Beta.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

and if you remember correctly, tons of people complained about it being delayed, make your flipping minds up...

I don't get how OoT would seem more realisticto you...I was going to give a couple of reasons for that but I forgot them, so that doesn't help....

Posted

I think the opposite. I think TP would of been better if they hadn't of spent so much time on it. If they released it sooner, they would never of removed so much. It would of been a lot more similar to the first trailer.

OoT seemed more practical in a lot of ways. For instance, getting to the desert. That was just stupid in TP. Getting down to and up from Lake Hylia was also really dumb.

Posted

yer, that was pretty annoying but I also think the whole game would've ended up shorter if they hadn't spent as much time on it, for one thing, try to remember just how long TP is.

Posted

Yes, but Majora's Mask was short, and it is a great game.

Twilight Princess may have been long, but length is nothing when it is so easy.

Now LttP was one of the best becasue it was both hard and long. The ice dungeon being an example of both.

Posted

Yer, to be honest the only thing that really bugs me about Twilight Princess is the difficulty level being so low...

Posted

yer, that was pretty annoying but I also think the whole game would've ended up shorter if they hadn't spent as much time on it, for one thing, try to remember just how long TP is.

Remember, before they delayed it another year they said it was 100 hours, but afterwards it was cut down to 70 hours.

Posted

You really think they had a longer game then cut it down? They just overestimated how long the finished product would take...

Posted

Yer, to be honest the only thing that really bugs me about Twilight Princess is the difficulty level being so low...

I'm always Optimistic on things like this.

I agree With Goron Merchant. Having that HUGE Hyrule Field would've kicked @$$!!!!!!!! And did you notice in that trailer how they had the ORIGINAL Link Voice? Taking that away COMPLETLY Changed it.

Now, for the optimistic part.

Yes, it looks good. But have you ever thought of how TP would have gone wrong IN SO MANY WAYS if it had been released early? For Example, you can't just RULE out the MAIN Factor that some of that stuff was taken out was the delay. There are many other reasons too. Ever heard of Bugs? Not the Living kind, the kind that reside in games? What about those? I didn't see you thinking about how THAt could've been a reason why they took away from the game.

ANOTHER Reason is that some of that stuff might not have really fit into the game (Example: Smasquanch).

For more reasons, I'd have to look at more trailers and screenshots.

Now, For Diving I can't explain. Neither can I explain the huge forest or fishing pond. Go ask Miyamoto.

But these factors factor (Pun intended) In. There isn't just delay that get's rid of things. There's bugs, and how it wouldn't fit on the game (E.g Samspuanch and the Magic Meter, though I can't explain for GC) But I CAN Explain for GC the fact of the Magic Armor.

With the magic armor, people would complain because you'd have a small magic meter, and you can't just say "They could use the doubled one from WW" Because HOW DO YOU KNOW they were going to include that?

In contrast, there really wasn't many things that the Magic Meter could be used for. If you think otherwise, go create a Topic on it.

Now, back to the forum.

Posted

TP wasn't really that easy... It was actually quite simillar difficulty level as Oot...

Posted

I was thinking about that this morning actually, I never did find Ocarina that difficult either.

We need new, original mind bending puzzles that will take weeks of collaberating on these forums to put our minds together to solve. That''s kinda what Miyamoto wanted to do with the first Zelda game which is why it's so expansive and hard.

Posted

We need new, original mind bending puzzles that will take weeks of collaberating on these forums to put our minds together to solve.

That would be nice, but it would probably not sell aswell as a game with TP's challenging level would do...

Posted

I'm always Optimistic on things like this.

I agree With Goron Merchant. Having that HUGE Hyrule Field would've kicked @$$!!!!!!!! And did you notice in that trailer how they had the ORIGINAL Link Voice? Taking that away COMPLETLY Changed it.

Now, for the optimistic part.

Yes, it looks good. But have you ever thought of how TP would have gone wrong IN SO MANY WAYS if it had been released early? For Example, you can't just RULE out the MAIN Factor that some of that stuff was taken out was the delay. There are many other reasons too. Ever heard of Bugs? Not the Living kind, the kind that reside in games? What about those? I didn't see you thinking about how THAt could've been a reason why they took away from the game.

ANOTHER Reason is that some of that stuff might not have really fit into the game (Example: Smasquanch).

For more reasons, I'd have to look at more trailers and screenshots.

Now, For Diving I can't explain. Neither can I explain the huge forest or fishing pond. Go ask Miyamoto.

But these factors factor (Pun intended) In. There isn't just delay that get's rid of things. There's bugs, and how it wouldn't fit on the game (E.g Samspuanch and the Magic Meter, though I can't explain for GC) But I CAN Explain for GC the fact of the Magic Armor.

With the magic armor, people would complain because you'd have a small magic meter, and you can't just say "They could use the doubled one from WW" Because HOW DO YOU KNOW they were going to include that?

In contrast, there really wasn't many things that the Magic Meter could be used for. If you think otherwise, go create a Topic on it.

Now, back to the forum.

That was a great post. I enjoyed reading that a lot. ^_^

Oh, and he had the doubled magic meter on the back of the box. (Did you notice the little magic meter on the screenshots on the back of the box?)

Posted

That was a great post. I enjoyed reading that a lot. ^_^

Oh, and he had the doubled magic meter on the back of the box. (Did you notice the little magic meter on the screenshots on the back of the box?)

On the back of the TP box, right? I don't have that green bar on the screenshots that are on the box....

Posted

I have it on my box. I think they started to erase it on the newer games. The first couple of the games made have it.

Posted

I have it on my box. I think they started to erase it on the newer games. The first couple of the games made have it.

That's wierd. :unsure: