Beta.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

You see, that's why Twilight Princess is my favourite game, because there's so much stuff to do like that, one slightly annoying thing though is some of the really cool but short random things are non-repeatable, such as jousting, trying to hold onto Epona and especially the sumo wrestling.

Posted

I think there should of been a place in Castle Town where you could sign up for jousting tournaments, and swordfighting tournaments, and maybe even Sumo.

Posted

I liked tht quest were you have to protect Telma and Illia from pursuers, and if the carriage caught on fire, you'de put it out with the gale boomerang. There should have been more missions were you had to protect someone.

Posted

Yeah. Once you finished TP, all you could really do is re-fight Ganondorf, play: the stargame, Yeti Snowboarding, fish, Rapid Ride etc.

There wasn't actually that much stuff to do; as in, the minigames didn't change. Like there could be different routes down Snowpeak Mountain.

Or another idea is to restart the game with all of your items. :D

Posted

What also disappointed me was in an EGM interview, Miyamoto stated that at night time, the monsters would double and get scarier, and it would be as dark as real nighttime. It would be nearly impossible to see without your lantern, that way, it would have to be used a lot more than in other games.

That would of been freakin' spectacular.

Posted

Yea tp is naot that hard of a game the hardest zelda ive played was idono mm i think

Posted

I liked tht quest were you have to protect Telma and Illia from pursuers, and if the carriage caught on fire, you'de put it out with the gale boomerang. There should have been more missions were you had to protect someone.

That part gave me a headache :embarrassed: It was tough! But, it made it good!

Posted

Wow, i wonder why they took this out of the game. When you get the Gale Boomerang the fairy of winds tells you that if you charge power into the boomerang it will create a gust of wind. Well you don't really need to charge power into it. The gust comes automatically. So I checked some of my TP videos from 2005, and in the first demo of the game you had to hold down the boomerang button for 2 seconds before a gust of wind came out of it. Interesting, huh?

Posted

I'm suprised no one has talked about my "More TP Beta Creatures" Discovery...

I have an idea...For starters, why don't they take every beta thing from TP and put it in the next Wii Zelda?

Posted

TP has a bit of OoT beta. (Reed Whistles, sword combat on horse,)

Posted

So i is plausible then.

Also, I heard somewhere that Midna may be in Zelda Wii. If it's true; there's an even better chance of that happening.

Posted

Man. I thought we were done with Midna. I mean, she's a cool character, but if they keep bringing her back every game, than that ain't coo.

Posted

Depends how well they keep it up doesn't it? I mean link keeps coming back every game, Ganon/Ganondorf comes back a lot too...

Posted

That forest looked unbeleivable. Man, I'd give so much to roam around the Hyrule from the first trailer. It was so big. A field that youcouldn't see the other side of. And it wasn't covered in those wierd rock walls with trees on top that have been used since ALTTP to divide areas. TP had too much of that.

I have to admit, from the look of the first trailer, "The New Zelda Game," as it was known back than, looked like it didn't have much of a story, and was pretty much free roaming. Of course, they didn't have any story yet anyway. But I'd still choose that over TP.

It would be so great to just ride Epona from one end of that Hyrule to the other. And to make your way through that giant forest. Amazing. I can't even remember how long I would just repeatedly watch the scene where the camera was way far back and you just saw this endless field as Link rode past a large rocks. The edge of the forest was visible in the distance and there was a tower that you could barely see making its way to the horizon. And I think thats the old Death Mountain in the very back. So beautiful. Link rode past this gorgeous place on his way to wage war with an army of Bulbins. [1:06]

I've gotta say, TP did have its beautiful moments like this. Like first rafting down the Zora River and looking up at the Eldin Bridge far above you. And particularly from the beginning to the third temple.

Here it is. I looked on YouTube and found this. The breathtaking first trailer of "The New Zelda Game That Never Was.":

*Sigh.*

WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING AFTER I WATCHED THAT!!!!I remember the very first time I saw that video I thought it was supposed to be a remake of the original "The Legend of Zelda",because at the end that's really the only name it had.I later abandoned the idea and called it the new zelda game.

Posted

There first time i saw it I was with my friend Jacob and we decided to download it. Back then, he was a big Zelda Fan, now he's a XBox fanatic.