Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Largest Zelda World

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not sure if there's a topic that's already like this, but if there is I didn't know.

To get back to the topic, I've been wondering, what is the largest Zelda world? I remember they said that it would take you 45 minutes to get around the TP world, or something like that. I think the minutes, they said, went down. TP's world was large, but I keep thinking that Wind Waker's world was the largest since it is a whole ocean.

I know there are some people who say that WW's world was mostly emptiness, but it still seems like it takes forever to get from one island to the next.

Posted

probably the wind waker world

Posted

think the TP world was biger, though people might belive the WW one is bigger because it's mostly ocean, and it feels like it takes forever to get to an island... :tongue:

Posted

I gotta agree with the Great Sea being the largest. . .

I wonder how long it takes to get from one side to the other. . .

Posted

depends really, of actual detailled area it would be twilight princess easily, but if you're just talking about the area you can go accross, although most of it being sea, it would be wind waker.

Posted

Though, if you went from the Gerudo Mesa to Snow Peak, it'd be a different story.

Posted

I would have to say TP.

I don't think WW was biggest. The islands were small, and spread out. Sure it may have taken up more space from the bottom of the map to the top but it was full of nothingness. Plus you could warp, which made things seem a lot smaller for me.

Posted

you could warp in Twilight Princess as well though

and snowboard, thought I'd just bring that awesomeness up again, just remembered it after snowpeak was mentioned

Posted

The whole Great Sea, in the game, covers all of Hyrule. Imagine how big Hyrule must've been before it flooded. :huh:

It would've been cool if TP's world was as large as WW, minus the ocean.

Posted

The whole Great Sea, in the game, covers all of Hyrule. Imagine how big Hyrule must've been before it flooded. :huh:

It would've been cool if TP's world was as large as WW, minus the ocean.

I would have to say, as much as I hate It and Don't count it as an actual Zelda game (I don't care how much anyone else says it is, IT'S NOT.) I Would have to say WW's World. Though may I state a few points? Point number one: How many locales did WW have that made up for all of the sea? Point 2: I agree with that person, did you notice how SMALL The Islands Were? Point Number three: Did you notice how most of the enemies reconcile on ISLANDS? Point Four: Did you notice how there were a lack of the many races?

So, In contrast, YES, WW is the biggest in it's mass of the WORLD, but how does it make up for that? Therefore, since it DIDN'T Make up for a lot of it, 80% Of it (In my view) Is PURE nothingness, just really water.

Considering those consequences, Twilight Princess is the Biggest. you can't just judge a game's land by it's mass. You also have to judge the size of every Village, where the enemies were, and how it sticks to it's original cast of characters.

Therefore, WW Succeeds in terms of playability (For some) AND Mass, but in everything else, in my view, It's awfully lacking of CORE ZELDA ELEMENTS. (As shown in my four points) Therefore, aside from Zelda II, WW is the SECOND most NON - Zelda game out there. Oh, and you can't judge it by how it keeps it's original gameplay factors from other games.

Reasons why WW Is the second most UN - Zelda - ish game:

1. You SAIL. In all the others (INCLUDING Zelda II) You walk, or traverse on Horse, NOT SAIL.

2. The Towns are SMALL Compared to those in any other Zelda game (Except in Zelda II) (Zelda 1 doesn't count)

3. It lacks enemies all over the place.

4. It doesn't make up for it's huge mass of sea.

In those ways, Twilight Princess, Dare I Say, "PWNS" Wind Waker.

Making IT one of (Since people say OoT Is more of it that Twilight Princess) THE BEST Zelda games ever created.

I leave this open for Disscussion.

Posted

Reasons why WW Is the second most UN - Zelda - ish game:

1. You SAIL. In all the others (INCLUDING Zelda II) You walk, or traverse on Horse, NOT SAIL.

2. The Towns are SMALL Compared to those in any other Zelda game (Except in Zelda II) (Zelda 1 doesn't count)

3. It lacks enemies all over the place.

4. It doesn't make up for it's huge mass of sea.

In those ways, Twilight Princess, Dare I Say, "PWNS" Wind Waker.

Making IT one of (Since people say OoT Is more of it that Twilight Princess) THE BEST Zelda games ever created.

I leave this open for Disscussion.

Here we go again... of course the legend of zelda: wind waker is a zelda game... just because you don't ride a horse doesn't mean it's not a zelda game...

Here's 5 reasons why WW is a ZELDA game:

1. It's called the legend of Zelda... obvious...

2. It contains some of tloz series most recognizable character; Ganon, Zelda, King of Hyrule and... Link.

3. It contains the true Zelda spirit. ( young village boy, get's weapon, sets out to save the world)

4. You collect classic Zelda weapons (Hero's Bow, Master Sword, Bombs, Fire/Ice/Light arrows ect. ect.)

5. The gameplay is Zelda-ish. (the fighting, the dungeons and the controll...)

5 good reasons > 4 bad reasons...

Posted

Here we go again... of course the legend of zelda: wind waker is a zelda game... just because you don't ride a horse doesn't mean it's not a zelda game...

Here's 5 reasons why WW is a ZELDA game:

1. It's called the legend of Zelda... obvious...

2. It contains some of tloz series most recognizable character; Ganon, Zelda, King of Hyrule and... Link.

3. It contains the true Zelda spirit. ( young village boy, get's weapon, sets out to save the world)

4. You collect classic Zelda weapons (Hero's Bow, Master Sword, Bombs, Fire/Ice/Light arrows ect. ect.)

5. The gameplay is Zelda-ish. (the fighting, the dungeons and the controll...)

5 good reasons > 4 bad reasons...

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! DING DING DING!!!!! :tongue: LOL. :lol:

Yeah, shoulda thought of those reasons. Sorry for being so stubborn on how BAD It was and never thought of those reasons.

You really opened my eyes, EOT.

Thanks. Other times we really just got into an argument. This time, you supported with reasons.

Now, If everyone who argued about games would just support their opinion with REASONS WHY THEY THINK THAT, Maybe people would understand more.

I Think I'm being a Hypocrite, for which I Apologize, but I'm not sure. I think others would go with the first option though. :lol:

Posted

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! DING DING DING!!!!! :tongue: LOL. :lol:

Yeah, shoulda thought of those reasons. Sorry for being so stubborn on how BAD It was and never thought of those reasons.

You really opened my eyes, EOT.

Thanks. Other times we really just got into an argument. This time, you supported with reasons.

Now, If everyone who argued about games would just support their opinion with REASONS WHY THEY THINK THAT, Maybe people would understand more.

I Think I'm being a Hypocrite, for which I Apologize, but I'm not sure. I think others would go with the first option though. :lol:

Thank you HT, finally =) It took half a year to convert you, but it was worth it :biggrin:

Posted

Lol. :D

Posted

The best reason as to why anything is a proper zelda game, because Shigsy says so (and in the same sweep, that menas the CD-i games don't count :D)