring break. When we all came back to school I completely ignored. Next he gave me a note. Gray appolagized (sp) and asked me to be his girlfriend. Still mad at him, I ignored him. To make a long story short, after three more notes he broke into my heart and I said yes.

(Part 2)We went out for the rest of the school year and into the summer. But for some strange reason we ignored each other in public. It kinda didn't bother me. But during the summer I felt that I didn't love him anymore. When the school year started I broke up with him. After that I fell into a state of what felt like deppresion. I stopped eating and sleeping. He asked me out three more times and I finally said yes.

(Part 3) He went back to ignoring me, only this time I didn't want him to. I tried to get him to pay a little attention to me. but he wouldn't. Other big things happened in my life and I felt worse then ever. I started, please don't judge me too hard, cutting. A month later he broke up with me. There had bee a slightly different feeling the 2nd time we went out and i wasn't suprised and that upset. But i accedentally let it slip that i cut.

(Part 4) Gray told me he was going to tell the counslers at our school. After a fair amount of begging i semi-accepted what he was going to do, I had no idea what else he had planned. Instead of telling the counslers he told his friends at lunch one day. I couldn't believe it. I hated him, truely.

(Part The End) Now everytime I see I guy I like and I think it would be cool if he asked me out, I remember all the ways Gray hurt me. The way he ignored me I'm terrafied that if I tell him a secret he'll just tell his friends. :cry: Can someone help me? Maybe some words of comfort?

P.S.

I don't cut anymore, my parents found out....

It sounds like you made a mistake letting Gray get to you, but you need to forget about him. He sounds like a jerk, though he did try to get you help when you were cutting.

The important thing for you to do is not think every guy you date will end up like Gray. Choose wisely who you let into your heart. . .

Posted

First off, you used to cut...

Why? What drives people to cut? How does nearly killing themselves help?

Second, I have no helpful advice but maybe to test a few out (NOT BY DATING SEVERAL AT A TIME.) and see how each one is.

Posted

Thanks everyone, I'm going to do my best to get over this thing.

First off, you used to cut...

Why? What drives people to cut? How does nearly killing themselves help?

I was just really sad, it calmed me. Now I'm just sad and stressed.

Posted

I see.

Sorry if I incited something unpleasant.

But, see above suggestion.

Posted

Second, I have no helpful advice but maybe to test a few out (NOT BY DATING SEVERAL AT A TIME.) and see how each one is.

When I'm ready I will. i have to face this fear at one point.

Posted

I had a problem like that before... but less hurting.

I really liked this guy, and he ask me to be his girlfriend and then he broke up with me the next day... Things like that start happening between us for 2 years. In the end, I realized that he was moving on with his life, and that I had to do the same with mine...

After meeting him, I was afraid that other guys did the same thing (breaking with me after a day of "relationship"). Unfortunately, that did happen with another two guys... I thought that it was "my faith" with guys... but finally I decided that not all guys were like that. After that, I give this guy a chance because I wasn't sure if I it was going to last... The first week I was very scared, but then I opened with him.

We lasted for two months, and even if I didn't loved him like the first guy I really had a good time with him.

You only need tiem to recover, and if you really believe that soemthign that happend with a guy, you should go for it girl!

That's my advice :biggrin:

Posted

*WARNING* This is coming from the computer of a 12 year old girl, who is in an all-girls class but is in a co-ed school. No experience with relationships.

1. Not all guys are like this. Forget about him!

2. Take a break from such. Don't be pressured to go back to dating.

3. When you do want a boyfriend again, make sure that this guy actually loves you!