Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

help deciding

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I really want to get zelda twilight princess I have wanted it since the E3 2004 trailer.The problem is this I was just going to get the gamecube version but then I saw the Wii version and how it is suposed to be better in someway I am planning on getting a Wii this christmas but should I get it for the Wii? or should I just go ahead and pre order the gamecube version?

Posted

Well, I wouldnt want to make any decisions for you but here is what is going on:

TP's version of Wii is going to have alot more features then the gamecube version. You actually getting the feeling of what your doing. For example, you can actually feel the motions of fishing like in Oot. It's really interesting. Plus, like any controller, you get not one but two to control which may make it difficult in some cases. You may not be able to tell which your supposed to be using and which one your not.

I hope I was as much help to you as I possibly can!

Posted

that's about it though really. Other than the controler features on the wii version the two should be exactly the same (although the graphics might be better on the wii version. They're also both coming out on the same date so it's really down to you whether you want to get twilight princess as soon as it comes out or wait until christmas and get it with the wii...

Posted

i've had the same problem.

but i realy want to experience zelda in a new way.

so i'm going to buy wii with tp.

i'm hoping that we're getting a BIG bonus..

like hmm zelda soundtrack or a disk with all classic games of zelda.

Yaah :] that would be very nice :D

Posted

Im happy with the controller functions, although in the end i might get both to compare them, i don;t think they'd be likely to give away anything extra with the wii version, if they do give something away with twilight princess it would probabbly be with the gamecube version as well.

Posted

Im happy with the controller functions, although in the end i might get both to compare them, i don;t think they'd be likely to give away anything extra with the wii version, if they do give something away with twilight princess it would probabbly be with the gamecube version as well.

ya, but if it is going to be a whole pack Wii+tp B)

then you might get something right?

Posted

The problem is, I read an article by someone who played it at E3, and , though I'm still getting the Wii version he said he was a little disappointed.

He used the fishing game to illustrate this. According to this guy, you do go through the motions of casting, yes, but the line still follows a scripted route, no different than if you had just mashed a button. He says casting harder or softer has no affect on the route. It also does the same thing with bobber mode. You can shake it right or left, but it follows a scriped route.

If the whole game is like that then the GC version may actually end up being the better one.

P.S. In the E3 demo he said there is no way to control the camera...

the article is here: http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=533

Posted

considering the game isn't being entirely redone with the controller, it's only to be expected that it'll be scripted motions, doesn;t mean the gamecube would be any better because it would have the same scripted motions.

However, with the wii controller you'd pull off those motions in a more natural way that feels more realistic, so it still stands as an advantage...

Posted

The problem is, I read an article by someone who played it at E3, and , though I'm still getting the Wii version he said he was a little disappointed.

P.S. In the E3 demo he said there is no way to control the camera...

the article is here: http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=533

:blink: How could anyone NOT like the Wii controller??I'm confused ... It looks like it could change the world ... O_o

Posted

yer, it was only really sony fanboys who complained about it to begin with, he he , now they've got their own worse version. Some people in my school think the PS3 controller is better because the ps3 controller can do 6 axis and the wii can only do 3......idiots....

Posted

Isn't the PS3 controller the same as the others? :blink:

The only diffrences I can see is that it's wireless, but doesn't rumble.

Posted

nah, it's got motion sensing as well, which is the reason they gave for not having rumble. However the PS3 controller is much more limited, it's basically got the same functions as the nunchuck add-on for the wii controller, so doesn;t have the vital pointer that it would be most useful for.

Also, consdering the ps3 controller is 2 handed i don;t think it would be anywhere near as well suited for flinging about...

o, and it uses mercury wheras the wii uses gyroscopes, i see health and safety lawsuits coming sonys way...

Posted

WELL i'M GETTING THE WII, JUST BECAUSE i WANT TO SEE THE NEW VERSOIN MYSELF. iF IT SUX, THAN I'LL JUST GET GAME CUBE. bUT THATS JUST ME... :rolleyes:

sry for the all caps :embarrassed:

Posted

WII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

since im getting the wii, im going to go all out and experience zelda the way it was ment for the wii.... if it sucks, then ill get GC, but how can it suck? any bugs or dissapointments should be worked out by the time it is released.

and for the camera adjustment, they will assighn a button to automatically snap into place like in wind waker, as far as manual adjustment for first person view, it will obviously be up the the pointer....