Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Largest Zelda World

40 posts in this topic

Posted

The best reason as to why anything is a proper zelda game, because Shigsy says so (and in the same sweep, that menas the CD-i games don't count :D)

hehe yeah i shoul've put that one there...

Posted

and doesn't king of red lions replace substitute epona sisce horses can't walk on water?

Posted

and doesn't king of red lions replace substitute epona since horses can't walk on water?

Hm....

Lemme try that thingy you just did....

hi! HELLO!!!!!!!

Posted

Here we go again... of course the legend of zelda: wind waker is a zelda game... just because you don't ride a horse doesn't mean it's not a zelda game...

Here's 5 reasons why WW is a ZELDA game:

1. It's called the legend of Zelda... obvious...

2. It contains some of tloz series most recognizable character; Ganon, Zelda, King of Hyrule and... Link.

3. It contains the true Zelda spirit. ( young village boy, get's weapon, sets out to save the world)

4. You collect classic Zelda weapons (Hero's Bow, Master Sword, Bombs, Fire/Ice/Light arrows ect. ect.)

5. The gameplay is Zelda-ish. (the fighting, the dungeons and the controll...)

5 good reasons > 4 bad reasons...

Well done!

Posted

depends really, of actual detailled area it would be twilight princess easily, but if you're just talking about the area you can go accross, although most of it being sea, it would be wind waker.

I agree completely, totally, and without restraint. :joy:

Posted

Ok, WW's ocean takes approx. 7:00 to get across the map (no giant octorocs, no enemy fights, no Island stopps, no treasure hunting, Full wind) sience it is 7 squares across and 7 squares down I'd say a full circle of the map would take about 28 miniutes.

TP's map takes approximately (From Ordon Ranch to Zora's Domain, on horseback) 10 miniutes (but that has all the twists and turns that a map like that needs, but that still would only subtract about 2 miniutes, and other routes take longer, like from Death mountain to Snowpoint)

My analysis: In overall size WW is slightly larger, but in time from point 'A' to point 'b' and complexity it is TP's hands down.

Personal opinion: The complexitys add to the size of a map, that U-turn path in Hyrule field requires programing, texturing and all that, and if you streched all the curvy paths into one long path TP's map wins, you can't debate it.

Also in TP, you can go only where the land is, in WW you travel an ocean, if you clumped all the land into one massive island, and couldn't walk beyond it's boarders, the WW map would be about 3x the size of Crescent island in OOA.

for those two reasons I consider TP's map larger,

Posted

After hearing what JLRTENJAC said, I think WW world is much bigger...

Even if there's a lot of water, you can find treasures and have battles in your boat. There are a lot of things in the ocean

Posted

I don't know JLRTENJAC has convinced me that the two are pretty close. . .

Posted

As Zoe said, there is alot of things to do in WW hyrule to, so both of the worlds are pretty complex=)

Posted

It also deprnds on wheather or not you consiter the Dungeons and caves, etc. to add to the map size.

WW has 7 dungeons (Forsaken Fortress, Dragon Roost cavern, Forbidden woods, Tower of the gods, EarthTemple, Wind temple and Ganon's tower.) several caves, hyrule castle and the path between it and Ganon's Tower. You also have to remember some of the Islands are very small, like Tingle's Island.

TP though has, 8 dungeons (Goron mines, Forest Temple, Water Temple, Greudo place, The Mansion on Snowpoint, The heavens, the Twilight relm, and Hyrule castle) it also has many caves, also, vast changes in terrain, from a lsrge desert, to a snowy mountain, all with their own smaller areas.

Most of the stuff in WW is searching for treasure in the sea, whearas in TP, most of the tresure you find you have to go through a cave or something like that to find it.

I still have to vote TP.

Posted

Out of sheer and overpowering boredom, I present

Ganondorf333's "How long it takes to get from the bottom to the top of every 3d Zelda map" thing.

THE WIND WAKER(From very bottom of map to very top):

7 min. 26.27 sec in boat.

TWILIGHT PRINCESS (from southernmost point of Ordon Ranch to northernmost point of Zora's Domain):

On horse, going left around Castle Town (Right on the GC version): 5 min 12.43 sec.

On horse, going right around Castle Town (Left on GC version): 5 min 0.96 sec.

As Wolf Link, going left around Castle Town (Right on GC version): 6 min 48.46 sec.

As Wolf Link, going right around Castle Town (Left on GC version): 6 min 3.01 sec

As normal Link (walking/rolling), going left around Castle Town (Right on GC version): 10 min 3.00 sec.

As normal Link (walking/rolling), going right around Castle Town (Right on GC version): 8 min 10.95 sec.

OCARINA OF TIME (from warp point at Lake Hylia to the Gate to Hyrule Castle or the entrance to Ganon's Castle):

As Adult Link on horse: 2 min 15.81 sec.

As Adult Link (walking/rolling): 2 min 49.42 sec

As Adult Link (walking/rolling) with Hover Boots: 2 min 49.29 sec.

As Young Link (walking/rolling): 3 min 23.71 sec.

MAJORA'S MASK (from owl statue at Southern Swamp to certain part of Snowhead):

On horse: 2 min 13.20 sec

As normal Link (walking/rolling): 3 min 6.43 sec

With Bunny Hood: 2 min 26.20 sec

As Deku Link (walking/spinning): 2 min 49.65 sec.

As Goron Link (walking/rolling): 1 min 40.62 sec.

As Zora Link (walking/rolling): 2 min 46.95 sec.

Yes, I did that. All of that. You better all be thankful, it took me a long time. Even though it only measures the vertical distance, I'm proud of it. You may draw your own conclusions.

Posted

:mellow:

*Claps.*

Posted

i vote for TP :unsure:

Posted

Out of sheer and overpowering boredom, I present

Ganondorf333's "How long it takes to get from the bottom to the top of every 3d Zelda map" thing.

THE WIND WAKER(From very bottom of map to very top):

7 min. 26.27 sec in boat.

TWILIGHT PRINCESS (from southernmost point of Ordon Ranch to northernmost point of Zora's Domain):

On horse, going left around Castle Town (Right on the GC version): 5 min 12.43 sec.

On horse, going right around Castle Town (Left on GC version): 5 min 0.96 sec.

As Wolf Link, going left around Castle Town (Right on GC version): 6 min 48.46 sec.

As Wolf Link, going right around Castle Town (Left on GC version): 6 min 3.01 sec

As normal Link (walking/rolling), going left around Castle Town (Right on GC version): 10 min 3.00 sec.

As normal Link (walking/rolling), going right around Castle Town (Right on GC version): 8 min 10.95 sec.

OCARINA OF TIME (from warp point at Lake Hylia to the Gate to Hyrule Castle or the entrance to Ganon's Castle):

As Adult Link on horse: 2 min 15.81 sec.

As Adult Link (walking/rolling): 2 min 49.42 sec

As Adult Link (walking/rolling) with Hover Boots: 2 min 49.29 sec.

As Young Link (walking/rolling): 3 min 23.71 sec.

MAJORA'S MASK (from owl statue at Southern Swamp to certain part of Snowhead):

On horse: 2 min 13.20 sec

As normal Link (walking/rolling): 3 min 6.43 sec

With Bunny Hood: 2 min 26.20 sec

As Deku Link (walking/spinning): 2 min 49.65 sec.

As Goron Link (walking/rolling): 1 min 40.62 sec.

As Zora Link (walking/rolling): 2 min 46.95 sec.

Yes, I did that. All of that. You better all be thankful, it took me a long time. Even though it only measures the vertical distance, I'm proud of it. You may draw your own conclusions.

I've never seen that level of boredom before... :huh:

Anyway, that does help debate this topic. :) Thanks. So WW doesn't beat TP by much time, huh?...only about a minute.

Posted

I've never seen that level of boredom before... :huh:

Anyway, that does help debate this topic. :) Thanks. So WW doesn't beat TP by much time, huh?...only about a minute.

If you haven't seen that level of boredom work the ticket stand at a movie theater on a slow day... I ran around it in circles for like an hour just for fun. Zzz

But that's beside the point, Thanks for the info Ganondorf333