Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sony, why wont you merge with Nintendo!?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, well basically theres this anime tv show I really love called Eureka Seven (as some of you may know) and just today I found out that there are 2 games for the tv show! Of course, I was extremely happy about this and was ready to buy them through any circumstances (well..not any, but you know what I mean) then, I found out they were only for PS2 :cry::cry::cry:

Man, what a letdown. All I basically have is Nintendo consoles and an Xbox...why Sony..why! I know..kind of dramatic lol

I know many people hate Sony for the Playstation consoles (dude, so do I!) but this just made me wish Sony would merge with Nintendo :cry: Either that, or put the games on something else other then the damn PS2! :angry: (Pardon my french lol)

Posted

i dont like the sony consoles either they should merge with nintendo

Posted

Sony's consoles are too dependent on power. They're corrupt.

But, this may come as a surprise, Sony and Nintendo almost merged to make a CD console a long time ago. Instead, Nintendo broke off the deal with Sony and partnered with Phillips-CDi.

Posted

But, this may come as a surprise, Sony and Nintendo almost merged to make a CD console a long time ago. Instead, Nintendo broke off the deal with Sony and partnered with Phillips-CDi.

Really? I think I've heard of CDI before..didnt that have the sucky Zelda CDI games on it, like faces of doom or something?

Posted

Merging reduces the threat of competition,

game makers would get lazy and wouldnt strive to make their best possible games as they know they have less competition to fear and less reason to worry about people taking their portion of the market.

Posted

game makers would get lazy and wouldnt strive to make their best possible games as they know they have less competition to fear and less reason to worry about people taking their portion of the market.

Hm...good point. I still wish that the games were on something other then PS2 :(

Posted

Merging with Sony would just be a bad move anyway, period.

Posted

Like when Disney and Pixar merged. Kids movies pretty much suck now.

AND

I to have found a game I'm dying to play. But, alas, it is for PS2. It seems we must just continue to dream (Tales of the Abyss :cry: ) of the games and be thankful we have Nintendo. It will never be killed and always come out on top. (That sounded really dorky...)

Posted

Hm...good point. I still wish that the games were on something other then PS2 :(

But, then again, Sony dont have many exlusives left for their Playstation consoles...

Posted

Like when Disney and Pixar merged. Kids movies pretty much suck now.

That is so very true. :D

I know how it feels to not have good games cross-platform. It gets really annoying not having many good games coume out on Nintendo consoles (eg. Final Fantasy). That was a main contributing factor to why the Gamecube died. They just stopped releasing good games.

But with the success of the Wii, developers are getting more confident so you may see it eventually. For example I just found out there is a Bleach game coming out soon for the Wii.

Posted

Bleach? YAY!! That makes me happy. Now all I need to do is start my job and buy a Wii! (i shoudl have it by December)

Posted

Yup, here's the box art:

boxart_wii_jp_bleach-wii.jpg

It's called Bleach: Shattered Blade. This in't the place for this discussion though.

Sorry Mods. :embarrassed:

Posted

Bleach! 0_0 W00T!! Omg Bleach is like my third favorite anime! I'm definately buying that game!!!

Well, might as well move on. Who knows, maybe the Eureka Seven games werent even that good *shrugs*, I mean, I dont know anyone else who has them.

And yeah, when Disney and Pixar merged...you've got a good point there. I was appalled to hear that news awhile ago!

So, as said before, might as well move on. After all, theres a Bleach game coming out for for Wii :biggrin::joy:

Posted

Dude, used PS2's cost like...100 dollars now.

A lucky find at a garage sale or flea market sets you back 20 dollars.

It's not hard to get a PS2, and probably also easy to get a used copy of those games for cheap.

Plus, it's not Sony's fault.

The third party developer chose to make it on the PS2, considering it's cheaper, it's sold the most consoles so far, and it's easier to make games for.

Go figure.

Posted

It would be nice if Sony would either merge with Nintendo or become a third party company. Sony makes some good games, but they were always just for their own system. If they were to be able to become a third party, they could make games for the other two systems.